NASCAR Pick 'Em 2023 - Bristol

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
Driver pick submittal deadline: Sunday, September 16th, 6:30 p.m. Eastern time.

3 - current standings #28.jpg

4 - used list #28.jpg

From Jayski:

NASCAR shifts Bristol Cup Series race start time to 6:30pm/et​

SEPTEMBER 15, 2023 AT 1:19 PM

NASCAR today announced that the NASCAR Cup Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway on Saturday, Sept. 16, will now start at 6:30 p.m. ET – advancing one hour from the original 7:30 p.m. ET start time – due to forecasted inclement weather. The broadcast networks for the Bass Pro Shops Night Race remain unchanged – USA, PRN and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.
Green flag for the final race of the NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs Round of 16 is scheduled for 6:35 p.m. ET.
For tickets to Saturday’s Bass Pro Shops Night Race, visit BristolMotorSpeedway.com. Bristol Motor Speedway parking lots will open at 11 a.m. ET. Grandstand gates will open at 1 p.m. ET and the NASCAR Cup Series garage will open at 2:30 p.m. ET.
— NASCAR —

Change of driver pick deadline:

Sunday, September 16th, 6:30 p.m. 6:00 p.m. Eastern time.

I have a feeling I'm going to select the most popular pick this weekend. Hope I'm wrong.

Hocevar has been amazing driving the 42. Far better than anyone else in it and just as good or better than his temp teammate. Carson needs a cup ride in good equipment next year.

Congratulations to @JJ_14 for taking the "Highest Finishing Pick" award (for the second consecutive race) following the second place finish his pick, Kyle Larson, in the Bass Pro Shops Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway.

In the midst of a three race streak where he's picked drivers that have finished first, second, and third, @JJ_14 has moved up in the standings from 13th to 9th and gained 51 points on the standings leader.

Other current shakers and movers that have picked top ten finishing drivers in the last three races (and their gain on the leader) include @LibertyU24 (+44), @Jorge De Guzman (+44), @FLRacingFan (+37), and @Clutch (+35).

On top of the standings for the seventh consecutive race sits @RayinTX, who saw his lead over @Clutch, @FLRacingFan, and @Mr Excitement significantly reduced thanks to the 25th place finish of his pick, Corey LaJoie.

With seven races remaining in the season, the top ten players in the standings are now within 67 points of the top spot and several of those players having numerous quality drivers remaining in their stable. Should be fun stuff.

The "Most Upward Movement" award went to @JJ_14 and @Jorge De Guzman who each gained two spots in the standings.

The "Value Pick of the Week" award went to the two players, @Mr Excitement and @Spotter22, that picked 11th place finisher Carson Hocevar.

The "Slipping & Sliding" award was taken by @LewTheShoe who dropped four spots closer to the bottom due to his absent minded submittal of a driver, Christopher Buescher, that he had used earlier in the season. :owquitit:

Note that typically when game management sees that a player has picked an "ineligible" driver, that player is notified and instructed to "pick again."

Apparently, @LewTheShoe didn't get the message. :idunno:

2 - results #29.jpg

I have reached my goal of top 10 in points... with 7 races remaining! Is there a possibility of podium, maybe even more? I'm aiming for top 5 now.

Also had an 11th place finish by Ty Dillon at Talladega. I've been doing great these past four races. Hopefully the good results continue.

Shoutout to @kkfan91 who has been using a spin the wheel strategy to select his drivers. It has worked out wonderfully for him.

Note that typically when game management sees that a player has picked an "ineligible" driver, that player is notified and instructed to "pick again."

Apparently, @LewTheShoe didn't get the message. :idunno:
Oops. Brain fart. You are correct, PJ, that I didn't get the message, but I do appreciate you sending the warning. I was white water rafting on the Snake River in Idaho... part of a week-long celebration of my brother's 80th birthday. Just today I saw the results of last week's Pick 'Em game. I was expecting to move up the ladder with Buescher's P4 finish. Oops, not so fast. Now I have work to do to win this game from the back... Talladega style.

That's pretty badass.
Ha ha, thanks. We also rented ATV's to explore the fire roads and trails in the mountains. I can attest that switching to 2wd is more fun than the recommended 4wd. The front tires are definitely less "planted" in 2wd, but you can break the rears loose and steer with the throttle.

Back
Top Bottom