NASCAR Pick 'Em 2023 - Darlington

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
Driver pick submittal deadline: Sunday, September 3rd, 5:00 p.m. Eastern time.

3 - current standings #26.jpg

4 - used list A #26.jpg

4 - used list B #26.jpg

As many in the world of NASCAR become immersed in a "Chase for the Championship" extravaganza across all three major series (with the notable exception of the Pick 'Em game), several former champions of the game appear to remain in contention for the championship of this year's game, including @FLRacingFan (2014), @Clutch (2019), and @Head423 (2022).

Who's got the skill (and the luck) to be at the top of the heap when the checkered flag flies for the final time this season. :idunno:

With ten races left in the 2023 season, game management must give thanks to all of the characters on the board that have supported the game this year, and through-out the past ten years, by taking the time to submit a driver pick each week.
:cheers:
Happy motoring, fellas. :dirtbike:

As many in the world of NASCAR become immersed in a "Chase for the Championship" extravaganza across all three major series (with the notable exception of the Pick 'Em game), several former champions of the game appear to remain in contention for the championship of this year's game, including @FLRacingFan (2014), @Clutch (2019), and @Head423 (2022).

Who's got the skill (and the luck) to be at the top of the heap when the checkered flag flies for the final time this season. :idunno:

With ten races left in the 2023 season, game management must give thanks to all of the characters on the board that have supported the game this year, and through-out the past ten years, by taking the time to submit a driver pick each week.
No thank you brother for the grind. It's much appreciated!

Thanks for running this game. It really is fun & gives me another reason to watch the races. I haven't had a single NO PICK or INELIGIBLE in my 5 years playing this game. Always looking forward to seeing the results & how I did compared to others.

Harrison Burton is having a great race or better than usual. It sure would be a shame if he had some bad luck and finished in the 30s.

Hang in there HB and give us that weekly performance that we love from you.

Congratulations to @LibertyU24 for taking the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish of his pick, Kyle Larson, in the Cook Out Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway..

The top five spots in the standings remained unchanged although for the second consecutive race, a 19th place finish by @Old 97's pick enabled him to gain more ground on @RayinTX and @Head423, whose picks once again failed to finish in the top 30.

The "Most Upward Movement" award went to @LibertyU24 who used his pick of the race winner to move five spots closer to the top of the standings.

The "Slipping & Sliding" award was taken by @antman12 and @Gators423! when the 31st place finish of their pick, Austin Cindric, caused them to each fall five spots.

For the second consecutive race the "Wiping Up the Rear" award came close to making an appearance when Harrison Burton, picked by @Head423 and @superchuck500, finished next to last.

In a display of just how difficult it is to gain significant ground in the standings, @hmmm298 has picked a top ten finisher in six of the last seven races. His average finish per race has gone from 19.0 to 16.8 and he's gained 31 points on the standings leader. Yet, he's only moved up six spots in the standings, from 25th place to 19th.

And finally, as previously posted by @JJ_14, congratulations to @FLRacingFan, @Clutch, @DC76, and @olwhatshisname for taking the "Value Pick of the Week" award thanks to the 10th place finish of their pick, Eric Jones. who started the race in 28th place in the driver standings.

2 - results #27.jpg

I've been on a roll the past few weeks & gained a lot of ground on the guys in front of me. The leaders have been struggling as of late, which is quite surprising. They've nailed their picks all year long.

I don’t know how a value pick is counted these days, but picking a guy that has his first top 5 in four months has to count for something. And he got lapped early in the same race too

A tale of two seasons for me.
I was hanging in there within the top five until just past the halfway point. I was staying within 36 points (or a race) of the leader. I also felt like I was managing things well and saving my best picks for a strong finish.

But with the exception of Pocono things for me have went from sugar to sheet since that point. I got awful results with my Busch and Bell picks and most races since then has been a twentysomething result.
I went from about 5th to 13th in the standings, now I am just hoping I can finish in the top ten.

It is a tough game and I know that luck is a huge factor. But the ones in the top 5 know what they are doing. At this point in the season, they are not where they are by some accident or coincidence.

Much respect for their performance, and @pjmolo the best commissionir I know of anywhere in any context.

I don’t know how a value pick is counted these days, but picking a guy that has his first top 5 in four months has to count for something. And he got lapped early in the same race too
I just pick a guy who had a surprising finish. Erik Jones is 28th in points, Chastain has a win & is expected to get good results. I wasn't surprised by his top 5.

A tale of two seasons for me.
I was hanging in there within the top five until just past the halfway point. I was staying within 36 points (or a race) of the leader. I also felt like I was managing things well and saving my best picks for a strong finish.

But with the exception of Pocono things for me have went from sugar to sheet since that point. I got awful results with my Busch and Bell picks and most races since then has been a twentysomething result.
I went from about 5th to 13th in the standings, now I am just hoping I can finish in the top ten.

It is a tough game and I know that luck is a huge factor. But the ones in the top 5 know what they are doing. At this point in the season, they are not where they are by some accident or coincidence.

Much respect for their performance, and @pjmolo the best commissionir I know of anywhere in any context.
I feel your pain. Same deal here.4th to 19th... I had awful Summer. Gibbs 34 th Mcdowell 33rd Blaneys pit crew at NH 25th, Gilliland Indy, Elliott W Glen, and so on.

Back
Top Bottom