NASCAR Pick 'Em 2023 - Homestead-Miami

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
Driver pick submittal deadline: Sunday, October 22nd, 1:30 p.m. Eastern time.

3 - current standings #33.jpg

4 - used list #33.jpg

I knew picking Chase Elliott at Las Vegas was very risky. I was thinking about changing the pick at the last minute, but figured he was the best choice for me because my other close competitors didn't have him available. It was a good opportunity to make up ground on the leaders, but the exact opposite happened.

It'll take a miracle for me to win this thing now.

I knew picking Chase Elliott at Las Vegas was very risky. I was thinking about changing the pick at the last minute, but figured he was the best choice for me because my other close competitors didn't have him available. It was a good opportunity to make up ground on the leaders, but the exact opposite happened.

It'll take a miracle for me to win this thing now.
A poduim finish and still a worthy goal. Good enough for a post season speech as well.

It seems to be Logano/Bowman/Keselowski for me vs Hamlin/Harvick/Jones/? for @Head423 and I also think @FLRacingFan has a chance. Gonna be tough for the others that are close to the top move up.
I was not looking at the correct player, @FLRacingFan has used his top drivers...but @JJ_14 has some good ones remaining...

Looks like the poor feller has heard about dog racing and is begging off that planned trip to the Sunshine State.

The pooch is all good now after being told that Pitbull will serve as the honorary pace car official at the Homestead-Miami race.

pitbull.jpg

For those thinking that a championship playoff series is necessary for a suspenseful racing season, say hello to the NASCAR Pick 'Em game.

The picks are in for the Homestead-Miami race and with three races remaining in the season, at least five players remain in contention for the game's championship.

Let's go racing boys.

1 - picks #34.jpg

I should have known better than picking Larson. It was going to be even more tempting to hero or zero than usual for him based on already being in the final four.
I knew that but I was just to tempted by his good practice speeds.

Chances of a top ten finish in the league are done for me

All hope for a top ten season finish is lost.

Time to sell the kids and move back to figure 8 racing.
How much does it pay to take them? Maybe they can help me pick here next year.

Right off the top of my head for real though, that makes Larson, KB, Austin Dillon, Logano, Blaney and a few other drivers who all finished in the 30s when I picked them. Even Larson has better luck this year than me. :rolleyes: :XXROFL: :XXROFL:

How much does it pay to take them? Maybe they can help me pick here next year.

Right off the top of my head for real though, that makes Larson, KB, Austin Dillon, Logano, Blaney and a few other drivers who all finished in the 30s when I picked them. Even Larson has better luck this year than me. :rolleyes: :XXROFL: :XXROFL:
Good finishes by all of those guys I could be leading. :XXROFL: :XXROFL: :XXROFL:

Congratulations to @kkfan91 and @donthaveanickname for taking the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish of their pick, Christopher Bell, in the 4EVER 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

The top of the leader board was claimed by @Head423 for the fifth consecutive race in his continued attempt at becoming the first player to win the game's championship in back-to-back seasons.

The eleventh place finish by @Head423's pick, Kevin Harvick, enabled him to pull further away from his challengers and he now holds a 23 point lead over @RayinTX, his closest pursuer, with two races remaining.

The "Most Upward Movement" award went to @olwhatshisname, who gained five spots thanks to a top ten finish by his pick, Austin Dillon.

After enduring a mid-season stretch of six races that landed the 'ol boy in the cellar when his picks finished, on average, in 30th place, he now has hopes of cracking the top 20 in the standings.

The "Slipping & Sliding" award was taken by @Mr Excitement who dropped three spots when his pick, Kyle Larson, must have been day-dreaming about winning a second Cup championship and totaled his ride without any help at the entry to pit road.

2 - results #34.jpg

Back
Top Bottom