NASCAR Pick 'Em 2023 - Kansas

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of driver picks for the next race is Sunday, May 7th, 2:30 p.m. Eastern time.

3 - current standings #11.jpg
4 - used list #11.jpg

110 back alright! Lfg lol

110 points back / 25 races left = need to gain about 5 points per race on leader :dirtbike:

Then again, historically it has taken an average of about 15 points per race (or less) to win the season championship.

Which means that your remaining picks need to have an average finish of about 12th place or better. :beerbang:

Question (not a criticism) ...

Wouldn’t @Clutch’s Bowman pick default to Berry?

Good question and something that needed the game's rules to clarify.

OFFICIAL GAME RULES

8 - If a driver picked by a player does not appear on the entry list for that race (as posted on NASCAR.com), or if the driver was previously used by that player ("INELIGIBLE PICK"), the player will be awarded points equal to the number of drivers that started the race, plus one.

9 - If a driver picked by a player does appear on the entry list for that race (as posted on NASCAR.com), and that driver is then replaced by another driver prior to the start of the race, then the "default driver pick" for that player will be the replacement driver, unless the player elects to select a different driver.

If Bowman had appeared on the NASCAR.com entry list for the Kansas race then, yes, @Clutch's pick would have defaulted to Berry.

However, I can't find any evidence that Bowman was ever on that list as it's been well known to most that he's out with an injury.

https://www.jayski.com/2023/04/26/a...after-sprint-car-crash-josh-berry-to-fill-in/

Sky TV down here decided not to renew the contract for Nascar for whatever reason so I can't watch any races.. Therefore my interest has waned this year. Clearly. Lol

@Clutch…you’ll be OK. I spend a pick on Ty Ty thinking he can have a goof finish and…POOF. Some races any pick can essentially be as bad a no pick.

Major points implications for many leading teams reporting (with with approx 58 laps remaining).

Top 20 positions that picked Gibbs, who is currently 24 laps down

P2
P4 (a team tied for P4)
P7
P13

P3 made an ineligible pick

P8 picked Kyle Busch who is currently 37 laps down

It looks like @Old 97 with Truax as his pick and currently running 2nd will extend his points lead (if this post doesn't successfully jinx him).

Major points implications for many leading teams reporting (with with approx 58 laps remaining).

Top 20 positions that picked Gibbs, who is currently 24 laps down

P2
P4 (a team tied for P4)
P7
P13

P3 made an ineligible pick

P8 picked Kyle Busch who is currently 37 laps down

It looks like @Old 97 with Truax as his pick and currently running 2nd will extend his points lead (if this post doesn't successfully jinx him).

I kind of jinxed myself

I kind of jinxed myself
You increased your points lead over positions 2 through 8 and only lost a few points to the two teams that entered the event in 9th and 10th. I would call that a very good result. The kind of stuff that could win you a championship.

You increased your points lead over positions 2 through 8 and only lost a few points to the two teams that entered the event in 9th and 10th. I would call that a very good result. The kind of stuff that could win you a championship.
We shall see.
Wish I had money on this for the last month. LOL

I was nervous as this was my first time changing my pick after qualifying. My original pick of Preece showed absolutely no speed in practice or qualifying and I had no confidence they could make it better. I’m glad the change didn’t come back to bite me.

I was nervous as this was my first time changing my pick after qualifying. My original pick of Preece showed absolutely no speed in practice or qualifying and I had no confidence they could make it better. I’m glad the change didn’t come back to bite me.
I recommend hiring 2 or 3 systems / strategy engineers as advisers.

Identify trends … stuff like that. 😎

The wheel is keeping me solidly midpack

Congratulations to @Mr Excitement, @FLRacingFan, @RayinTX, and himself for taking the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish of their pick, Denny Hamlin, in the Advent Health 400 at Kansas Speedway.

The "Most Upward Movement" award was also taken by @Mr Excitement as he used his second first place pick of the season to move up six spots in the standings.

The top of the standings remained unchanged for the seventh consecutive race with @Old 97 refusing to give it up to any and all challengers.

Meanwhile, the "Slipping & Sliding" award was taken by @racingfan7 when he fell a whoppin' eight spots in the standings.

2 - results #12.jpg

My 2 mess ups of not picking a driver has knocked me out of a championship run but I’m chasing that top 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom