NASCAR Pick 'Em 2023 - Richmond

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of driver picks for the next race is Sunday, April 2nd, 2:30 p.m. Eastern time.

3 - current standings #6.jpg
4 - used list #6.jpg

This one hurt badly. I had Berry penciled in until the last minute. I decided to go with Hamlin because I wasn't comfortable with Berry starting at the back. He easily could've been caught a lap down early.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think Berry would finish 2nd. I end up with a 20th place finish by Hamlin. I've hit a new low in the pick 'em game.

This one hurt badly. I had Berry penciled in until the last minute. I decided to go with Hamlin because I wasn't comfortable with Berry starting at the back. He easily could've been caught a lap down early.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think Berry would finish 2nd. I end up with a 20th place finish by Hamlin. I've hit a new low in the pick 'em game.

Gotta figure that there's lesson to be learned there somewhere.

I went after Berry thinking Richmond could be his last race in the #9 before Elliott's return.

Sweet return on my dollar. :dirtbike:

With their pick, three players came away from the Richmond race with what may well turn out to be the "value" pick of the 2023 season.

The three, @Brentford, @LibertyU24, and 'ol what's his name, took the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the second place finish of Josh Berry (filling in for Chase Elliot) in the Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond Raceway.

The "Most Upward Movement" award was shared by @LibertyU24 and @Truex_rox as they each moved up five spots in the standings.

At the top of the standings @Head moved up three spots to bang fenders with @Old 97, each of them now tied for first place.

On the negative side, the newly created "Slipping & Sliding" award went to @AuzGrams after he dropped a whoppin' nine spots in the standings thanks to the 35th place finish of his pick, Ricky Stenhouse Jr.

For a time during the race it looked like Stenhouse, running in last place, might warrant a dusting off of the "Wiping Up The Rear" award.

Fortunately, @AuzGrams was spared the further degradation.

2 - results #7.jpg

I'm still in this thing, but will need to do well the rest of the way, & some luck needed too. Congrats to those who went with Berry. It doesn't get much better than a 2nd by a replacement driver. That's how you win this game.

I'm still in this thing, but will need to do well the rest of the way, & some luck needed too. Congrats to those who went with Berry. It doesn't get much better than a 2nd by a replacement driver. That's how you win this game.
I don't know, we aren't even 10 races into the season. You've still got plenty of time to make up ground.

I hate Hambone, but of course picked him (ya gotta sometime) thinking he could at least race his “home track” well.

NOPE. Total fail by the driver and crew. Only good thing to come from this mess is I don’t have to use him again.

Back
Top Bottom