NASCAR Pick 'Em 2023 - Texas

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
Driver pick submittal deadline: Sunday, September 24th, 2:30 p.m. Eastern time.

3 - current standings #29.jpg
4 - used list #29.jpg

Actually Austin runs kind of well at Texas, I was thinking of choosing him for this race myself

The value pick of the week award goes to @Head423, @yourstruly, @Gators423! & @ToyYoda following the runner up finish of their pick, Ross Chastain.

I honestly can't believe how lucky I've been these past four races, but more so today. At one point, I thought Chastain's day was done with the pedal sensor issue. He was mired in 30th position. But I also knew there was plenty of racing left.

With a few yellows & pit strategy, he brings it home 2nd. That's four races in a row with a top 3 finish for me. I certainly didn't think I'd contend for the title, I guess I was wrong.

Jones was looking great until they decided to pit.
Yes, that griped me to no end. Couldn’t believe he’d give up that track position when older tires weren’t a big deal.

THEN OF COURSE it puts him into the unlucky spot further back to get collected up in a big wreck. This was his crew chief’s call I believe, but whoever took that pit gamble is nominated for bonehead of the race.

Lastly not sure how picking Ross is the “value pick of the week”, since he’s a premium selection, but it’s not my call. Congrats to all who selected my main man from Alva. So glad he was able to recover for a strong finish.

Yes, that griped me to no end. Couldn’t believe he’d give up that track position when older tires weren’t a big deal.

THEN OF COURSE it puts him into the unlucky spot further back to get collected up in a big wreck. This was his crew chief’s call I believe, but whoever took that pit gamble is nominated for bonehead of the race.

Lastly not sure how picking Ross is the “value pick of the week”, since he’s a premium selection, but it’s not my call. Congrats to all who selected my main man from Alva. So glad he was able to recover for a strong finish.
I considered Hocevar, but ultimately, I didn't think P16 was that special. Do you think I should've picked Hocevar instead?

I considered Hocevar, but ultimately, I didn't think P16 was that special. Do you think I should've picked Hocevar instead?
Maybe but no worries, it’s a fun award and not always an obvious choice!

Congratulations to @Magicmiler for taking the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish of his pick, William Byron, in the AutoTrader EchoPark Automotive 400 at Texas Motor Speedway.

After sitting on top of the standings for seven consecutive races, @RayinTX had the misfortune of picking 34th place finisher Kyle Busch and was bumped to the second position by @Head, who took the top spot with his pick of second place finisher Ross Chastain.

Meanwhile, @JJ_14 continued his late season charge towards the top by picking a top five finisher for the fourth consecutive race. During that stretch he's moved from 13th to 5th in the standings and gained 56 points on the leader.

The "Most Upward Movement" award went to @Magicmiler and @JJ_14 as they each moved up four spots in the standings.

The "Slipping & Sliding" award was taken by @Old 97 who dropped four spots thanks to the last place finish of his pick, Austin Dillon.

Speaking of last place finisher Austin Dillon, the "Wiping Up the Rear" award was secured by @Old 97 and the two other players that confidently picked Dillon, @aunty dive and @hmmm298.

Finally, amid some controversy, the "Value Pick of the Week" award went to the four players that picked second place finisher Ross Chastain.

2 - results #30.jpg

Back
Top Bottom