NASCAR Pick 'Em 2024 - Charlotte Roval

Congratulations to @Magicmiler, @kkfan91, and @donthaveanickname, the recipients of the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish of their pick, Kyle Larson, in the Bank of America ROVAL 400 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

In what is possibly an all-time record, the race winner has been picked by at least one player in each of the last eight races and ten out of the last eleven.

The "Most Upward Movement" award was shared by @Greg, @Truex_rox, and @hmmm298 as they each gained two positions in the standings as a result of their top-five picks.

The "Slipping & Sliding" award was shared by @Blaze and @Michfan thanks to the disappointing finishes of their picks that caused them each to drop three spots in the standings.

The "Top Five" club remained unchanged for the fifth consecutive race as standings leader ol'whatshisname took advantage of a continuing hard fought battle among @aunty dive, @Spotter22, and @dirtfan for second place in the standings.

While those three have taken turns chasing the leader, none of them has been able to mount a serious drive to the top since @aunty dive came within nine points after the Darlington race.

The hottest player in the game continues to be a hard charging @Magicmiler who has seen his picks register a Top Ten finish in each of the last four races, including three Top Fives, which has enabled him to crack the Top Ten in the standings.

Finally, the "Wiping Up the Rear" award was ready to make an appearance as it initially appeared that @dirtfan's pick, Corey LaJoie, had finished last. However, Alex Bowman changed all of that when he was disqualified and awarded the last place position as a result.

2 - results #32.jpg

I had the 5th worst finish out of all the players. You can't win them all, I suppose.

A P19 out of Zane Smith is pretty decent though. Now I have 4 A & B drivers left to play with, but one of them is Erik Jones, who is basically a C driver.

I'll be happy with a top 5 finish in the standings, given that 5 is my favorite number. It would be the 4th time in 5 seasons playing this game that I finish top 5.

I feel like Denny Hamlin, so close so many times but not a championship trophy to show for it.

Thanks PJ!

Looks like Ray and I are both on pace to out-do JJ . . . but I'm certainly not going to try for it. I've got some good drivers left and I'm going to run them - although that hasn't mattered a lick to date this year.
In 2022 I missed 3 races and finished 4th.
Last year I tied for 2nd.
This year has been unbelievable...in such a bad way...I've been pretty much just picking randomly for a while now, but overall I have SUCKED!!!

Back
Top Bottom