NASCAR Pick 'Em 2024 - Daytona

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The deadline for submittal of driver picks for the next race is Saturday, August 24th, 6:30 p.m. Eastern time.

3 - current standings #24.jpg

4 - used list #24.jpg

You’re going with Dale Jr too??
Haha. I'm going with Michael Waltrip instead. :cool:

I find it pretty cool that I have 8 top 10's, while the most top 10's is 13 by @DC76. Even though I don't have a win, I have 3 top 5's and 8 top 10's. I'm pretty satisfied with those statistics. :headbang:

Heck, let the guy play. He’d probably still have a shot to catch me even if you gave him a last place finish for the previous 24 or so races.

I thought Hocevar would be a throwaway pick, so I used him here. Didn’t think he’d be so competitive at non-plate tracks. Oh well! 🤷‍♂️

This is why I despise when quicker cars fall back in the pack intentionally. Ryan Preece gets crinkled by being mid-late pack, when he had opportunities earlier to get up front and stay there. He elected to fall all back in stage 1, then puttering around before the mess. Someone cue up my theme record by Tom Petty….

“Well I’m free………..free falling”….

This is why I despise when quicker cars fall back in the pack intentionally. Ryan Preece gets crinkled by being mid-late pack, when he had opportunities earlier to get up front and stay there. He elected to fall all back in stage 1, then puttering around before the mess. Someone cue up my theme record by Tom Petty….

“Well I’m free………..free falling”….
Yeah it pretty much cost me the Pickem contest. His spotter is the worst Ive seen.

It looks like I didn't lose any spots in the standings with the 25th place finish from Austin Hill. It's a bummer that I didn't do better, but my chances at a top 10 points finish are still alive.

As a matter of fact, I think I gained a spot.

In hindsight I got the finish I deserved for picking Lajoie. I should have known better.

I should have taken the advice from @LewTheShoe in Michigan's Pick em thread..
I definitely will at Talladega...
Well, at Daytona @LewTheShoe had the same pick as you, Ryan Preece, who wound up in 39th place. Preece had a very fast Ford, qualified on the second row, surrounded by Stewart Haas teammates and the Ford's from Front Row, Penske, and RFK. So the dumb ass intentionally throws away the relative safety of track position at the front, moves back into the scrum, and wrecks out of the race at the first opportunity. Hopefully Preece will be back in New England soon, driving a modified, where he belongs. His extended trial in cup racing has amply demonstrated that he's not cut out for Nascar's biggest stage.

I should have followed my own advice...!

Well, at Daytona @LewTheShoe had the same pick as you, Ryan Preece, who wound up in 39th place. Preece had a very fast Ford, qualified on the second row, surrounded by Stewart Haas teammates and the Ford's from Front Row, Penske, and RFK. So the dumb ass intentionally throws away the relative safety of track position at the front, moves back into the scrum, and wrecks out of the race at the first opportunity. Hopefully Preece will be back in New England soon, driving a modified, where he belongs. His extended trial in cup racing has amply demonstrated that he's not cut out for Nascar's biggest stage.

Preece is fine. How many cars made it to the finish without damage? It was just bad luck, it happens.

I’m still doing better than I had done previous years, I’m normally a basement dweller in this game.
You are doing just fine.

Good sportsmanship is hanging in there and respecting those who are performing the best even when you are to far behind to catch up.

Just keep on smilin

He was good in the Mods . Saw him win at Waterford Speedbowl about 10 years ago. Talented, but somehow hasn't made that transition to Cup... Lord knows he has had enough time...

Back
Top Bottom