NASCAR Pick 'Em 2024 - Daytona

You are doing just fine.

Good sportsmanship is hanging in there and respecting those who are performing the best even when you are to far behind to catch up.

Just keep on smilin

100%. Gives me hope also for next year. I’m gonna win this thing one of these years!

This is why I despise when quicker cars fall back in the pack intentionally. Ryan Preece gets crinkled by being mid-late pack, when he had opportunities earlier to get up front and stay there. He elected to fall all back in stage 1, then puttering around before the mess. Someone cue up my theme record by Tom Petty….
Yeah it pretty much cost me the Pick 'Em contest. His spotter is the worst I've seen.
In hindsight I got the finish I deserved for picking Lajoie. I should have known better.
Just another plate race failure pick. That being said, it was cool to see Harrison Burton get the Wood Brothers they're 100th win.
I should have taken the advice from @LewTheShoe in Michigan's Pick em thread..
I can probably kiss my top 10 goodbye

tv-drama.gif

Congratulations to @Jorge De Guzman and @Michfan, the recipients of the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish of their pick, Harrison Burton, in the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway.

The "Most Upward Movement" award was also taken by @Jorge De Guzman and @Michfan as their pick of Burton allowed each of them to gain four positions in the standings.

Interestingly, in an anomaly of sorts, the 23rd place finish by @Mr Excitement's pick, Todd Gilliland, enabled him to also gain four positions to a spot within striking distance of 10th place in the standings.

The "Slipping & Sliding" award was shared by @hmmm298, @Gators423!, and @Old 97 due to the disappointing finish of Ryan Preece and by the failure of @Old 97 to submit a pick, which caused each of them to drop four spots in the standings.

The "Top Five" club saw @Conover drop out of a tie for fifth place while @aunty dive gained a position for the seventh consecutive race, moving him past a visibly frustrated @Spotter22 into second place behind @ol'whatshisname.

While the results of the race at Daytona caused a certain amount of anguish among numerous drivers, as well as players of the game, the upcoming Southern 500 at the Lady in Black is expected to inject even more suspenseful drama.

2 - results #25.jpg

I feel like I'm in a race, running up front, can see the leaders, but the leaders are pulling away. 😭

Congrats to those who picked Burton and Retzlaff. Those are the type of picks that can turn your season around.

As bad as I have been at this and with the lowest finishing pick, I somehow managed to win $40 on .60 cents total with harry to win and Cody ware top 5.
I picked Burton in the wrong game.

Congratulations to @Jorge De Guzman and @Michfan, the recipients of the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish of their pick, Harrison Burton, in the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway.

The "Most Upward Movement" award was also taken by @Jorge De Guzman and @Michfan as their pick of Burton allowed each of them to gain four positions in the standings.

Interestingly, in an anomaly of sorts, the 23rd place finish by @Mr Excitement's pick, Todd Gilliland, enabled him to also gain four positions to a spot within striking distance of 10th place in the standings.

The "Slipping & Sliding" award was shared by @hmmm298, @Gators423!, and @Old 97 due to the disappointing finish of Ryan Preece and by the failure of @Old 97 to submit a pick, which caused each of them to drop four spots in the standings.

The "Top Five" club saw @Conover drop out of a tie for fifth place while [B]@aunty dive gained a position for the seventh consecutive race, moving him past a visibly frustrated @Spotter22 into second place behind @ol'whatshisname.[/B]

While the results of the race at Daytona caused a certain amount of anguish among numerous drivers, as well as players of the game, the upcoming Southern 500 at the Lady in Black is expected to inject even more suspenseful drama.

View attachment 80026
Congrats to PJ and Aunty, gotta love these wild card races. Now it looks like its gonna be a shootout from here on out!

Back
Top Bottom