NASCAR Pick 'Em 2024 - Official Rules of the Game

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
The NASCAR Pick 'Em game, a regular feature on the Racing-Forums.com board since 2014, makes a Groundhog Day debut this season as it welcomes players to pick a driver of their choice for each of the 36 NASCAR Cup Series races.

groundhog-day x.jpg

The NASCAR Pick 'Em Game Rules For Dummies reads like this:

For each and every points paying NASCAR Cup Series race, each player selects a driver that is expected to have a relatively good finishing position in that race.

A particular driver may be used as a player's pick for one, and only one, race during the course of the season.

Game points are awarded based upon the finishing position of the player's pick in that race.

1st place finish = 1 point . . . . 40th place finish = 40 points, with all finishes in between awarded appropriately.

At season's end the game's championship is awarded to the player that has the fewest total points after the 36th and final points race.

RULES OF THE GAME

1 - For each race, beginning with the Daytona 500, each player submits a driver pick for that race.

2 - A driver may be used as a player's pick for one, and only one, race during the course of the season.

3 - Only the 36 points paying races are included in the game (the Busch Light Clash, the Daytona Duels, and the All-Star Race are excluded).

4 - Picks are to be submitted on the Racing-Forums.com board via a private "conversation" with pjmolo, game administrator.

a. Click on the pjmolo avatar
yosemite sam 25.jpg
and then click on the "Start Conversation" tab.

b. The conversation "Title" should read NASCAR Pick 'Em 2024 and the message shall consist of the location of the race and the player's pick for that race.

c. Upon the receipt of the pick by the game administrator, a response message that confirms receipt of the pick will be sent to the player's "Inbox."

d. Picks for each subsequent race should be submitted by a response to the message that confirmed the pick of the previous race.

e. Consequently, each player is to utilize a single conversation that will be used to submit driver picks (and receive pick confirmations) throughout the season.

5 - Picks can be submitted in advance of a scheduled race anytime during the season .

6 - The deadline for the submittal of a pick for a given race is one hour prior to the scheduled start of that race, unless otherwise specified by the game administrator.

7 - A player's submitted pick for a given race may be changed provided the change is made prior to the pick deadline for that race.

8 - If a driver picked by a player does not appear on the entry list for that race (as posted on NASCAR.com), or if the driver was previously used by that player ("INELIGIBLE PICK"), the player will be awarded points equal to the number of drivers that started the race, plus one.

9 - If a driver picked by a player does appear on the entry list for that race (as posted on NASCAR.com), and that driver is then replaced by another driver prior to the start of the race, the "default driver pick" for that player will be the replacement driver, unless the player elects to select a different driver.

10 - If a player fails to make a driver pick by the pick deadline ("NO PICK"), the player will be awarded points equal to the number of drivers that started the race, plus one.

11 - After the pick submittal deadline for a race, players' picks are official and will be posted in the "NASCAR Pick 'Em 2024" thread specific to that race.

12 - For each race, the number of points equal to the finishing position of a player's pick (based upon NASCAR's official race results) will be awarded to that player.

13 - Race results and game standings will be posted to the "NASCAR Pick 'Em 2024" thread specific to that race.

14 - After the 36th and final points paying race, the game's championship will be awarded to the player with the fewest total points, that is, the player whose driver picks over the course of the season had the best average finishing position.

15 - In the event of a points tie among two or more players atop the leader board at season's end, then the game's championship will be awarded to the player (among those players) that had the most first place picks.

16 - In the event of a points tie, and a tie for most first place picks, among two or more players atop the leader board at season's end, then the game's championship will be awarded to the player (among those players) that had the most top five picks.

17 - In the event of a points tie, and a tie for most first place picks and top five picks, among two or more players atop the leader board at season's end, then the game's championship will be awarded to the player (among those players) that had the most top ten picks.

The game's CHAMPIONS'S CLUB, including the average finishing position of each Champion's picks:

2023 - 12.3 - @Head423

2022 - 13.1 - @Head423

2021 - 13.6 - @Jorge De Guzman

2020 - 12.8 - @dirtfan

2019 - 14.4 - @Clutch

2018 - 13.9 - @Fordracing7

2017 - 15.2 - @Jorge De Guzman

2016 - 15.3 - @jpell15

2015 - 14.3 - @Brentford

2014 - 15.6 - @FLRacingFan

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND HAPPY MOTORING !!!!

The desktop keyboard and monitor have been hosed down and the spreadsheets have been updated in anticipation of the 2024 racing season.

As @TexasRaceLady has posted in her recruitment of players for the Big Gators game . . . .

I could sure use some more players. It's not hard. Just pick 5 drivers and I'll do all the math.

Same goes for the 2024 Pick 'Em game. :dirtbike:

Open to suggestions to the gimmick I use to make my pick this year. Last year was random name generator wheel.

A reminder to those that have played before, and for those that are new to the game, there is no "sign up" aspect to the game that involves a username and password.

As stated in the rules, simply submit a single driver pick before the pick deadline (Sunday, noon eastern time), enjoy the race, and start thinking about your pick for the next race. :idunno:

OU... to those that have played before, and for those that are new to the game, there is no "sign up" aspect to the game that involves a username and password.

As stated in the rules, simply submit a single driver pick before the pick deadline (Sunday, noon eastern time), enjoy the race, and start thinking about your pick for the next race. :idunno:
Doing The Lords Work...
Thank you...

so this is a really fun game that i have played before, my problem is that after watching nascar for over 50 years i have found allot of people that i dont want to cheer for.how about getting to pick each driver 2 times ne t year. thanks for doing this, have fun guys.

so this is a really fun game that i have played before, my problem is that after watching nascar for over 50 years i have found allot of people that i dont want to cheer for.how about getting to pick each driver 2 times ne t year. thanks for doing this, have fun guys.

I find the opposite effect - after a few years of doing this, I end up cheering for my pick that week and pretty much don't care about anyone else. Ha

It reminds me of when Terry Labonte was on the Dale Jr download a few years ago and Dale asked him if there was any drivers he rooted for. Terry said "I just root for my fantasy drivers that week - that's about it." Dale laughed.

I find the opposite effect - after a few years of doing this, I end up cheering for my pick that week and pretty much don't care about anyone else. Ha

It reminds me of when Terry Labonte was on the Dale Jr download a few years ago and Dale asked him if there was any drivers he rooted for. Terry said "I just root for my fantasy drivers that week - that's about it." Dale laughed.
i just dont see me cheering for dennis or the kid with the funny hair cut.

pj I want to join, Totally slipped my mind and I just saw this. Can I still get in? I don't think I ever got a reminder

A reminder to those that have played before, and for those that are new to the game, there is no "sign up" aspect to the game that involves a username and password.

pj I want to join, Totally slipped my mind and I just saw this. Can I still get in? I don't think I ever got a reminder

Spotter all you have to do is send him a PM with your first pick. This will automatically enter you into the game, no real sign up required.

Didn't get around to sending out reminders this year.

Glad that you and others noticed this year's Pick 'Em thread as I think we're close to 30 in the game so far.

Glad that you and others noticed this year's Pick 'Em thread as I think we're close to 30 in the game so far.
I had a friend pass away and have been dealing with that and it totally slipped my mind but I sent you my pick. Thanks again for the game and your time doing it.

I ended up sending out a late reminder to everyone that's played in the last several years that hadn't already submitted a pick.

So far I've got two of those to bite which brings us to 31 in the game.

hey,thanks for the invite.but i going to sit this year out.hope you have time to look at my changes to the game for ne t year in post#18. good luck everyone.

hey, thanks for the invite. but i going to sit this year out. hope you have time to look at my changes to the game for next year in post#18. good luck everyone.

so this is a really fun game that i have played before, my problem is that after watching nascar for over 50 years i have found allot of people that i dont want to cheer for. how about getting to pick each driver 2 times next year. thanks for doing this, have fun guys.

Sounds interesting.

Let me know how it turns out. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom