NASCAR Pick 'Em - Charlotte Roval

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
Driver pick submittal deadline: Sunday, October 8th, 1:00 p.m. Eastern time.

3 - current standings #31.jpg

4 - used list #31.jpg

This edition of the value pick of the week award goes to @yourstruly & @hmmm298 following Allmendinger's victory at the Charlotte Roval.

My goal when the playoffs started was to finish top 10 in the final standings. I've exceeded my own expectations big time, let's go!

The battle for the lead or championship got a good bit closer after todays race.
Just imagine how different this game and standings would look if it somehow incorporated stage points and/or finishes. Also how different the race today would have looked without stage cautions. B+ probably would have won tbh.

But anyway there have been so many times this year I, and I’m sure countless others here, have had a pick up running really well lots of stage points etc only to get caught up in something near the end.

Not saying it’s a good idea, and I realize it could be a hell of a lot of work, but just an intriguing thought.

Also I don’t really think AJ of all guys should be a value pick on a road course. He’s probably the overall favorite honestly, but thanks JJ

Just imagine how different this game and standings would look if it somehow incorporated stage points and/or finishes. Also how different the race today would have looked without stage cautions. B+ probably would have won tbh.

But anyway there have been so many times this year I, and I’m sure countless others here, have had a pick up running really well lots of stage points etc only to get caught up in something near the end.

Not saying it’s a good idea, and I realize it could be a hell of a lot of work, but just an intriguing thought.

Also I don’t really think AJ of all guys should be a value pick on a road course. He’s probably the overall favorite honestly, but thanks JJ
It would be interesting but I already think it is great and wouldn't want to see any major changes.

The game is great as it is

First off, I really like this format. That said, I've run a league for the past 16 seasons using driver's points scored rather than their finishing position...it's just has fun as this format just a little different.

First off, I really like this format. That said, I've run a league for the past 16 seasons using driver's points scored rather than their finishing position...it's just has fun as this format just a little different.
Yea. My main point is that it just crossed my mind as a thought, but that I don’t want to come across as appreciating this and the work that goes into it any less. I also don’t think I would want it to change, just curiosity regarding how different it would look.

Congratulations to @JJ_14 and @hmmm298 for taking the "Highest Finishing Pick" award following the first place finish of their pick, A.J. Allmendinger, in the Bank of America Roval 400 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Meanwhile, a number of the players sitting in the standing's top ten prior to the race once again saw their picks score a top ten finish.

Whereas they all lost ground to the standings leader, @Head423, after the Talladega race, they all gained considerable ground after the Roval thanks to his pick of the 29th place finisher, Mike Rockenfeller.

Consequently, with four races remaining there are five players (@RayinTX, @FLRacingFan, @JJ_14, @superchuck, and @Magicmiler) within 50 points or less of the top of the standings.

The "Most Upward Movement" award went to @Greg, @LibertyU24, and @hmmm298 as they each moved up two spots in the standings.

The "Slipping & Sliding" award was taken by @kkfan91 who dropped five spots when his pick, Mike Rockenfeller, finished 29th.

2 - results #32.jpg

My criteria for the award is basically to pick a guy who outruns his average finish for the season. Getting a P1 from AJ Allmendinger is fantastic value in my opinion, regardless if it's on a road course or not.

Back
Top Bottom