NASCAR Pinty's Series

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
I don't know if anyone follows this series or watches, it's the former CASCAR (now NASCAR Canada). They've been re-airing TSN broadcasts of the races on MAVTV recently... very entertaining stuff.

The cars look a lot different, but they sure do produce some fantastic racing. And, as an added bonus, the schedule consists entirely of short tracks :wub: and road/street courses.

I don't know if anyone follows this series or watches, it's the former CASCAR (now NASCAR Canada). They've been re-airing TSN broadcasts of the races on MAVTV recently... very entertaining stuff.

The cars look a lot different, but they sure do produce some fantastic racing. And, as an added bonus, the schedule consists entirely of short tracks :wub: and road/street courses.
I've been going to the Pinty's Series races for years, really awesome series! I love all of the tracks that they run at, I've been to all but 1 of the tracks on the current schedule. Its good that they finally brought it to the US on TV. Unfortunately the series is having some of its weaker years lately. Low car counts at some events (as low as 14 or 15 at a few of them), and some of the top championship contenders has dropped out of the series in recent years due to lack of sponsorship. Still an awesome series though. They have had interesting bodies on the cars since before NASCAR even bought the series, back in the CASCAR days. I really liked their old Dodge charger.

Every Pintys Series race from 2017 has full length (edited for tv) broadcasts up on youtube. If you wanna see what they're really about up there check out the race at Circuit Icar. Its most recent configuration was the original roval. Exhilarating from start to finish.

Every Pintys Series race from 2017 has full length (edited for tv) broadcasts up on youtube. If you wanna see what they're really about up there check out the race at Circuit Icar. Its most recent configuration was the original roval. Exhilarating from start to finish.

The original roval?? But its an airport circuit

Kinda funny, Canadian racing shown on a channel the Canadian govt wont allow us to have in canada

Interesting. ..is Dodge a major player in this series? Watched a little on you tube, saw some Dodge Chargers running.

The series was great until Nascar bought it and decided to save all the teams some money. Now fewer teams can afford to run. They dropped my track ( Barrie Speedway). I could go visit my son, get free room and board and go to the track.:D

The Pinty series continues to grow, they have added two more races and two different tracks since 2016. This year they are running a race in the U.S. at Loudon
2018 Schedule Unveiled For Pinty's Series
The NASCAR Pinty’s Series will enter its 12th season and the 2018 calendar will host events five Canadian provinces, with nine oval track events and five road-course races.

http://hometracks.nascar.com/nps/story/2018-schedule-unveiled-pintys-series_11272017

The series was great until Nascar bought it and decided to save all the teams some money. Now fewer teams can afford to run. They dropped my track ( Barrie Speedway). I could go visit my son, get free room and board and go to the track.:D

They didn't drop Barrie... Barrie Speedway doesn't exist anymore. Can't blame that on NASCAR....

The original roval?? But its an airport circuit

See that yellow course it has maybe 2 and a half right turns total that's a roval
EN_ICAR-INSTALLATIONS-02.jpg

Check your time lines.
You check yours. My facts are correct.
They announced the 2015 schedule with Barrie on it. Then before the season started it was announced that Barrie Speedway was permanently closing and they replaced it on the schedule with Sunset Speedway. Barrie had a race in 2014 and was on the NASCAR schedule until it was announced that the track was permanently closing and would not being having a 2015 season. Not NASCARs fault.

See that yellow course it has maybe 2 and a half right turns total that's a roval
View attachment 32119
Doesn't roval just mean an infield road course at an oval?? Such as Daytona, Indianapolis, etc...? Circuit ICAR has no oval, since its just an airport tarmac, therefore can't be a roval...?

You check yours. My facts are correct.
They announced the 2015 schedule with Barrie on it. Then before the season started it was announced that Barrie Speedway was permanently closing and they replaced it on the schedule with Sunset Speedway. Barrie had a race in 2014 and was on the NASCAR schedule until it was announced that the track was permanently closing and would not being having a 2015 season. Not NASCARs fault.
I will concede to your story as I have no proof either way. The story I got was the series gave notice to Barrie Speedway and so they took the offer of Sale rather than wait.

I will concede to your story as I have no proof either way. The story I got was the series gave notice to Barrie Speedway and so they took the offer of Sale rather than wait.

Here is the proof: http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/20...-race-events-moved-to-nearby-sunset-speedway/

The place next to Barrie Speedway sold their land which Barrie used for parking. Barrie Speedway had no parking space available, therfore they sold.
Barrie Speedway had weekly racing, losing the CASCAR race wouldn't have killed the track... But anyway, they cancelled on NASCAR, not the other way around.

Thanks for that, Might have to change providers. On the Lucastv site canadians are not able to subscribe which is weird if Bell has it

Hopefully it will be more widely available soon! Seems like they just launched on Bell this month, so it could take time to get to other carriers maybe.
Maybe try to phone up your provider and inquire about the channel! At least it has finally started in Canada!

Here is the proof: http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/20...-race-events-moved-to-nearby-sunset-speedway/

The place next to Barrie Speedway sold their land which Barrie used for parking. Barrie Speedway had no parking space available, therfore they sold.
Barrie Speedway had weekly racing, losing the CASCAR race wouldn't have killed the track... But anyway, they cancelled on NASCAR, not the other way around.
I raced Barrie speedway in early 70's. At the time Sunset rules allowed for quick change rear ends because the same guys raced in Toronto (Pinecrest). It was getting to expensive for our blood.
and we were just working guys with an expensive hobby.

Doesn't roval just mean an infield road course at an oval?? Such as Daytona, Indianapolis, etc...? Circuit ICAR has no oval, since its just an airport tarmac, therefore can't be a roval...?

Although there isnt a clear definition of the word I take it to mean half r/c half oval.

Although there isnt a clear definition of the word I take it to mean half r/c half oval.
while i do understand what you mean about the Mirabel track, with the turns like that, I thought roval was exclusively used for the infield road courses at some of the big ovals. Thats the only way i've heard it used, but I could be wrong!

Did you read the news that Sauble Beach was sold and the new owners have a Nascar sanctioned race.

Did you read the news that Sauble Beach was sold and the new owners have a Nascar sanctioned race.

yeah, I heard Mark Dilley was taking it over or something at the end of the race season last year. I did see that they will have NASCAR Whelen All American series sanctioning for their local races. Maybe they can get a Pinty's Series race in the future. The series definitely needs more Ontario ovals on the schedule. They used to go to Delaware, Mosport oval, Kawartha, Barrie, etc... and now its down to only Cayuga... its a shame.

while i do understand what you mean about the Mirabel track, with the turns like that, I thought roval was exclusively used for the infield road courses at some of the big ovals. Thats the only way i've heard it used, but I could be wrong!

First time I ever heard someone say it was DW talking about Pocono which makes sense three distinct turns with different banking, it wasn't an oval it wasn't a road course. Of course it's called the tricky triangle now.

yeah, I heard Mark Dilley was taking it over or something at the end of the race season last year. I did see that they will have NASCAR Whelen All American series sanctioning for their local races. Maybe they can get a Pinty's Series race in the future. The series definitely needs more Ontario ovals on the schedule. They used to go to Delaware, Mosport oval, Kawartha, Barrie, etc... and now its down to only Cayuga... its a shame.
Any idea if it's the Pinty's Series dropping the Ontario ovals, or the Ontario ovals dropping the Pinty's Series? Seems to me they should be racing at tracks like Flamboro, Sunset, and Delaware, but maybe those tracks are happy with the two APC series races they get a year (Cheaper, way higher car counts, and most of the top short track racers in the province).

A Pinty's Series race at Sauble mid summer could be a huge draw. Dilley and Gresel still have some work to do to get the facility ready for it first though. Need infield pits, and the grandstands could use some serious upgrading

I don't think its NASCARs fault that the Ontario ovals are gone from the schedule. Barrie and Mosport both closed.Delaware has been on and off of the schedule, I'm guessing they can't make good enough of a profit. I'm guessing Sunset also didn't make enough of a profit? was only on the calendar for 2 years.
Not sure whats going on with Kawartha, but their race was cancelled pretty soon before it was scheduled to happen last year. The 2016 crowd at Kawartha was pathetic. There has been rumors of Kawartha shutting down for years, not sure if that finally happened.
The Pinty's series didn't used to go to quarter mile ovals before but in recent years has added them in Edmonton and Chaudiere, i doubt thats the direction that the series wanted to go in, but they've gotta fill the schedule. Most of the teams are based in Ontario, so i'd imagine they wanna have more oval races there.

Kawartha is in receivership, though they're still running cheaper events like OSCAAR hot rods under interim management. Sounds like running non-profitable races like NASCAR is part of the reason it went under. For Sunset and Delaware, I'm sure it's hard to sell $40 gate admission to watch 18 car fields (though for delaware that's probably considered a decent car count). Personally, if I'm looking to spend $40 at the gate, I'll pay that to spend a whole weekend at Jukasa and see close to 40 pro late models and 20+ super lates. Jukasa seems to have the right idea at least with popular support divisions that have good car counts to bring people out. Last year they had the pro late invitational before the Pinty's race, and this year they have OSCAAR modifieds (25+ car fields) supporting the first Pinty's race, and limited lates (sunset, sauble and peterborough) supporting their second race. Though right now Jukasa could probably run a mini stock invitational with bone stocks supporting and they'd fill the stands.

Kawartha is in receivership, though they're still running cheaper events like OSCAAR hot rods under interim management. Sounds like running non-profitable races like NASCAR is part of the reason it went under. For Sunset and Delaware, I'm sure it's hard to sell $40 gate admission to watch 18 car fields (though for delaware that's probably considered a decent car count). Personally, if I'm looking to spend $40 at the gate, I'll pay that to spend a whole weekend at Jukasa and see close to 40 pro late models and 20+ super lates. Jukasa seems to have the right idea at least with popular support divisions that have good car counts to bring people out. Last year they had the pro late invitational before the Pinty's race, and this year they have OSCAAR modifieds (25+ car fields) supporting the first Pinty's race, and limited lates (sunset, sauble and peterborough) supporting their second race. Though right now Jukasa could probably run a mini stock invitational with bone stocks supporting and they'd fill the stands.

Last years Pinty's raceat Jukasa was only like $30 or $35 I think. Thats pretty reasonable. I'm from the states so thats like $25 for me lol
Usually the Pinty's races do fill the stands, but at Kawartha, it rained almost every year. Their final Pinty's race was also a rained out to sunday race. They really needed to get rid of that september date. Not too many tracks would fill the stands with street stocks in the US, not sure about Canada... In Ontario I've only been to big touring series races like the Pinty's Series, American Lemans, Indycar, Super DIRTcar and Outlaws, etc... and the crowds are almost always really great except on rainy weekends. The Pintys series gets nicer crowds with the $40 tickets than K&N or ARCA usually do at the $25 ticket price.

Hopefully canadian motorsport park in fort erie gets going soon and we get some races scheduled

Hopefully canadian motorsport park in fort erie gets going soon and we get some races scheduled
How long have they been talking about that? For a decade or more? I wouldn't count on it happening... Has there been any major news on it in the last couple of years? Cayuga isn't far from there. I think Cayuga (Jukasa) is more likely to get some big races there than anything happening with Fort Erie... At least Cayuga actually exists... and they did just do a lot of renovations, repaved it, added banking...

Not that they would say anything different but there website still has updates.

Last years Pinty's raceat Jukasa was only like $30 or $35 I think. Thats pretty reasonable. I'm from the states so thats like $25 for me lol
Usually the Pinty's races do fill the stands, but at Kawartha, it rained almost every year. Their final Pinty's race was also a rained out to sunday race. They really needed to get rid of that september date. Not too many tracks would fill the stands with street stocks in the US, not sure about Canada... In Ontario I've only been to big touring series races like the Pinty's Series, American Lemans, Indycar, Super DIRTcar and Outlaws, etc... and the crowds are almost always really great except on rainy weekends. The Pintys series gets nicer crowds with the $40 tickets than K&N or ARCA usually do at the $25 ticket price.
Was exaggerating about the mini/bone stocks selling out at Jukasa. Just mean right now people are eager to buy anything Jukasa is willing to sell them because it's the big new thing and a lot of people have been anxiously waiting a long time for racing to return there. I can't wait to see how many fans they can pack in once they redo the grand stands. Right now only the top 10-15 or so rows are useable since they added banking to the front stretch.

As for Canadian Motor Speedway, I'll believe that that's happening when they've finally completed a race. Last year they brought a bunch of construction equipment to their booth at Motorama to show that they were serious about starting construction that year, which was a change from previous years of bringing the 24 car every year. Should be funny to see what they bring this year after yet another year of not a single thing to announce, if they're even there at all. Seems as though their social media hype machine has cooled down, though still the occasional post promising that they're still working. Saw something about a promise to be open by the 2024 solar eclipse lol.

This article is the most recent status summary avaiable : https://www.niagarathisweek.com/new...ater-and-still-no-update-on-speedway-project/

Basically the town can't reach the owners, and there's a clause in the zoning change that they need to buy out some surrounding properties that would be effected by the project, which they haven't done. If they don't do it soon, the zoning of the site reverts back to agricultural

Interesting article thanks, sad that the article pretty confirms the track is done

Back
Top Bottom