NASCAR Podium?

H

hotracer1

Dave Despain wants to know...if you dont know Dave, you probably dont watch too much Speed TV. But Dave is a commentator over at Speed and this week he his question of the week is, "Should NASCAR have a podium to honor the top 3 finishers?" What do you all think, tell me here or get the chance to be on his show, http://speedtv.com/windtunnel.

hotracer, you should have posted this over in the NASCAR area, but as long as I'm here, I'll throw in my two cents worth. I like the idea, but NASCAR is so much different than most of the other series and it's not got a long history of doing this. I do believe that in the past, they did do something of this sort, but in those days, the participants were quite different than they are these days and of course, television was not even an option. Even in most local NASCAR racing, I don't believe they do a podium type thing, though at some tracks that I've been to, they do park the top three to five finishers and the track announcer has a little chat with them. NASCAR's custom is for the winner to circle the track with the checkered flag.

I watched that episode of Wind Tunnel and quite of people in NASCAR were asked the question and none of them said they would go for it. Me Neither!!!!!! Give me the winner!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom