Nascar Screwed Kevin Out Of Another Win.

um like I said already he was pulling away from Johnson when the bs yellow came out so yeah he was fastest enough to keep the lead

JoLo fans would be saying the same had a caution come up before JJ passed him at the end

When I look at that chart you posted, the thing that stands out to me is the dramatic increase seems to coincide with NASCAR's safety concerns. The death of two rising stars in the sport closely followed by the death of the biggest name in the sport and most popular driver immediately proceeded NASCAR's safety push. I know that every single time a debris caution is thrown, regardless of if the debris are shown, it's suspect. Just pointing out what I see when I look at that chart. Read into it whatever you want.
I was simply posting it for discussion sake. It could very well have to do with safety.

Id like to go on record saying I honestly believe NASCAR has never thrown a phantom debris caution.

Some may be questionable but I really think the only caution that really had no reason was that time a couple years back when the flag man accidentally leaned on it(or something like that).

When I look at that chart you posted, the thing that stands out to me is the dramatic increase seems to coincide with NASCAR's safety concerns. The death of two rising stars in the sport closely followed by the death of the biggest name in the sport and most popular driver immediately proceeded NASCAR's safety push. I know that every single time a debris caution is thrown, regardless of if the debris are shown, it's suspect. Just pointing out what I see when I look at that chart. Read into it whatever you want.

At no point did anybody from Nascar announce they would be throwing more cautions for debris to enhance safety. As a matter of fact, Nascar lashed out at anybody and everybody that asked them to line up the actual debris from each caution after races.

Are double file restarts more safe? Are three attempts at a green white checkered finish more safe? How about the playoff format and having three stages per race, where's the concern for safety? All of these changes are post 2001 as well. You're giving Brian France way too much credit here, he's a clown.

Durin’ one of the practice sessions, I believe for the junior sedans, someone lost a hunk of ballast.

They crew put the cameras on it ‘n a talkin’ heads went into detail about the density of tungsten vs. lead ‘n so on.

They’d be doin’ that crap if somethin’ was on the track to look at durin’ the cup stuff too.

Beware tattered banners.................................

Id like to go on record saying I honestly believe NASCAR has never thrown a phantom debris caution.

Some may be questionable but I really think the only caution that really had no reason was that time a couple years back when the flag man accidentally leaned on it(or something like that).
image2.jpg

Per race. Thanks. Inaccurate or poorly labeled graphics are hot spots for me. Don't get me started on the Weather Channel.
Wait, The Weather Channel is still a thing ?, who knew, last time I seen a program listing for that network, it was all reality shows.

Harvick wasn't screwed by NASCAR. He did it to himself on that final restart and had nothing left when it mattered.

Kyle Larson on the other hand charged up to Jimmie once he got around Logano, but ran out of laps...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurt Busch leading in the closing laps at Fontana (2015) got the "Debris" Caution -- the phantom debris with no shot of NASCAR Officials/Crew picking anything up. Of course, they were still dealing with Kurt and his off track problems, so probably couldn't let him in Victory Lane if they could avoid it.

I don't trust NASCAR, but I love to watch their racing...

even if they think the debris is real cars closer together is more dangerous for the drivers then a piece of spring rubber. The spring rubber would be slowed down by the wind and likely not injure a fan anyway

Wait, The Weather Channel is still a thing ?, who knew, last time I seen a program listing for that network, it was all reality shows.
If they drop the reality crap for live weather coverage, that's when you know to pay attention.

After a Pocono they open the track to help people leave easier so you can drive your car on the track (awesome) I picked up a sheet metal screw in my tire from the track, they should of called a caution for that before the race ended lol, no pit guys helped change tires also. :blink:

Kurt Busch leading in the closing laps at Fontana (2015) got the "Debris" Caution -- the phantom debris with no shot of NASCAR Officials/Crew picking anything up. Of course, they were still dealing with Kurt and his off track problems, so probably couldn't let him in Victory Lane if they could avoid it.

I don't trust NASCAR, but I love to watch their racing...
Prove it.

Do you people just not even take into consideration that a "phantom caution", real or fantasy would NOT in fact take a win from anyone? If a team cant keep their driver out front due to others strategy or a bad pit stop and/or said driver does not hold the lead on a late restart for whatever reason... Thats their own problem at no ones fault but their own.

No, this caution was deliberately targeted at the #4 team. NASCAR officials spent most of the preceding week developing a set of scenarios based on laps remaining, the #4's track position, number of tires the team had left, history of previous caution patterns, cars on the same lap, Delana's hem line, etc, to determine what time a yellow flag would most effectively damage Harvick's chancees.

:sarcasm:

No, this caution was deliberately targeted at the #4 team. NASCAR officials spent most of the preceding week developing a set of scenarios based on laps remaining, the #4's track position, number of tires the team had left, history of previous caution patterns, cars on the same lap, Delana's hem line, etc, to determine the most effective time to stop the race.

The most unfortunate thing about your post is that there truly is a need to post the sarcasm gif as there are many that fall into the implied belief of what you posted.

No, this caution was deliberately targeted at the #4 team. NASCAR officials spent most of the preceding week developing a set of scenarios based on laps remaining, the #4's track position, number of tires the team had left, history of previous caution patterns, cars on the same lap, Delana's hem line, etc, to determine what time a yellow flag would most effectively damage Harvick's chancees.

Lmao

Ive also heard conspiracies saying he did not really speed at Atlanta.. Something about a last minute change to the timing lines.. But I may have heard wrong.. Its hard to hear sometimes over the black helicopters that seem to follow NASCAR week to week.

Lmao

Ive also heard conspiracies saying he did not really speed at Atlanta.. Something about a last minute change to the timing lines.. But I may have heard wrong.. Its hard to hear sometimes over the black helicopters that seem to follow NASCAR week to week.

He did'n speed at Atlanta.

Back
Top Bottom