Nascar Should Use This Package for the 600!!

FearThe4

Team Owner
it was a success tonight as I said in the racethread this was the best racing i've seen in Nascar in years and Nascar should go ahead and use it for the 600 and if the 600 is a success with it run it on all the mile 1/2 and 2 miles tracks and this could be what saves Nascar and bring the fans back cause last night was awesome imo.

I guess some fans are will to except mediocre racing.

Nascar has an agreement with RTA not to implete major changes during the season. This would be major so I've heard.

it was a success tonight as I said in the racethread this was the best racing i've seen in Nascar in years and Nascar should go ahead and use it for the 600 and if the 600 is a success with it run it on all the mile 1/2 and 2 miles tracks and this could be what saves Nascar and bring the fans back cause last night was awesome imo.
Slow down, take a deep breath, maybe hold this paper bag over your mouth for a few minutes. :rolleyes:

Reactions: sdj
I mean as good as it was last night, it needs to be a bit of tweaking done to it to make it good enough to be used like that for point races.

Well, I am kind of with you on this...but last night I learned that this type of racing is not "organic". It is very important these days, especially to the younger generations, that everything be organic. So maybe if NASCAR can do this in moderation it will be OK, cause you know most everything good needs to be in moderation.

I wouldn't mind seeing it ran for one date at every 1.5/2 mile track that gets two race dates. But not at every track all the time

And a fan. The enjoyment comes from the skill involved.

Yeah, was nowhere near the excitement that Daytona or Talladega bring because the speed just wasn't there. Was also too obvious how much slower they were going than usual.

I dunno, I guess I'm not happy with adapting the cars to the tracks instead of the other way around. Too many different sets of rules.

:headbang:
Marcus Smith on using new aero package in Coke 600: "Why not?"

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-c...new-aero-package-in-coke-600-why-not-1039828/

It wasn't bad, but I thought the truck race Friday night was better :idunno:
I thought the same, get the damn cars off the ground with an engine that produces less hp, and the aero package we had last night. Looked pretty much like Xfinity cars racing last night.

Just cut to the chase and have them all drive IROC cars, award points every 25 laps and double the commercial breaks.

yeah considering what they had to work with, they came pretty close from paper to the track first shot out of the box. They didn't design it for Charlotte, but for Indy, Michigan and Pocono is what they said.

Funny you should say that. I've been wondering for a few weeks if NASCAR should make trucks the vehicle style run in the top series.instead of 4-door sedans.

The manufacturers sell way more trucks than sedans. Ford is dropping all cars except the Mustang. If that's what people are buying, maybe switching to trucks would boost popularity.

Aero becomes much less of a problem with that platform, and trucks sure don't seem to get off the ground as often.

If lower horsepower is desirable, switching to trucks would be a great time to introduced smaller engines without having to rely on plates. I'm not a gearhead or truck buyer, but are the production version of the cars fielded in NASCAR available with V8s? I'm guessing only the production trucks have V8 engines .

Just random thoughts while eating crackers and hummus and waiting on the K&N broadcast.

The manufacturers sell way more trucks than sedans. Ford is dropping all cars except the Mustang. If that's what people are buying, maybe switching to trucks would boost popularity.

They sell a lot of crossover SUV's too. Look for the Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape, and Toyota RAV4 coming to a Cup race near you.

They sell a lot of crossover SUV's too. Look for the Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape, and Toyota RAV4 coming to a Xfinity race near you.
:fixed:
More to the point, I get the impression truck buyers value the macho factor more than SUV drivers. That's the kind of buyer manufacturers are trying to reach when they participate in racing, although we all acknowledge there's little over lap between what's on the track and what's in the showroom.

Funny you should say that. I've been wondering for a few weeks if NASCAR should make trucks the vehicle style run in the top series.instead of 4-door sedans.

Aero becomes much less of a problem with that platform, and trucks sure don't seem to get off the ground as often.

If lower horsepower is desirable, switching to trucks would be a great time to introduced smaller engines without having to rely on plates. I'm not a gearhead or truck buyer, but are the production version of the cars fielded in NASCAR available with V8s? I'm guessing only the production trucks have V8 engines .

Just random thoughts while eating crackers and hummus and waiting on the K&N broadcast.

Soccer Mom 500..it has a nice ring to it.

Soccer Mom 500..it has a nice ring to it.
No worse than the Sponge Bob Squarepants 400 :p
Geez, the TV networks don't even mention the sponsored race name half the time nowadays anyway.
How about we all go to our local tracks where real racing takes place?
They were running at Stafford Motor Speedway Friday night. How was the racing?

Am I the only one that didnt think it was a great race? Mediocre racing and cant pass the leader. They are trying to put a bandaid on Charlotte and amputation is what is needed. Get rid of Charlotte and add a short track.

Am I the only one that didnt think it was a great race? Mediocre racing and cant pass the leader. They are trying to put a bandaid on Charlotte and amputation is what is needed. Get rid of Charlotte and add a short track.
38 lead changes.

You have to remember that was all the best drivers out there! If the 20 back markers were out there it would have been nothing but cautions! And after awhile the small teams would not be able to keep building new cars! Also the larger teams will inevitably start ganging up to make passes and block, and that spells the final nail in the coffin for NASCAR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38 lead changes.
Twitter said 12 lead changes during the allstar race. I have to assume the rest were during the open and I missed that race.The allstar race wasnt a great race.(I will admit it was better than usual)

Twitter said 12 lead changes during the allstar race. I have to assume the rest were during the open and I missed that race.The allstar race wasnt a great race.(I will admit it was better than usual)
Lead changes and green flag passes for the lead

Great, watched the highlights this morning.
So you didn't actually go to your local short track where real racing takes place? I ask because you're the one advocating it as an alternative for those dissatisfied with Cup races (as you seem to be).

This post posted on both threads because I see the people and the unlearnt. I am moved with compassion, cause the people need to know....

I am not absolutely opposed to parts of this rules package, and I think it has a lot of good potential.
I like making the cars more capable of passing, and minimizing the effects of dirty air.
But I don't see the need for the plates or reducing horsepower. I am not hung up running on 200 or even 180 mph. But I do think a package that allows them to run through an apex without lifting is flawed beyond repair.

Having too much HP, and having to lift through the corners, and the tire wear combined is a great chemistry. It should not be forsaken while pursing a better aero package.
I don't see a cost savings with plates either. A mandated radical change in spite of the speed reductions will escalate the cost. The ill advised HP reduction that was mandated in 2016, or 2015 was an added cost, and this one will be as well.

This post presented by the generosity of the "Cooter Johnsons Juniors The IIIs and Dingleberries Racing Motorsports Engineering Enterprises Associates non-incorporated Foundation"

Do I want to see the very same packaged used?, no, it needs some tweaks before it get to the big time.

Back
Top Bottom