NASCAR - Television Ratings Thread

Investors can and will sue. I believe 90% of their revenue comes from cable fees and that has been rumored that Fox was trying to jack up the price a lot so that is in the wind not to mention many advertisers are leaving. I wonder if Fox will be in the running for any Nascar. This is all new, but Murdock admitting in court he knew the big lie was a lie and there wasn't any voting machine problems, Dominion is going to win, it's just a matter of how much.
And there’s the Smartmatic lawsuit that’s coming after that.

Agreed. I was just pointing out comparing damages sought to cash on hand isn't an indicator of much.

There's the question of whether NASCAR wants locked in with someone who may have to cut production corners, or even drop out mid-contract. There's also whether it wants to be associated with what may become a tainted brand.
Any sports league would be stupid to sign on with Fox Sports as long as Fox News is around.

Imagine having ads shown during your event for a show that’s telling millions of people to boycott your event because one of your players spoke out against racial injustice.

Those are horrible optics.

As unpopular as MSNBC is with the crowd that follows auto racing, they don’t go on air and tell people to boycott NASCAR or hockey.

Any sports league would be stupid to sign on with Fox Sports as long as Fox News is around.

Imagine having ads shown during your event for a show that’s telling millions of people to boycott your event because one of your players spoke out against racial injustice.

Those are horrible optics.

As unpopular as MSNBC is with the crowd that follows auto racing, they don’t go on air and tell people to boycott NASCAR or hockey.
That's the most ridiculous comment I ever read on here. Has that ever happened ? NO

Something doesn't seem right about this week's numbers. NASCAR is down 600k from last year, but the PGA Tour's Players Championship is up 1.2 million?

Something doesn't seem right about this week's numbers. NASCAR is down 600k from last year, but the PGA Tour's Players Championship is up 1.2 million?
This is something I think NASCAR is going to have to contend with. Golf is absolutely on the upswing right now in a big way. The drama of LIV vs PGA Tour and some absolute star power has the sport as popular as it was during Tiger’s heyday.

I still think eventually we’re going to have to go the baseball route and shorten races. F1 is absolutely killing it and their two hour race time with no commercials is so huge to the younger generations.

This is something I think NASCAR is going to have to contend with. Golf is absolutely on the upswing right now in a big way. The drama of LIV vs PGA Tour and some absolute star power has the sport as popular as it was during Tiger’s heyday.

I still think eventually we’re going to have to go the baseball route and shorten races. F1 is absolutely killing it and their two hour race time with no commercials is so huge to the younger generations.
F-1 isn't killing it. Their numbers are down in the U.S. also, so are Indycars.

PGA has been up four of the last five tournaments. They were all “elevated” events with increased prize money and certain players required to compete, as part of the changes made in reaction to the LIV tour.

Im sure I'll hear it but. I think Nascar is going away from what made them. Nascar started as southern man's sport. People that loved fast cars and didn't mind getting there hands dirty.
When I was a kid the lure to Nascar was fast cars , HP, noise and drivers that where real tough guys. They raced Chevy, fords , Pontiac ,Buick and Olds. Cars that everyone owned and you could recognize them.
What type of cars do most people drive nowadays ? The market Nascar is going after is not the typical Chevy, Ford driver or gear head. ( Is there such thing as a gear head anymore?) There new market is more like Toyota, Honda crowd.
Back In the day you'd learn from Nascar. Thing like carburetors,cams,cylinder heads, gear ratios all this you could do to your own hot rod.
Also the Playoffs have taken away the thrill of individual races. I used to remember who won ever race, Winning a Championship was never thought about much till the end of year if it was close.
OT was something that I never thought was needed. We knew the race was over at 500 mile or whatever.
When a caution flew with 4 to go, oh well that was it.
I live right in the heart of Nascar country and it's changed a lot around here in the last 10 years.
You don't see the stickers on cars the hats or t shirts the flags. I'm just looking at it from here in my part of this country. I'll always be a fan but I'm guilty of missing a race or two a year over the last couple.

This season has been very mundane so far, combined with television coverage that’s being universally panned, the sport’s runaway most popular driver on the sidelines, and the current storyline being William Byron.

This season is, so far, nowhere near as captivating as last season was.

TV coverage definitely needs to get to a point where fans don’t miss anything. Or at least do something to make these broadcasts flow better.

F-1 isn't killing it. Their numbers are down in the U.S. also, so are Indycars.
One race in. IndyCar is on a downward trajectory, but a small ratings dip for F1 could be an outlier.

Pickle Ball is coming to a TV near you.

Fastest growing sport in North America.

This was a nice place till certain people started taking political jabs. Relating Fox News to Fox Sports. Funny thing is you’re all worried about viewers and Fox new has more viewers than all other cable news networks combined. Believe what you want , but have respect for your fellow race fans. Don’t let politics ruin NASCAR

As for TV ratings it’s not golf, it’s not the Oscar’s it’s , twitter, TicTok , FB and instagram. People don’t need TV for entertainment anymore.

This was a nice place till certain people started taking political jabs. Relating Fox News to Fox Sports. Funny thing is you’re all worried about viewers and Fox new has more viewers than all other cable news networks combined. Believe what you want , but have respect for your fellow race fans. Don’t let politics ruin NASCAR
Sez the guy who's been here for six months. There's nothing new here about these types of comments.

Oh, and McDonald's sells more hamburgers. That doesn't mean they're good.

Chase Elliott effect? I can't imagine why ratings have been down so much otherwise.

It’s the same cast of 36 drivers every week without much movement or storylines so far in 2023.

The series desperately needs a jolt of energy whether it be Dodge/RAM or Honda (think Honda vs Toyota) or new storylines.

Back
Top Bottom