NASCAR TRIVIA PART 2

JJ_14

Go Briscoe!
The original trivia thread had over 4k posts & 365k views, but it has long been forgotten so I'm starting a new one.

Rules: Questions can only be on Nascar Cup racing. The person that lists the question must confirm the answer of the person quessing correctly before that person lists his question.

Added clarifications:
A person has the privilege of asking a Trivia Question only after they correctly guess the answer of the previous question AND after the answer has been confirmed by the person that asked the question.
People have 3 days to post a question after they correctly guess the previous question and after their answer has been confirmed by the person that asked it. There is also a 3 day time limit to confirm answers to a question.
All questions are to be associated with Nascar Cup racing. The object of the Trivia is to have fun and learn some interesting facts......and not to post questions that are next to impossible to answer. Common sense and politeness is also nice to use while playing the Trivia.

Everyone is free to join!

Question: Aside from the first ever NASCAR Cup season, which rookie finished higher in the point standings in the history? Where did he finish & what year?

1. ALL QUESTIONS must be on Nascar Cup racing.

2. Only the person that correctly answers the previous question may post the next question, and only after the answer has been confirmed by the person that asked the question.

3. Only single questions are permitted. In some cases a question may have two parts if they are related, but this is the exception and not the rule.

4. There is a three day time limit to confirm answers or to post the next question if your turn. Patience!!!

Mark Martin won the fastest race ever at Talladega in 1997. His average speed for that race was 188 MPH.

Mark had terrible luck at superspeedways / plate races, but he surprisingly holds this distinction.

Question: What former Cup driver appeared on the show Shark Tank? What was this drivers main accomplishment in Cup?

How many non-humans have been part of a Cup series race win?

How many non-humans have been part of a Cup series race win?
I'll go with 1, Jocko Flocko. The story of Jocko Flocko is well documented. However, I'm not sure he actually won a race.

For those that don't know, Jocko Flocko was a monkey owned by Tim Flock.

I'll go with 1, Jocko Flocko. The story of Jocko Flocko is well documented. However, I'm not sure he actually won a race.

For those that don't know, Jocko Flocko was a monkey owned by Tim Flock.
Correct and he was in the car when Tim Flock won at Hickory in May 1953 2 weeks before his "retirement" after he attacked Flock while driving.

I'll make this 3 questions instead of 2 to spice things up a bit.

What year & what track was Tony Stewart's 48th & next to last career win? Who did he pass in the closing laps to get the victory?

There have been 2 race-losing, final lap flat tires at Pocono. One was Kyle Larson in 2021. What year and driver was the other, and who ended up stealing the win?

There have been 2 race-losing, final lap flat tires at Pocono. One was Kyle Larson in 2021. What year and driver was the other, and who ended up stealing the win?
I'm not sure about this one, but my memory tells me Davey Allison was involved. Maybe it's just a gut feeling. I'll throw a hail mary.

Davey Allison in 1991. Alan Kulwicki won the race.

I've been doing some research & can't find anything. The only thing I found is that Kulwicki did win at this track in 1992, which is shockingly close to my guess.

The web is littered with articles from the 2021 event, so finding something about the other last lap flat tire is pretty difficult. Whoever answers the question truky knows NASCAR.

I've been doing some research & can't find anything. The only thing I found is that Kulwicki did win at this track in 1992, which is shockingly close to my guess.

The web is littered with articles from the 2021 event, so finding something about the other last lap flat tire is pretty difficult. Whoever answers the question truky knows NASCAR.
No offense to anyone, but IMHO, trivia implies knowledge of subject, not the ability to research...which makes it a difficult discussion online/for forums...much better for at the track/campsite conversations.

No offense to anyone, but IMHO, trivia implies knowledge of subject, not the ability to research...which makes it a difficult discussion online/for forums...much better for at the track/campsite conversations.
I took my time to research after making a guess. I didn't see anybody answering the question so I was worried the thread would die. I'll definitely not look up the questions from now on.

I took my time to research after making a guess. I didn't see anybody answering the question so I was worried the thread would die. I'll definitely not look up the questions from now on.
I'm not calling you out, it's your post, your rules.
The original post died long ago, maybe that's why.

I'm not sure about this one, but my memory tells me Davey Allison was involved. Maybe it's just a gut feeling. I'll throw a hail mary.

Davey Allison in 1991. Alan Kulwicki won the race.
Nope, you’re going to want to go more recent than 91

Maybe a 3 day time limit on correct answers as well? Could just move on if no one gets it

Hint: It was the same year as another iconic Pocono finish that overshadows it.

That hint was the giveaway.

2000, Jeremy Mayfield. Rusty Wallace picked up the win.

That hint was the giveaway.

2000, Jeremy Mayfield. Rusty Wallace picked up the win.
Dang, good game! It was Mayfield on the other end of the spectrum in that other iconic finish. I guess he knew how to get around that track. I'm surprised this last lap flat tire finish doesn't get talked about much, I completely forgot about it.

I couldn't think of many iconic Pocono finishes when trying to come up with the answer. There probably haven't been many, but two on the same year? Wild.

Back
Top Bottom