Nationwide Race at Dover

We just had our front runner for bonehead of the week and that goes to Alex Kennedy and his spotter for pulling up across the track and ruining Kevin Swindells day.

I have no idea what he was thinking. :idunno: I knew when I got back in there I saw this car was messed up good I go back and it didn't seem that bad I'm like well what the heck happen. Then I saw and was like oh my :blink:

Oh dang I'd hate to see a race end like this so I hope they get it back going. But hey if so at least a Nationwide guy wins :beerbang: Lets see how it goes.

What channel is carrying the race? I am sitting in a hotel room and out of my elements.

Thanks. I had been driving and listening to Sirius and had no idea they would get the race in.
They are on rain delay again, but nascar just said they think they will get the race in.:beerbang:

Wow, Carl didn't even touch Joey....they both got loose, Carl recovered, Joey didn't.

Shame that Carl didn't get to do his backflip and run into the crowd to celebrate with the fans cause he thought he caused that wreck.

btw Kyle did finish in front of all the KHI cars.

Carl Edwards is a class act. That could have been pretty bad in a lot of ways. I like Carl Edwards more every time I watch him race. Everyone that was in that wreck handled it with a lot of class.

Holy crap that scared the crap out of me. This is of them tracks that seem to have some crazy wrecks sometimes.

Looks like NASCAR just got it's newest promotion material.

Congrats to Carl and kudos for how he handled the whole thing thinking he had hit Lagano.

Scary stuff, indeed. Glad everyone's ok. Thanks for posting video^.

What's up with Marty Reid claiming to see a red flag and cars being stopped on the backstretch after the crash? Sounds like someone was wishing for another restart. The flagman was clearly waving the white and yellow flag at the same time as Edwards sped underneath.

Damn! I was at another track when I heard a bunch of people go "whoa" and run towards a trailer (where apparently someone was watching the race) but didn't have any idea it was that bad. Holy crap! Even after reading all posts here about it, and then watching it, it still scared me to death.

Thanks for posting it Blaze

Damn! I was at another track when I heard a bunch of people go "whoa" and run towards a trailer (where apparently someone was watching the race) but didn't have any idea it was that bad. Holy crap! Even after reading all posts here about it, and then watching it, it still scared me to death.

Even if I'm in a heated debate of such with you. Welcome haha

Now do you see why I love Langley Speedway?

Now do you see why I love Langley Speedway?

Quite honestly I don't. But that's for a different discussion. Yes, rain sucks and ruins everythign. And no matter what happens when weather's a factor, a promotor can't make the right call.

Quite honestly I don't. But that's for a different discussion. Yes, rain sucks and ruins everythign. And no matter what happens when weather's a factor, a promotor can't make the right call.

Push qualifying BACK two hours with weather approaching amounted to them knowing they wouldn't get the race in.

Should've cancelled at 10am.

Push qualifying BACK two hours with weather approaching amounted to them knowing they wouldn't get the race in.

Should've cancelled at 10am.

Still for a different discussion. But not being a promoter, neither you or I will know what kind of things to weigh on cancelling or not. I, for one, will not question a promoter's weather-related decisions. No matter what he does, someone's gonna be mad. Yeah, rain sucks and ruins everything, but I know I wouldn't want to have to be the one in the position of having to decide what to do, because it's never, ever just a simple decision.

[/soapbox]

Still for a different discussion. But not being a promoter, neither you or I will know what kind of things to weigh on cancelling or not. I, for one, will not question a promoter's weather-related decisions. No matter what he does, someone's gonna be mad. Yeah, rain sucks and ruins everything, but I know I wouldn't want to have to be the one in the position of having to decide what to do, because it's never, ever just a simple decision.

[/soapbox]

See my fb post, sums it all up about the weather.

That is crazy, just watched replay. That's up there with the Brad & carl at AMS....crashes that look fine...until somebody catches air and goes jelly side down.....

Back
Top Bottom