NBA 2022-23

racingfan7

Start and Park
Contributor
Utah has traded Donovan Mitchell & Rudy Gobert to Cleveland & Minnesota. Jalen Brunson signed with the Knicks. LeBron signed an extension with Los Angeles.

Golden State defeated Boston in the Finals last year.

One quarter into the season, and James Harden has 8 free throw attempts. The NBA is back, folks!!
I loathe James Harden and want him the F away from the sixers. Im not a huge basketball fan but I love Joel Embiid. The moment the traded for bum ass Harden my interest level went way down.

The NBA in general for some reason is lacking intensity to me.

When the going gets tough stop playing defense I guess.

I’ve been losing so much interest in the NBA these days it’s kinda sad. Hope Donovan Mitchell can win 6 rings lol.

I’ve been losing so much interest in the NBA these days it’s kinda sad. Hope Donovan Mitchell can win 6 rings lol.
Too many PR crises for the league recently…on the court, nice starts for the Jazz, Cavs, Blazers so far.

Too many PR crises for the league recently…on the court, nice starts for the Jazz, Cavs, Blazers so far.

I hope the Jazz win the title and surprise everyone.

I’ve grew up in the Jerry Sloan era and know how hard that team and organization has worked their whole life to put a good product for all.

Lol.
7 BLKs for Embiid too.
1668395090349.png

I hope the MLB doesn’t expand, but I really hope the NBA does to 32 soon with Seattle and Las Vegas or Vancouver, BC soon.

I hope the MLB doesn’t expand, but I really hope the NBA does to 32 soon with Seattle and Las Vegas or Vancouver, BC soon.

I know Adam Silver is really worried about diluting the product. The NHL and NFL have good hard salary caps that allow a 32 team league to be successful, I think the NBA and MLB don’t have enough parity to go any further

I know Adam Silver is really worried about diluting the product. The NHL and NFL have good hard salary caps that allow a 32 team league to be successful, I think the NBA and MLB don’t have enough parity to go any further

Well then maybe they should cut the rosters down a spot and invest in the G League more for stuff like that. 1 spot for 30 teams is about the size of 2 additional rosters.

I agree to disagree listening to Adam Silver, the product has turned into a team game. A couple expansion teams would be a hit.

The NHL has been great at 32. The MLB wouldn’t be so great at 32.

Should be some good games coming up this regular season. The Spurs are playing the Dubs at the Alamodome.

I have to say, the Denver Nuggets / Avalanche are quite honestly the biggest jokes in sports right now.

I’ve never seen a fanbase so unfriendly like the Nuggets at getting a dude hooked up with a ticket.

I think maybe 20 people noticed the Avs won the title.

NBA opening an investigation into the Mavs for blatant tanking of game 81 against the Bulls last night in an attempt to keep their 1st round pick rather than advance to Adam Silver’s beloved play-in tournament. It’s not a good look for the league and the franchise but it’s also not a surprising decision, does anyone expect the 10th best team from either conference to go anywhere in the playoffs?

No but tanking isn’t beneficial for the league. Idk maybe expand to 31 or 32 teams. I think the talent isn’t too bad.

No but tanking isn’t beneficial for the league. Idk maybe expand to 31 or 32 teams. I think the talent isn’t too bad.
Tanking has become far too prevalent in all of sports and IMO doesn’t even work.

Not directed at you Auz, just a general question…who was the last team that successfully tanked and won a championship? Avs tanked like 10 years ago and won last year with the best player not coming from the tank. Penguins tanked and we’re gifted a generational player so they didn’t move the franchise for their wins (yes I’m salty as a flyers fan 😂). Colts in the NFL 20+ years ago? No tanking team in the NBA has won in the last 15 years.

Tanking creates a negative culture way too deep to dig out of. I’ve witnessed it first hand with the Sixers and they have yet to make it outta the second round.

Just my thoughts on tanking, sorry for the rant haha.

It’s definitely not good for the sport, I’m just not too surprised by it. Kinda thought it was only a matter of time before it happened with this format. The NBA is just generally in a weird spot with how much the regular season matters and whatnot.

Tanking has become far too prevalent in all of sports and IMO doesn’t even work.

Not directed at you Auz, just a general question…who was the last team that successfully tanked and won a championship? Avs tanked like 10 years ago and won last year with the best player not coming from the tank. Penguins tanked and we’re gifted a generational player so they didn’t move the franchise for their wins (yes I’m salty as a flyers fan 😂). Colts in the NFL 20+ years ago? No tanking team in the NBA has won in the last 15 years.

Tanking creates a negative culture way too deep to dig out of. I’ve witnessed it first hand with the Sixers and they have yet to make it outta the second round.

Just my thoughts on tanking, sorry for the rant haha.
The Astros tanked pretty hard about a decade ago and it wound up paying off for them, they both got really good draft picks and were profitable enough to be able to pay for players later on after they had gotten good. It’s definitely more of a rarity that it pans out though.

Injures aside, this has been a great first round. This is the first season in a long while the league feels truly wide open.

Either outcome tonight would’ve been objectively hilarious, but the Celtics coming back from down 0-3 just to get blasted at home in Game 7 takes the cake.

With the Denver Nuggets winning the 2023 NBA title, it’s now the first time since 1977-1981 that there have been 5 different champions in a 5 year span….2019 Raptors, 2020 Lakers, 2021 Bucks, 2022 Warriors, and 2023 Nuggets. The ‘77-‘81 run was the 1977 Trail Blazers, 1978 Bullets, 1979 Sonics, 1980 Lakers, and 1981 Celtics.

8 people shot, 1 police officer severally injured and the star players wife hit in the face with a beer can.

@kkfan91 could you only imagine...

Back
Top Bottom