NBA Refs expecting Oct. 1 lockout

Benevolent One

Team Owner
Finally, there may be some good news for officiating in the NBA. The regular referees, who are clearly the worst group of officials in pro sports, are taking a hard line stance in negotiations with the league. It is pretty funny when you realize that they have basically no leverage whatsoever, but are attempting to negotiate like they do.

Basketball is my favorite sport. I know most of you don't share that, but that's ok. I just love it, always have. Anyway, the biggest problem I have with the NBA game is that the officiating has gotten worse and worse over the years. It seems like they don't even try to get the call right much of the time. Basketball is a beautiful game, if it is allowed to be. These guys disrupt the flow with foul calls even when there is clearly no contact, mostly based on star status. In my opinion, they basically decided the championship a few years ago. Dallas was beating the Miami Heat handily when the referees inexplicably decided that any time any Maverick player got within 2 feet of Dwyane Wade that it was a foul.

I just hope that whatever happens in this process, that they get better refs or at least better work done by the ones they have. They could hire college refs and they couldn't be any worse than what they have now. I have a feeling that, in the end, nothing will change but their salaries. But, a guy can hope right?

That's but 1 reason I don't watch the NBA. I'm a college BB fan but it's getting almost as bad. Which reminds me I need to pay for my season tickets Monday.

I just hope that whatever happens in this process, that they get better refs or at least better work done by the ones they have. They could hire college refs and they couldn't be any worse than what they have now. I have a feeling that, in the end, nothing will change but their salaries. But, a guy can hope right?
nba officials are the worst of any professional sport. letting them walk could only help the game after the initial ordeal of hiring new officials.

Back
Top Bottom