NBC Busch Series Coverage

E

Excellerator

Fox gets one thing, at least they have a Busch Series Pre-Race Show. More than NBC does. To NBC Nascar is just a way to get viewers. They don't really care about the sport like Fox did.

"All we give you folks is "Green Flag and we're off" BP. I'll take the Boogedy, Boogedy, Boogedy!!!

I really don't care about prerace stuff. It's all fluff and means nothing.

Show me the race and that's it.

Originally posted by Excellerator
Fox gets one thing, at least they have a Busch Series Pre-Race Show. More than NBC does. To NBC Nascar is just a way to get viewers. They don't really care about the sport like Fox did.

"All we give you folks is "Green Flag and we're off" BP. I'll take the Boogedy, Boogedy, Boogedy!!!

Couldn't agree more Excell:snore:, and Parsons:cookoo: just keeps repeating what was said by the previous commentator.

Good to have you back and how do you like my avatar??

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Kat:waver:

Yeah, I haven't been on much lately but will be more now. BTW, love your avatar :D

Cut into a commerical for a caution. One point for NBC! :)

I actually didn't mind NBC's coverage this time. It wasn't thrilling, but they didn't make any major, glaring errors that I was able to notice. And Benny didn't annoy me as much as he did last year. Give it time, I guess. :p

I tuned in shortly before 3:30 p.m., the scheduled broadcast time, and they were already in midstream, for some reason. Maybe there was a pre-race show? If so, when did it begin? I don't want the same thing to happen tomorrow. The Cup race is supposed to start at 2 p.m. Does that mean it'll really start at 1:30 p.m.?

Originally posted by abooja
I tuned in shortly before 3:30 p.m., the scheduled broadcast time, and they were already in midstream, for some reason. Maybe there was a pre-race show? If so, when did it begin? I don't want the same thing to happen tomorrow. The Cup race is supposed to start at 2 p.m. Does that mean it'll really start at 1:30 p.m.?

Hmm, started ok at 3:30 here.

Hi NY, Personally, I would recommend checking your TV Guide channel on the net insted of on the tube. If you haven't signed up (it's free) just go to www.tvguide.com.

They had a pre-race show........started at 12:25 (PDT). That's all it takes really. No fluff, but I'm not into fluff......show me the race!!:D And to start the race, all that needs to be said is "Green flag".........and that's what was said!! Keep the boogity, boogity, boogity crap quiet.......all that was just DW running his mouth. Cute the first time, even the second time but, God, I got tired of that after that. Keep all that cutesy stuff.....just show the race and commentate as race allows. I think NBC did okay........not as good as ESPN but one heck of a lot better than FOX!!

Hey, Kat! I don't usually bother to check because the listed times used to be right. Nascar.com said 3:30. But I just checked excite.com for my cable system and time zone, and it said the Busch coverage began today at 2:30 p.m. EST!! Was there a whole hour of prerace coverage, and I missed it? :mad:

Not that I need an hour of Busch prerace. I waste enough time on weekends watching all the Cup stuff!

Oh, I just checked, and Excite says the race coverage begins at 1.30 p.m. EST. Better tune in early, guys...

Abooja...in todays Busch race NBC said 2, I hope their right.
about NBC---I would go with FOX anyday over them. I cant believe i complained about Fox not having enough camera's...LOOK AT NBC. Today in the race they had terrible coverage missing nearly every wreck live, and having a poor replay on most. I cannot stand Bestwick, or Wally, BP can stay, Weber can come to the Booth, and Ned can come from Espn. As for Bestwick and Wally, send em off, away from racing.

To NBC Nascar is just a way to get viewers. They don't really care about the sport like Fox did.

"
yeah, Fox only wants to improve the quality of the sport, they arent in it just for the money:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , should i remind you of how they tried to black out all the sponsors who didnt buy ad time from them, Fox is the grediest of the greedy, the only reason they have a prerace show is because it gets them more money than anything else they can air

Well Put roush man, Other than racing fox has got nothing but junk. Today the aired a movie from 1984, and also had several infomercials on. On the weekdays all they have are reruns of sitcoms that have been shown so many times that the picture is fuzzy.lol

Hey just so the don't have a commercial after every lap like Fox did it will be okay.

And did you notice even the pre-race show on Fox was sponsored? (By Cingular, I think, most of the time) Gimme a break.

Yeah Fox was about the money. But Really despite the commercials I would still vote for Fox over NBC...they have grown on me.

Originally posted by Awesome_Bill
Yeah Fox was about the money.  But Really despite the commercials I would still vote for Fox over NBC...they have grown on me.

I agree. My only gripe with Fox was the commericals. I did like how NBC broke into a commerical for a caution today. Good move on their part.

Excel, thought I was the only one that noticed them breaking into the commercial for a caution. Thought that was pretty good.

Didn't notice until tonight for whatever reason that you were from Watertown, NY. I guess with age the memory is first thing to go. Maybe I noticed it and didn't remember. Anyway, was just in your area for about 2 weeks. Actually, Cape Vincent is where I was visitnig.

Now, about the coverage today. Didn't think it was that bad--I didn't like Benny repeating everything said by the others and I do like Bestwick. I think he's rather funny trying to keep things controlled. JMO Real test will be how we all feel after our guys race.

Originally posted by Awesome_Bill
Well Put roush man, Other than racing fox has got nothing but junk.  Today the aired a movie from 1984, and also had several infomercials on.  On the weekdays all they have are reruns of sitcoms that have been shown so many times that the picture is fuzzy.lol
wow!!, your Fox aflliliate airs movies before a race?!?!?!? the one down here airs an hour of info-mercials before and after the race - thank god for Speedvision post race

I hope NBC/TNT shows the special paint schemes this year. They never showed them much last year. At least Fox did a better job of that. Helps us diecast collectors. :)

Originally posted by 6_17_97_99
thank god for Speedvision post race

I am not sure if that will continue with the NBC/TNT coverage. I think I remember them saying that too was done for the season after the Pepsi 400. I liked that too, hearing the post race comments.

Back
Top Bottom