NBC took lessons?

D

DE Wrangler 2

Looks like NBC looked at some of ESPN's tapes of their coverage over the years. They are doing a full field run down of all the drivers!! Good for them!!:D

It's too bad the guys in the production truck don't have the right pictures to go with the right drivers...I've seen three mistakes so far in the run down.

That's not what I meant paul...when they showed the 25 car, they had Jerry Nadeau's picture. With the 26 of Todd Bodine, they showed Joe Nemechek's picture. On Steve's 1 car, they showed Kenny Wallace's face. Botched production, plain and simple.

i'll tell ya what, so far not paying full attention yet of course, this is a fairly goo broadcast and does remind me of espn somewhat.:D

Oh...

Well at least they're covering the race. I could care less about their pretty pictures. I know who's in the car.

Yeah, I have to admit that NBC did a pretty decent job today. All weekend, in fact. Loved the rundowns of the whole field, and the long runs between commercial breaks, especially at the very end. Fox went to commercial whether or not it made sense to do so. I actually felt like I was watching a race this time. And it was a good one. :)

Originally posted by abooja
Yeah, I have to admit that NBC did a pretty decent job today.  All weekend, in fact. Loved the rundowns of the whole field, and the long runs between commercial breaks, especially at the very end. Fox went to commercial whether or not it made sense to do so. I actually felt like I was watching a race this time. And it was a good one. :)

Almost, but not quite, on par with ESPN.....let's hope TNT follows through next weekend. Heck, let's hope NBC follows through the rest of the season!!:)

Oh, that's right --- next week is TNT. Geez, sure hope the weather is better here, or I won't get the race. At least I found a radio station here that carries the races! I can at least listen.

:rolleyes: Glurp!!! Along with all the booth boo-boo's and the unending commercials, I was able to water all my poseys outside, do 2 loads of laundry and put it all away, and not miss hardly a thing! :p
Did get me in a tizzy when one of them 3 goofballs mentioned Jeff Gordon and his "3" championships!!!!! :mad:
Where these suckers been??????? :eek: :p :rolleyes:

I turned the tv down and listened to the radio and watched nbc for the first half of the race, the second half I watched and listened to nbc. I still think radio covers audio alot better then the anouncers on nbc and fox. But nbc is alot better then fox and themselvs from last year.

I donno, smack500, I would rather see more racin than all them blasted commercials.

Maybe next week the racing will get more coverage then the commercials!

Well, you're gonna get commercials regardless. NBC and FOX paid too much money not to sell 'em. But I thought NBC did a better job at timing the commerical breaks. Never gonna be perfect, and I'm sure NBC will get on my nerves really soon, but it's kind of a nice change IMO.

I was very pleased with today's coverage by NBC. Since so many of the commercials occured during cautions, I was not offended by them in the least. It seemed that with FOX everytime they's come back from commercial there had been an incident that we didn't get to see. It was also a relief not to hear DW rattling on and on about everything but the race. I can't tell you how many times we would actually be watching a wreck in progress and he'd be off on one of his tangents.

No Son of the Beach promos or promos for FX/FOX adult programming.

Almost as good as ESPN.

:) :) :)

Why do people care if they make errors in stuff? It's the race I want to see and frankly, I saw more of it on NBC than on FOX.

Who cares if they mess up a drivers stats.

Originally posted by paul
Why do people care if they make errors in stuff?  It's the race I want to see and frankly, I saw more of it on NBC than on FOX.

Who cares if they mess up a drivers stats.

It can get really annoying when it's excessive. I heard that three championships thing too.

However, despite one or two flubs, I don't think NBC's errors were excessive. At least we got to see the race. :)

I don't mind errors by the guys in the booth........I don't like excessive cute talk from the guys in the booth. Call the race when there is racing on the track........do the cute stuff during cautions and prerace. I'm not watching to critique the racecast.....I'm watching to see the race. NBC did a much better job than FOX. The content of the commercials doesn't bother me either.....who cares if they are advertising "Son of the Beach" or "Cinderella"? It's a commercial........something that has to be endured to see the race. :)

You fans should have come to the chat room,We had all the bases covered,and little chit chat on the side,Cutiepies husband burnt his sausage,I hope he is allright,We even did a little friendly picking on each others drivers.A good time was had by all. :) Thanks for having us Paul,and all the monitors.I really enjoy this forum.:)

Originally posted by pbunch
You fans should have come to the chat room,We had all the bases covered,and little chit chat on the side,Cutiepies husband burnt his sausage,I hope he is allright,We even did a little friendly picking on each others drivers.A good time was had by all.     :) Thanks for having us Paul,and all the monitors.I really enjoy this forum.:)

I burnt my sausage? I don't remember that!!:D Maybe she was talking about last night!! Think I did burn the sausage (Bratwurst on the grill, guys!!:) ). Wasn't there because because I was too busy watching the race and then we had a distraction with about 30 laps to go.......I was rude and watched the race anyway!!:D

She said she had to go her husband was burning the sausage,It was pretty funny stuff,I told her my wife burnt her buns one time. :p

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2

I burnt my sausage?  I don't remember that!!:D   Maybe she was talking about last night!!  Think I did burn the sausage (Bratwurst on the grill, guys!!:) ).  Wasn't there because because I was too busy watching the race and then we had a distraction with about 30 laps to go.......I was rude and watched the race anyway!!:D

Okay..........now I remember!! We had sausauge and bacon for brunch........yeah, I did burn it!! Sort of.......not bad though!!!!:D

no it wasn't burnt honey...........it was just fine...........but I caught it just in time otherwise it would have burned up...........:rolleyes: :rainfro: :kaioken: :lovewow: :chef:

but other then an occasional burnt food on the grill......DE is a great cook...........and pbunch he LOVES OKRA........:D
he is a southern man, so he loves his slimey okra. hahahahaa

Originally posted by pbunch
Okra is good,I bet he likes fried green tomatoes too.:)

yep, he likes them too..we are growing our own tomatoes and we're gonna have fried green tomatoes too.........
he likes his grits too...........

DE said you can keep the poke salad though...............?

Nothing like a couple sunnyside eggs,and grits.Ummmmmmmmmmmm,Aunt Bee. :)

yep pbunch sounds like our kind of breakfast here...............

aunt BEe...be nice if everybody had an aunt Bee.........

:D

hey Pbunch..ever had fried mush.............boy I love that stuff so much...it is soooooooooo good...........

Yes I have,My Grandma ran a resturant in southeastern Ky,called the Southern Rose.She showed me a lot about Southern dishes.You guys be good,I am going to bed.Good Night,and have a great week. :)

Back
Top Bottom