NBCSN to begin coverage of 2017 American Flat Track season on July 3

I am glad I dvr'd the second round in Woodstock Ga. We were there and it was a great
show. We were behind the T1 camera so we did not get in any tv shots. The bikes were
crazy fast. Hope they come back next year. One of the biggest crowds I have
ever seen at that track.

We were there and it was a great show.
I love flat track racing, and the American Flat Track series is making a comeback. It is run by Michael Lock, who was very successful as CEO of Ducati North America and again as CEO of Triumph North America. I've spent some time with him, and I think he is very smart and very capable. In fact, I've wondered if he might some day wind up running Nascar... a move I would welcome. AFT is owned by the France family.

Did the format of the evening's program work for you?

there is a re run on tonight
Thursday, July 27 10:00pm-11:00pm (5/13) American Flat Track, Phoenix, NBCSN

I love flat track racing, and the American Flat Track series is making a comeback. It is run by Michael Lock, who was very successful as CEO of Ducati North America and again as CEO of Triumph North America. I've spent some time with him, and I think he is very smart and very capable. In fact, I've wondered if he might some day wind up running Nascar... a move I would welcome. AFT is owned by the France family.

Did the format of the evening's program work for you?
The whole night was fabulous. You could tell the sanction personnel
were on site every where making sure everything went smoothly from
ticketing to keeping the heats on time. As I may of mentioned, that's a track
I have been attending for 40 years and I have never seen a crowd that size there.
I would imagine the AFT wants to go back next year, I hope.

The whole night was fabulous.
Glad to hear that. AFT overhauled the format of the races this year, attempting to make it more enjoyable for fans. Some folks tend to automatically reject any changes that have that purpose, while others are more flexible. I tend to think the most important thing is to encourage hard, aggressive competition on the track... and various race formats can legitimately accomplish that goal.

Back
Top Bottom