NCAA Basketball 2023-2024

Terrible reffing of course in favor of the Fighting Falwells :mad:

Drove down to Hattiesburg to watch Southern Miss vs South Dakota State. Pretty apparent why USM hasn’t beat a D-1 team yet this year lol.

5F6D6233-C1C1-4648-8BC0-A0C3FF2F134E.jpeg

UVM with the 3 and 1 at the buzzer to beat Yale!

The Diamond Head Classic and Maui Invitational are Hawaii classics that should never change. Bring back the Great Alaska Shootout.

Maybe this is the year Nebraska finally wins an NCAA Tournament game. Only power conference school never to do so.

Maybe this is the year Nebraska finally wins an NCAA Tournament game. Only power conference school never to do so.

I enjoy conference & NCAA tournament season. Nebraska has another NIT they could join.

It’s a shame they changed the automatic qualifier rules in the NIT to keep it as a viable postseason tournament.

Sad how much the NIT has been ruined by the riddance of conference auto-bids and FOX/P5-6 money/TV grabs.

I’m interested in attending the WAC tournament in Las Vegas since if UVU loses in round 1 I can bandwagon the PAC & MWC, but tickets aren’t even on sale lol.

USF get our first AP Top 10 win since 2010, after being down by 20 no less. Hell yeah.

USF is hoping for an ACC invite, nice new on campus stadium for football and ok basketball program. Currently they are one of the best programs in the AAC besides Memphis, Tulane, UAB, etc.

USF is hoping for an ACC invite, nice new on campus stadium for football and ok basketball program. Currently they are one of the best programs in the AAC besides Memphis, Tulane, UAB, etc.
Big XII would be nice but I think most agree ACC is the dream, even if it takes some big subtractions (FSU, Clemson, etc.) to make it happen.

Big XII would be nice but I think most agree ACC is the dream, even if it takes some big subtractions (FSU, Clemson, etc.) to make it happen.

I’m surprised FSU and/or Clemson aren’t trying to go Independent w/other sports in the Big East or A-10.

I’m surprised FSU and/or Clemson aren’t trying to go Independent w/other sports in the Big East or A-10.
Not enough money in independence. Even Notre Dame takes a discount compared to what they would get in the Big Ten with their NBC football deal and ACC membership for everything else.

Not enough money in independence. Even Notre Dame takes a discount compared to what they would get in the Big Ten with their NBC football deal and ACC membership for everything else.

They can easily make more than $30 million a year in the ACC as an independent. Only reason they haven’t left is the ACC GOR stopping them until they find a loophole. I think they’d almost rather be in the B12 at this point.

I miss ESPN Buzzer Beater on a day like today

They should bring it back on ESPNews.

I also wish they’d bring back the 24-hour Tip Off, Great Alaska Shootout. I think preseason tournaments such as ESPN Events Orlando, Diamond Head & Maui Invitational, Myrtle Beach Invitational, Charleston Classic, Las Vegas etc are the best part about college basketball besides conference tournaments & NCAA68.

It’s a shame they ruined the NIT with P5/6 NET.

Is there anything better than conference tournament season? I mean, you got:

Conference | City (Arena) | Championship Game TV Network
- ACC - Washington, DC (Capital One Arena) - ESPN
- AAC - Fort Worth, TX (Dickies Arena) - ESPN
- America East - Campus Sites - ESPN2
- A-SUN - Campus Sites - ESPN2
- A-10 - Brooklyn, NY (Barclays Center) - CBS
- Big East - New York, NY (Madison Square Garden) - FOX
- Big Sky - Boise, ID (Idaho Central Arena) - ESPN2
- Big South - High Point, NC (Qubein Center) - ESPN2
- Big West - Henderson, NV (Dollar Loan Center) - ESPN2
- Big 10 - Minneapolis, MN (Target Center) - CBS
- Big 12 - Kansas City, MO (T-Mobile Center) - ESPN
- CAA - Washington, DC (Entertainment & Sports Arena) - CBSSN
- C-USA - Huntsville, AL (Von Braun Center) - CBSSN
- Horizon League - Indianapolis, IN (Indiana Farmers Coliseum) - ESPN
- Ivy League - New York, NY (Levien Gymnasium) - ESPN2
- MAC - Cleveland, OH (Rocket Mortgage Field House) - ESPN2
- MAAC - Atlantic City, NJ (Boardwalk Hall) - ESPNU
- MEAC - Norfolk, VA (Norfolk Scope) - ESPN2
- Missouri Valley - St. Louis, MO (Enterprise Center) - CBS
- MWC - Las Vegas, NV (Thomas & Mack Center) - CBS
- NEC - Campus Sites - ESPN2
- Ohio Valley - Evansville, IN (Ford Center) - ESPN2
- PAC-12 - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena) - FOX
- Patriot League - Campus Sites - CBSSN
- SEC - Nashville, TN (Bridgestone Arena) - ESPN
- SoCon - Asheville, NC (Harrah’s Cherokee Center) - ESPN
- Southland - Lake Charles, LA (Legacy Center) - ESPN2
- Summit League - Sioux Falls, SD (Denny Sanford Premier Center) - CBSSN
- Sun Belt - Pensacola, FL (Pensacola Bay Center) - ESPN2
- SWAC - Birmingham, AL (Bartow Arena) - ESPNU
- WAC - Las Vegas, NV (Michelob ULTRA Arena & Orleans Arena) - ESPN2
- WCC - Las Vegas, NV (Orleans Arena) - ESPN

They should bring it back on ESPNews.

I also wish they’d bring back the 24-hour Tip Off, Great Alaska Shootout. I think preseason tournaments such as ESPN Events Orlando, Diamond Head & Maui Invitational, Myrtle Beach Invitational, Charleston Classic, Las Vegas etc are the best part about college basketball besides conference tournaments & NCAA68.
The Tip-Off Marathon was a blast. When I was younger and had no responsibilities it was always fun to pull an all-nighter and watch the Hawaii game at 4 AM, some Northeast schools at 6/8 AM, etc. Seemed like good exposure on ESPN/2 for schools who otherwise wouldn’t get any. Wonder why it went away.

The Great Alaska was one of the more unique early tournaments too. I guess the school just decided to stop funding it since so many other MTEs popped up and it became that much harder to get big-name programs to come to Anchorage.

It’s okay to rotate a bit. It’s a crime Detroit isn’t in the rotation for the Big 10 tourney.

Would be nice if the Mountain West came back to Denver for 2-3 years again. I like seeing most of them rotate besides the Big East @ MSG.
The Tip-Off Marathon was a blast. When I was younger and had no responsibilities it was always fun to pull an all-nighter and watch the Hawaii game at 4 AM, some Northeast schools at 6/8 AM, etc. Seemed like good exposure on ESPN/2 for schools who otherwise wouldn’t get any. Wonder why it went away.

The Great Alaska was one of the more unique early tournaments too. I guess the school just decided to stop funding it since so many other MTEs popped up and it became that much harder to get big-name programs to come to Anchorage.

Yeah and there was usually a PAC-12/WAC game at 12:00 AM ET & another CA Big West team at 2:00 AM ET

The Great Alaska Shootout is back as a 4-team WNCAA tournament. They should move the Hall of Fame Tip-Off in CT to Alaska as a 8 team tournament with Alaska-Anchorage as a DII Chaminade type team.

I think Alaska would absolutely be a destination. Would be nice if Alaska-Anchorage could be DI like Hawaii in the Big West.

24-hour tipoff probably went away because organizations are cheap & greedy.

Is BYU even that good or are they just lucky they are in the Big 12?

Illinois @ Northwestern is a banger. Rocking crowd.

This feels like the kind of parity there was in the 2019-2020 season, maybe even more, before it got cut short during the conference tourneys.

Back
Top Bottom