NCAA Tourny

Lap3Forever

Staff member
Surprized no one has put this up yet.

Im doing pretty good in two brackets. ND and Richmond are my downfalls.

But im jumping for joy that the Murray State Racers beat Vandy this afternoon! :beerbang:

Surprized no one has put this up yet.

Im doing pretty good in two brackets. ND and Richmond are my downfalls.

But im jumping for joy that the Murray State Racers beat Vandy this afternoon! :beerbang:
Lappy, I listened to the end of that game on the radio during my rounds today. There were some very good games today and your Racers were great.

Last year, there were only two overtime games in the tournament. Early today there were already two overtime games, with one of them going into the second OT.

Lappy, I listened to the end of that game on the radio during my rounds today. There were some very good games today and your Racers were great.

Last year, there were only two overtime games in the tournament. Early today there were already two overtime games, with one of them going into the second OT.

When Danero hit that shot, i jumped off the couch and danced around. Such a bitter sweet win for the team, early Monday one of the players mom died in a car wreck leaving work at Vanderbilt hospital. The player came to the game since that was what his mom would want, (She ran track at Murray State)

There have been more upsets in the first couple rounds than i remember seeing at this point.

Anybody got a match, Northern Iowa just ruined my bracket! I cannot say that I was not pulling them, oh well. Today a 9 and 10 seed just made the sweet sixteen.

Any NSCU Wolfpack fans in here, I just watched live and in person a tail whooping by the UAB Blazers in a NIT game. Thanks Wolfpack, now I get to see my TARHEELS live on Tuesday night in Birmingham. They might get their tails whooped too!

Anybody got a match, Northern Iowa just ruined my bracket! I cannot say that I was not pulling them, oh well. Today a 9 and 10 seed just made the sweet sixteen.

Any NSCU Wolfpack fans in here, I just watched live and in person a tail whooping by the UAB Blazers in a NIT game. Thanks Wolfpack, now I get to see my TARHEELS live on Tuesday night in Birmingham. They might get their tails whooped too!
Tis way too bad our pal parelypure isn't here. I know lots of Pack fans, but he is by far the biggest I know. I'm sure he is drowning his sorrow right now. ;)

Me too! ugh!!
Now I have to hope for a KY upset to stand a chance. LOL I didn't pick Ky so I wouldn't jinx them :D

I'm still heart broke. Had time to get a shot off. But they did not hit the free ones and had a bunch of turnovers. I guess that one ref does not know what a charge it. That really cost Murray the game. :(

Awesome! Butler on their way to the final four !!

Go Bulldogs!

The West Virginia-Kentucky game was a great game. I like Kentucky, and Coach Cal in particular, so it was kind of tough. But, my family is all from West Virginia and I spent an awful lot of time there when I was a kid. It's always been my favorite place on earth. I've always rooted for West Virginia, but it's even stronger since Bob Huggins has been their coach. Huggins started his coaching career in my hometown of Akron, Oh. The University Of Akron is about 5 miles or less from my house. Huggins has always been kind of a jerk in a lot of ways, but I still think of him as one of ours.

West Virginia actually went the entire first half without making a 2-point shot but still led 29-27 at halftime because they were 8 of 15 on 3 pointers while they went 0 for 16 on 2 pointers. They continued to shoot very well from the outside in the second half, but also started penetrating to the rim. KY has always made it easier to get it in the hole too, so they had that going for them once they got there.

I agree BO it was a really good game. Unfortunately I am mathematically eliminated from my bracket choices :(
Wow this is really the year of upsets.
So who is everyone rooting for to win?

I agree BO it was a really good game. Unfortunately I am mathematically eliminated from my bracket choices :(

Im going for The Bulldogs now, Murray gave them the cloest run they have had, and the better they do, the better ranking Murray will get.

It's kind of tough in some ways. Of course, I am still rooting for West Virginia to win, but I really like Duke. Butler is a great story and it would be kinda cool for a "mid-major" to win it all. I guess I could say that as long as Michigan State doesn't win it all I will be pretty happy. ;)

If you enjoy watching "TEAM" play. Duke showed what it is all about in defeating WV. Duke played a very good game.

i was surprised that butler beat michigan state. it will be interesting to see if they can stop duke. i don't think so but i'm pulling for them.

I'm pulling for Butler too, what story it would be if they could defeat Duke. I don't think it will happen, but sure would make for a great Cinderella story.

Nobody thought Butler would get this far but they have. They defeated a 1, 2 and 5th seed on their way to Championship game. I think Duke has it together( that is hard to say coming from a longtime Tarheel fan), but I do think Butler has a chance if the game is played at their pace. One of the announcers stated their style is liken to a football team that runs the ball very well. They just keep pounding and pounding until the opponent submits. They are also going to have to defend very well and not go into a long dry spell like they did against the Spartens. A shooting match will give the Dukeys the advantage.

I hope Butler can pull it off. I have heard some people say it would be a Cinderella story. Not even, George Mason's run in 2007 was a improbrable Cinderella story. Butler has atleast been in the top 25 scene for the last few years, and are on a great winning streak. But a win Monday night would be great for College basketball, and awesome for this College basketball and Tarheel fan.

It was funny but I found myself rooting for Duke against West Virginia. I have a lot of ties to WV as I stated before, but I just really like the way Duke runs their program and their school. Coach K is an incredible coach and I just can't root against the guy. That was a pretty incredible display they put on against WVU. That is a well oiled, very well coached machine. They have tremendous shooters, great ball handlers, good big men who know their roles very well. They play very good defense, rebound extremely well and don't turn the ball over much.

That being said, I do think it would be a good thing for college basketball if Butler won it all. Butler doesn't like to be called a "mid major", but they are. It's been a lot of years since a team not from a major conference (ACC, Big East, etc.) won the title. They could do it too. They play really good defense and if they can drag Duke into an ugly, slow game they have a shot. I don't think they will though. It is just too hard to shut Duke down at this point and I just don't think they have the firepower to outscore Duke.

Nobody thought Butler would get this far but they have. They defeated a 1, 2 and 5th seed on their way to Championship game.
You must have forgotten they are a #5 seed and was ranking in the top ten pre-season. You wouldn't have been surprised if MSU had won and gone to the championship game for the second year in a row, but Butler was thought to be just as good. School size has nothing to do with them winning. Have you ever checked the size of Depaul University. There was a time they were dominant and not a surprise. Duke is a private university and though they are always considered tops in the ACC, their football program has always been a bottom feeder. The most important thing is college basketball is whether the coaching staff can recruit. The more successful you become, the easier it is to recruit. These days no one is surprised that Gonzaga is a college basketball powerhouse. Why is that? Butler has been a power basketball team for some time now and finally, they are getting the press.

NATIONAL CHAMP - DUKE

I agree with buckaroo, size of school has very little to do with how good a basketball team is. Years back the powerhouses used to be Loyola, Bradley, LaSalle, Toledo, St. Boneventure, etc. Recruiting, as buckaroo states, is important. However, I think that 'good coaching' is also needed and no one is better than Coach K.

That was a great game. One of the best championships games I've seen in any sport in a very long time.

Congrats to Duke and Coach K! They deserved it

Back
Top Bottom