Netflix's The Crew

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
Has anyone watched this new Netflix series? I watched the first episode and that was enough for me. I just didn't find it funny, like at all. It was poorly edited and the sets looked cheaply made. Honestly, was anyone asking for a comedy show about a NASCAR team? I don't really remember anyone on this forum or on the social media saying "You know what would be a fresh new take on the tired and stale sitcom format? If it took place in a NASCAR team shop!" That's ultimately what it feels like, it just felt tired and stale with the same predictable sitcom plot but hey, it's NASCAR!

0/5 would not recommend.

I watched the 1st 2 episodes last night. It's one of those things you have to take it for what it is. To me its like Days of Thunder and Talladega Nights. Its something that has Nascar in it, not about Nascar. Kevin James comedy isn't for everyone.

I am bummed NASCAR doesn’t have a documentary on Netflix like F1 has, instead we are stuck with dopey Kevin James. At least it’s good exposure for the drivers

I am bummed NASCAR doesn’t have a documentary on Netflix like F1 has, instead we are stuck with dopey Kevin James. At least it’s good exposure for the drivers

That would be awesome! But the money involved and worldwide viewership of F1 far exceeds nascar.

I think the closes thing we've gotten was that Madhouse series on The History Channel.

I'll give a try, I'm in the market for a new sitcom to watch. I wont be expecting a "cool Nascar show" so maybe I'll like it. If Kevin James just recreates his character from King of Queens or Kevin Can Wait, it'll grow stale really fast.

He's probably Paul Blart: NASCAR Cop

Actually Kevin's character isn't that bad. Honestly the character that gets under my skin the most is the stupid airhead driver. Like, his whole character can be summed up in one word, "stupid." They really should've just made him a rookie. That way you can still have the goofy accidents, but the character will be able to grow and develop throughout the series.

I think the reason a lot of fans of any sport has problems with tv shows involving their sport is because they take it to personal and get embarrassed if the show or the character isn't portrayed exactly like it is in real life or if their sport or favorite sports figure or driver is portrayed in a goofy manner for a comedy effect. If you disconnect yourself as a fan while watching you might enjoy it much more.

It's a Kevin James sitcom. I wouldn't expect anything other than the stereotypical Kevin James role. Not Masterpiece Theater.

I'll probably watch it for the the occasional laugh and simply because it's nascar related.

Motortrend App has a NASCAR type doc series that’s pretty good

I think the reason a lot of fans of any sport has problems with tv shows involving their sport is because they take it to personal and get embarrassed if the show or the character isn't portrayed exactly like it is in real life or if their sport or favorite sports figure or driver is portrayed in a goofy manner for a comedy effect. If you disconnect yourself as a fan while watching you might enjoy it much more.
I'm sure you are correct but for some reason men have been ok for the last 20 years or more being portrayed as brainless buffoons who can barely tie there own shoes without the saving grace of their wife . Basically prehistoric creatures who only perk up at the mention of sports or sex. LOL TV comedies are not meant to be serious or realistic, there is very little accuracy no matter what genre of reality they are imitating.

NASCAR has enough dumb shows that showcase rednecks
eh, a lot of people thought the rope incident was going to put an ugly stain on our sport and be the demise of NASCAR and it turned out to be just the opposite. Heck now we have two new high profile team owners and a new sitcom tv show. But the show better get a lot funnier or I'm not watching it because it wasn't very funny at all imo. They may need to hire the writers from Two and a Half Men and then I probably wouldn't miss an episode. :)

Very similar to reading a book and seeing the movie. I have never watched a movie that I liked better than the book.

Terrible. Forced comedy that deserves Hari Kari . Cheap sets, no continuity, sub par production and abysmally detached characters. Episode 1owes me a Particiption trophy. I look forward to missing the rest of this canned soundtrack of a lackluster offering from Netflix.

Kevin James is great by himself. His stand up is hilarious and his Youtube skits are creative.

None of the movies or shows he’s been apart of are anywhere near as entertaining. Sad dichotomy.

I didn't get through the first 5 minutes of episode 1. Really thought all of you were wrong because I doubted any show could be worse than a 0/10

I know when I was on Netflix last night it was in the top 10, so clearly people are watching it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just watched episode 1 and 2. I think im gonna kill myself. Like the op said, weak dialouge, 100 dollar set and props. Its an abomination. Sucks ass, awful. cancel it! Arrrrrrrgh!
I did the same, and my wife got into it. There’s like a 1:5 ratio of good jokes to awful, and like you said the sets are pathetic and it looks like a soap opera or like it was filmed on an iPhone. The plot gets a little better, but it’s a big dud for me.

It's a sit-com that just happens to be set in the NASCAR world. While it may get our attention, it's not meant for us. With that lowered expectation...it was worthy of a binge watch on a lazy holiday afternoon.

Well I just saw the crew will be on the #7 this weekend, so I guess it's doing something pretty positive for the sport!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Watched the first episode. It met my expectations as a Kevin James show goes. Laughed at some things and not at others. Pretty much the same as most other comedies out there.

It's a sitcom centered around a fictitious nascar world. I think it's great that someone felt nascar was relevant enough to warrant screen time. Who knows, maybe it's enough to grab the attention of some newbie nascar fans out there. The sport could certainly use more of them.

Watched the first episode. It met my expectations as a Kevin James show goes. Laughed at some things and not at others. Pretty much the same as most other comedies out there.

It's a sitcom centered around a fictitious nascar world. I think it's great that someone felt nascar was relevant enough to warrant screen time. Who knows, maybe it's enough to grab the attention of some newbie nascar fans out there. The sport could certainly use more of them.
I have not seen any good comedies that I like since Two and a Half Men. Todays comedies including the late night shows on tv has more stupid content then funny content imo.

Back
Top Bottom