New associate sponsor for Kyle Petty

S

stridsberry

http://www.nascar.com/2002/news/headlines/...argo/index.html
------------------------------------------------------------

Wells Fargo added as sponsor of Petty's Dodge
November 19, 2002
12:58 PM EST (1758 GMT)

RANDLEMAN, N.C. -- Wells Fargo Financial, the North American consumer finance subsidiary of Wells Fargo & Company, announced today it has finalized an agreement to act as associate sponsor of the Petty Enterprises No. 45 Dodge driven by Kyle Petty, beginning in 2003.

Wells Fargo Financial will partner with Kyle, Georgia-Pacific, and the entire Petty Enterprises team to build on its successful program in NASCAR.

Petty Enterprises brings many value-added opportunities to leverage the sponsorship: "We're excited about Kyle's performance on the track, the support available to us through the Petty Enterprises marketing team, the professionalism of the organization, and our association with one of the most celebrated names in all of NASCAR," said Mike McCoy, Group SVP Strategy and Business Development.

"We're proud to add the Wells Fargo Financial name to the list of top national brands at Petty Enterprises," said Kyle Petty. "Wells Fargo fits right in with Georgia-Pacific, General Mills, Coca-Cola and our other sponsors. We are confident we can help Wells Fargo Financial leverage the Petty relationship to businesses and to consumers."

The sponsorship provides significant benefit and impact to Wells Fargo Financial's business lines through driver appearances, client/dealer entertainment, customer promotions, show car appearances, and employee incentives. NASCAR is the No. 1 spectator sport in the United States; averaging more than 190,000 fans attending each race and more than 5.5 million viewers per race. NASCAR's popularity exceeds the NBA, NHL and MLB combined.

Petty Enterprises will field three Winston Cup teams: Kyle Petty's No. 45 Georgia-Pacific Dodge, John Andretti's No. 43 Cheerios/Betty Crocker Dodge, and Christian Fittipaldi's No. 44 Dodge, which will run a limited Cup schedule.

Wells Fargo Financial, headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, is an $18 billion company providing installment and home equity lending, automobile financing, consumer and private label credit cards, leasing, technology services, and receivables financing to consumers and businesses in 47 U.S. states, all 10 provinces of Canada, and the Caribbean.

that is good.

I am glad to see that something good is going on

Krystle

Its was obvisos that this has been in the works because the Wells Fargo logo is on the 45 car already. Just the name was blocked out but the background was there.

Its good that they joined the team, this just leaves me to wonder if GP is not spending as much on the 45 as Sprint did and the 45 needed more money. Or if Kyle just wanted more money to improve the team. Either way its cool, our house is morgaged with Wells fargo, so we could think that we are sending the money right to Kyle!!....lol:D

Its bad news for Brett Bodine. Bodine needs as much money as he can get. I hope that Hooters does buy into Bretts team and gets his team running at least top 25's

I can see it now a armor truck carrying what little money they have left to each track

Yeah Congrats Petty's- for STEALING someone elses sponsor!! They went to the least funded team, & only owner/driver,& stole their sponsor!!
That is soooo weak!!! :bleh:

Its pretty sad I know. I wish I could sponsor somebody who crashes or finishes really bad every week.

I would not assume that Pettys went after them. yes they might have put out something saying they were lookign for a ass.sponcer. And Wells Fargo thought that the Petty would give them more exsposer that Brett will. And that is true bc The Pettys are one of the most marketable people in racing.

Back
Top Bottom