New camera shot.

D

DE Wrangler 2

Did anyone see that camera shot of the cars in one of the turns (not sure which, but looked like turn 10) where the wheels actually ran over the thing? Must have been mounted in one of the rumble strips or a curb or something.....wow, what a spectacular shot! Saw the camera get run over at least twice.:)

Wherever it was, de, those were some fantastic shots. You could even see the little pieces of rubber blowing around.

For what it is worth, it's called the "squash cam". It was just off the surface in the grass and was not expected to survive the race.

Originally posted by HardScrabble
For what it is worth, it's called the "squash cam". It was just off the surface in the grass and was not expected to survive the race.

Whatever they call it, it was one hell of a shot!! :)

it was good, wonder if they are going to use that concept anywhere else?:rolleyes:

They had it at the Brickyard too. I would guess it will become a fairly regualr feature. Guessing I would think it would be harder to locate effectively at the ovals because of larger apron areas where NASCAR will probably not allow it to be placed.

Just inside the curb at Martinsville would be cool>

yeah, or how about just barely out of the ground in the grass at bristol

Wonder if they could put one in the wall at Darlington?? Catch the famous Darilington Stripes being handed out first hand.:)

woah, now wouldnt that be cool. i think you should email that one to the tv station. especially where they use those soft walls!

Originally posted by HardScrabble
Wonder if they could put one in the wall at Darlington?? Catch the famous Darilington Stripes being handed out first hand.:)

Oh yeah!! That would be great........only one chance for the shot!!:) Heck those cams are cheap.......wouldn't need to be much more than one of the 50 dollar web cams you see at Best Buys!!:D

With all the money their raking in at NBC from all those commercials...I think they could afford a bit more than a 50 web cam. Every race I see...The commercials get longer and longer and longer.

I actually think that was coming out of the loop! It was a cool shot!!
During the IRP race espn had a camera in the groove that was very cool i wounder why they did not use it for the BGN cars, i know a diffrent network but NBC/TNT could have pu tone there.

speed channel has it for the motorcycle races and other serise for awhile, they call it a "speed shot" for obvious reasons. they always are ahead on cameras it seems. RIght now there are working on a 360degree cam that you can control from home, now thats going to be tough when that comes out

Yeah, I've seen that type of camera used before. They should use it more often, but I can imagine those cameras aren't that cheap to keep replacing them each week. A neat camera angle nonetheless and always glad to see them use it.

I would like to see the flycam if they could go as fast as the cars at actually race speeds instead of at caution times.

That camera was cool. I though I was gonna get hit when the 36 drove over it:)

I would like to see a Hooter Cam,It could be sponsered Hooters,and cut down at least 30 sec of each commercal break.:D

I believe it was located coming out of the inter-loop. They have used it at ovals before as well, but it was located out against the bottom of the wall on a straight section of the track. I don't recall having seen it much lately, but I believe it was at Daytona a few years back.

Back
Top Bottom