New Fantasy League Idea?

The Long Shot

Crew Chief
So I'm in a fantasy league that is run on both Facebook and another forum, and I have to say that I enjoy the format a lot because it's unique to any other fantasy game I've ever played.

It's pretty simple: each week you predict the drivers you think will finish in the top 10 that week, in order. You get points based off of how well you predicted. Predicting the winner exactly gets you 15 points, predicting one of the top 5 finishers gets you 4 points, and predicting one of the top 10 finishers gets you 2 points. If you predict a driver exactly where he finishes in the race, you get a bonus point. All in all, it means that the maximum amount of points you can score is 50 (15+5+5+5+5+3+3+3+3+3).

Here's an example of my predictions from last week:

1. Kevin Harvick (15)
2. Brad Keselowski (2)
3. Matt Kenseth (2)
4. Joey Logano (2)
5. Dale Earnhardt Jr. (4)
6. Paul Menard (0)
7. Jimmie Johnson (0)
8. Martin Truex Jr. (2)
9. Kyle Larson (2)
10. Jeff Gordon (0)

Total: 29 points

There would be a Chase as well; whoever gets the most points in a week would win what is known as an MVP and therefore would be granted a spot in the Chase. 16 people would be eligible, just like in Sprint Cup.

Now here's the thing: if you guys want, I could run a simultaneous inter forum competition between this one and the one the game's currently on (won't mention its name unless it's agreed upon here). I know we're three weeks into the season, but because of the Chase eligibility rules, that would mean you all would still have a really good chance of making the Chase. Or I could just run a competition here alone. Your decision.

Anyway, hopefully people take an interest in this! If you want to play, just post your top 10 predictions for Phoenix like I did above.

Reactions: Pat
I'm already gamed out and this one isn't for me anyway.

What Johali said. I've tried being in more than one league a couple of times. I always wind up dropping out of one within a few weeks.

Sorry.

I'd be down for it, only because I'm not playing in any :( but I'd want it here so it be easier for me to keep up with honestly.

I'd be down for it, only because I'm not playing in any :( but I'd want it here so it be easier for me to keep up with honestly.

Well, the idea would be that if it were some sort of inter-forum thing, updates would be posted both here and on the other site.

So, you are keeping the same drivers from the Vegas race and in the same position of finish for the Phoenix race? Can they be changed around race to race?

So, you are keeping the same drivers from the Vegas race and in the same position of finish for the Phoenix race? Can they be changed around race to race?

No no, you misunderstand. I was using my picks from the Vegas race as an example of what you would do. My picks for Phoenix will be different. The point of this game is to predict who you would finish in the top 10 that week; no limit on what drivers you can use and how many times you can use them.

No no, you misunderstand. I was using my picks from the Vegas race as an example of what you would do. My picks for Phoenix will be different. The point of this game is to predict who you would finish in the top 10 that week; no limit on what drivers you can use and how many times you can use them.

Ok, can we wait until after qualifying to make our picks?

Ok, I'll post them here a bit after qualifying........usually (as I do here) I don't mind going out on a limb and winging it, but, shoot, if someone's KEEPING SCORE........... :) need all the edge I can get

I'd be interested in this next year, but feel it is pretty pointless right now since we've already missed 3 races. I like this game idea though since it's unique.

I'm still down for either way, I mean if getting a win gets us in the chase missing 3 weeks won't be much. The plate races will be fun to see what the picks are also.

Yeah picking 10 drivers every week is a bit much.

Again, though, there's no limit, unlike the Yahoo game and KevinWI's game. This is literally just "predict the top 10". No more, no less. You could reuse the same top 10 each week if you wanted to (though your predictions don't automatically carry over into the next week).

I'd be interested in this next year, but feel it is pretty pointless right now since we've already missed 3 races. I like this game idea though since it's unique.

If we just paid attention to the scores of the Members here, everyone would be starting out equal in points......... :) I mean, zero is zero.

If we just paid attention to the scores of the Members here, everyone would be starting out equal in points......... :) I mean, zero is zero.

Right. And because of the Chase format, you're most certainly not eliminated from contention even if you did miss the first three weeks. (And if you predict well enough, you'd still be able to catch up without the Chase format; the points leader in my league has something like 65 points, just over the maximum a full race can get you.)

So I'm in a fantasy league that is run on both Facebook and another forum, and I have to say that I enjoy the format a lot because it's unique to any other fantasy game I've ever played.

It's pretty simple: each week you predict the drivers you think will finish in the top 10 that week, in order. You get points based off of how well you predicted. Predicting the winner exactly gets you 15 points, predicting one of the top 5 finishers gets you 4 points, and predicting one of the top 10 finishers gets you 2 points. If you predict a driver exactly where he finishes in the race, you get a bonus point. All in all, it means that the maximum amount of points you can score is 50 (15+5+5+5+5+3+3+3+3+3).

Here's an example of my predictions from last week:

1. Kevin Harvick (15)
2. Brad Keselowski (2)
3. Matt Kenseth (2)
4. Joey Logano (2)
5. Dale Earnhardt Jr. (4)
6. Paul Menard (0)
7. Jimmie Johnson (0)
8. Martin Truex Jr. (2)
9. Kyle Larson (2)
10. Jeff Gordon (0)

Total: 29 points

There would be a Chase as well; whoever gets the most points in a week would win what is known as an MVP and therefore would be granted a spot in the Chase. 16 people would be eligible, just like in Sprint Cup.

Now here's the thing: if you guys want, I could run a simultaneous inter forum competition between this one and the one the game's currently on (won't mention its name unless it's agreed upon here). I know we're three weeks into the season, but because of the Chase eligibility rules, that would mean you all would still have a really good chance of making the Chase. Or I could just run a competition here alone. Your decision.

Anyway, hopefully people take an interest in this! If you want to play, just post your top 10 predictions for Phoenix like I did above.

I like simple formats. I do one fantasy game that requires some thought and another one is simpler than this one. It's a Pick 5 instead of a Pick 10. I'm thinking though, I'll watch this year and maybe next year I might participate. :)

Back
Top Bottom