New McLaren Fails FIA crash test

B

BebiF1

After a horrifying crash at Barcelona, when Kimi Raikonen lost it and demoslished a tyre wall as well as a brand new million dollar car in testing a few weeks ago, Alex Wurz destroys another wall and another car at Jerez yesterday. Both drivers were uninjured and both crashes were determined to be driver fault and not mechanical. But interestingly enough in the FIA crash test which is mandatory for race approval, the new MP4/18 failed. And I may be wrong about this next bit, but from what I know, the tests are done at speeds around 35 mph. How can your driver survive two high speed crashes in which the car was destroyed as any car would be, but fail a little fender bender 35 mph crash? Ron Dennis states that no body gets it right the first time and that they will have the problem"s" fixed and ready and will not delay the already late launch of the McLaren at Silverstone in four weeks time. Plenty of time for micheal to rack up them points!

The first car faster than a human can react. heh.

I will be awaiting silverstone. This thing can't get any more hyped. Gotta love it.

*yawn*...I'll wait for the results (wins!) before I start goin' OMG!! :D

Mclaren have left it too late to catch Ferrari in the points standings this year, unless they score a win and MS dosent finish. If the new Mclaren wont be around for another 2 races then I think that means another 2 Ferrari wins. And by that time it will be game over..

Back
Top Bottom