New NASCAR President

Yeah not exactly sure what this does. I mean to he honest the job means so little I didn't notice NASCAR hasn't had one since 2015. Mike Helton was promoted then and been without one since. So probably not much of a big deal.

Frees up CEO/Brian so he can work on Gen7:) . Less people reporting to him.

Yeah not exactly sure what this does. I mean to he honest the job means so little I didn't notice NASCAR hasn't had one since 2015. Mike Helton was promoted then and been without one since. So probably not much of a big deal.
Yeah Helton disappeared and O'Donnell popped up. Helton at least acted like he could make decisions and probably did.

When Brian heard the guy's name he got a bit confused about what he could "bring to the table" and figured, what the hell, let's make him president . . .

dewars-white-label-437182.jpg

^ Hilarious. A candidate for post of the year, no doubt.

Actually, Dewar's promotion *could* be a very meaningful step. It depends upon who is in his corner, among the shareholders.

Had the opportunity to meet & chat with Helton while on a business trip. Came off as a smart, down to earth guy. Also I like that he is in the garages on the weekends.

Will be interested in Dewar does moving forward.
Wow I didn't know Helton was backing off that much. Sounds like Dewar, ODonell, and Steve Phelps will be running the show now.

As for Helton’s future within the organization: “I’m not retiring,” he said, “but I’m going to slow down and stay out of their way. The next generation of youth and intelligence (he mentioned Dewar, Steve O’Donnell and Steve Phelps) will be the leaders of NASCAR. I’m still vice chairman and will still come to the races because I love coming to the races and I love the people in the garage. And I’ll work with Brian and (NASCAR and ISC executives) Lesa Kennedy and Jim France on strategic elements just like we have been. I’ll be around.”

http://autoweek.com/article/nascar/racing-insiders-optimistic-about-new-nascar-president-brent-dewar

I was reading a story from 2009,Chevrolet is General Motors.A life-long enviromentalist who took public transportation to reduce his carbon footprint.No wonder GM went bankrupt.

As I said.........the guy is an complete idiot. I am sure he gets along well with others at Nascar HQ.

35 years with GM. and was in the racing division. yeah I read that pretty impressive. Helton said he has been doing presidents duty for quite some time they just gave him the title. just a few short days later after he got the title he is on public media dropping bombs. I had no idea Nascar's largest market was California.

I know Rev said he was fired up to listen to sirius radio to hear about his damn Toyota's. I wonder if he heard any of what Dewar was saying. If he didn't end every sentence with Toyota though, he probably wasn't paying attention

Lifelong love of cars, racing fueled Dewar’s drive to President of NASCAR

“(Our manufacturers) want to beat each other, and they want to beat each other in the marketplace and on the track, but we come together as a group to plan the next steps. You’ll see that as an ongoing process, but you’ll also see us come together as we plan the next-generation car.”
The prospect of bringing more carmakers into the competition would entail change, something that has required a delicate balance for NASCAR’s upper management in recent years. In a relatively short span, the sport has shifted entitlement sponsors, racing procedures and postseason formats. Other car-specific alterations have brought new dimensions to the racing, and the season schedule is set for a significant overhaul in 2018
“I think that’s what I’d like them to know, that if you haven’t been around us for a while, don’t judge us, come see us. I think the racing today, and I’ve been watching this for a long time, is as good as it’s ever been. Just seeing the screaming of my daughter when Ryan Blaney won at Pocono, it’s true joy. It’s like for me growing up in Canada when my team won the Stanley Cup the first time and that feeling I had, I saw in my daughter. It’s raw emotion, and it’s something special with this sport.”

http://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/07/19/brent-dewar-nascar-president-lifelong-love-cars-racing/

Lifelong love of cars, racing fueled Dewar’s drive to President of NASCAR

“(Our manufacturers) want to beat each other, and they want to beat each other in the marketplace and on the track, but we come together as a group to plan the next steps. You’ll see that as an ongoing process, but you’ll also see us come together as we plan the next-generation car.”
The prospect of bringing more carmakers into the competition would entail change, something that has required a delicate balance for NASCAR’s upper management in recent years. In a relatively short span, the sport has shifted entitlement sponsors, racing procedures and postseason formats. Other car-specific alterations have brought new dimensions to the racing, and the season schedule is set for a significant overhaul in 2018
“I think that’s what I’d like them to know, that if you haven’t been around us for a while, don’t judge us, come see us. I think the racing today, and I’ve been watching this for a long time, is as good as it’s ever been. Just seeing the screaming of my daughter when Ryan Blaney won at Pocono, it’s true joy. It’s like for me growing up in Canada when my team won the Stanley Cup the first time and that feeling I had, I saw in my daughter. It’s raw emotion, and it’s something special with this sport.”

http://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/07/19/brent-dewar-nascar-president-lifelong-love-cars-racing/
Sounds like more of what we already have.

“If you haven’t been around NASCAR for the last five years, you probably don’t know us,” Dewar says.

"While reaching out to new fans has been a vital mission, keeping NASCAR’s diehard “core” fans engaged has remained an equal priority. And for fans who may have lapsed during the recent advances and enhancements, Dewar says the invitation to the sport’s offerings is just as open."

“We did some later start times this year and some in the industry have not liked that, but it was important to interact with our West Coast audience,’’ Dewar said on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio. “Still our largest audience is California"

il_fullxfull.731372410_efgl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom