New OEM coming?

Crandall just addressed this on NASCAR Radio.....Noted that OEM's are waiting on new engine package. Makes TRD's entry in '07 all the more impressive as WE entered as the Gen 4 was transition into COT. Had to develop two chassis....Who would do that? Only one OEM chose to.

The engine is holding NASCAR back from attracting new manufacturers. It's been this way since the 90s. NASCAR is constantly the only racing series using engine tech that's 20-30 years behind other racing series. I mean... we were running with CARBURATORS in Cup in 2011. Now other series have had hybrid engines for 10+ years and in the NASCAR world that's still going to be at least 2024. It's just frustrating that we run dinosaur engines for no reason I'm aware of. There'd be minimal R/D for a new engine... they already exist, are reliable, and manufacturers WANT to put them in Cup cars.

Crandall just addressed this on NASCAR Radio.....Noted that OEM's are waiting on new engine package. Makes TRD's entry in '07 all the more impressive as WE entered as the Gen 4 was transition into COT. Had to develop two chassis....Who would do that? Only one OEM chose to.

Yeah Toyota sure set the Cup series on fire in 07.... :sarcasm: Weren't there like 6-8 Toyota's showing up at a track each week and half wouldn't even qualify lol.

Typical yoto derail, why would that amount to a hill of beans, everybody else had to do the same thing.

Honda/HPD
X for doubt.

Ain't no way, HPD said they would have to cut programs to add on a NASCAR program. I doubt Acura is leaving IMSA and the IndyCar ties to stay.

Dodge would make sense due to a few factors. Dodge will have the new Charger, Challenger, and the new Hornet is to debut next year (Charger/Challenger are due in 2024). Also, I could see Dodge expanding in IMSA. Remember the old rumor about the LMH Puegeot coming stateside? They also have a new engine with the straight-6 to replace the HEMI platform. Dodge honestly makes a ton of sense to come back to NASCAR and possibly IMSA. Also, they have TSR to keep them busy in NHRA.

All of those factors make Dodge give reason to market its new generation of PHEV and EVs.

X for doubt.

Ain't no way, HPD said they would have to cut programs to add on a NASCAR program. I doubt Acura is leaving IMSA and the IndyCar ties to stay.

Dodge would make sense due to a few factors. Dodge will have the new Charger, Challenger, and the new Hornet is to debut next year (Charger/Challenger are due in 2024). Also, I could see Dodge expanding in IMSA. Remember the old rumor about the LMH Puegeot coming stateside? They also have a new engine with the straight-6 to replace the HEMI platform. Dodge honestly makes a ton of sense to come back to NASCAR and possibly IMSA. Also, they have TSR to keep them busy in NHRA.

All of those factors make Dodge give reason to market its new generation of PHEV and EVs.
I had the same skepticism for a long time because of those comments, but that statement is also two and a half years old now. A lot has changed since then. And then a couple of months ago when they announced the new HALO facility in Ohio I saw a pretty curious quote on social media from a Honda engineer…

I had the same skepticism for a long time because of those comments, but that statement is also two and a half years old now. A lot has changed since then. And then a couple of months ago when they announced the new HALO facility in Ohio I saw a pretty curious quote on social media from a Honda engineer…
That's the thing, I'm not sold because of that reason. Ohio is a good location due to being middle ground between the likes of Andretti and Ganassi in Indy, then MSR that is in Ohio. That's JMO, now if Honda was building something in the area, I would be more likely to believe it.

The nice thing is the NASCAR R&D center is right down the road, I'll keep an eye out for anything. Things have a tendency to happen quickly, but you have a great point.

You say that as if it was admirable. Sounds like poor planning to me.

Haven’t we had like this exact same post on this website every year since dodge left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We even had a Dodge Insider that promised Dodges on the front row of a upcoming Daytona 500

Typical yoto derail, why would that amount to a hill of beans, everybody else had to do the same thing.
Derail? Talking about the last new OEM? Everybody else was established and had notebooks.

Yeah Toyota sure set the Cup series on fire in 07.... :sarcasm: Weren't there like 6-8 Toyota's showing up at a track each week and half wouldn't even qualify lol.
Yes. Your point?

Yes. Your point?

I have no point. No poster can have a "point" when talking to you. It all goes through the ears or over the head lol.

You claimed Toyota entering the sport in 07 with 2 chassis (like all other manufacturers) was "impressive". I mentioned 1/3 of them didn't qualify week-to-week and the other 2/3 were sub-25th place most of the time. There's a point in there.... but don't worry about trying to find it. ALL HAIL TOYOTA! ALL HAIL TOYOTA!

So committed that they couldn’t figure out this simpleton V8 and had to pay Bill Davis to hand over Dodge’s design, effectively killing his team.
NASCAR is easy. Got it. Cite your source as the say....but I do understand that opinions are treated as statements of fact around here....so if you won't, don't bother with the babble.

So committed that they couldn’t figure out this simpleton V8 and had to pay Bill Davis to hand over Dodge’s design, effectively killing his team.

Yep.

So committed that literally every single owner not named Gibbs ended up out of the sport after aligning with TRD. Davis, Red Bull, Waltrip, Visser, Leavine......all gone. Toyota used Bill Davis to get what they wanted, then cast him aside.

Yep.

So committed that literally every single owner not named Gibbs ended up out of the sport after aligning with TRD. Davis, Red Bull, Waltrip, Visser, Leavine......all gone. Toyota used Bill Davis to get what they wanted, then cast him aside.
Yeah, hope Barney didn’t dent that Cup on the way out the door. Laughable BS….but I get the game. Share your Chickie Nuggies.

Back
Top Bottom