New top 10 after Atlanta

• Thread starter 4xchampncountin
  • Start date

4xchampncountin

Atlanta really shook up the points race quite a bit...

1. Matt Kenseth
2. Tony Stewart -49
3. Michael Waltrip -75
4. Jimmie Johnson -99
5. Bobby Labonte -108
6. Johnny Benson -131
7. Kevin Harvick -140
8. Jeff Gordon -141
9. Jeff Burton -142
10. Dale Earnhardt Jr -144

1. Matt Kenseth
2. Tony Stewart -49
3. Michael Waltrip -75
4. Jimmie Johnson -99
5. Bobby Labonte -108
6. Johnny Benson -131
7. Kevin Harvick -140
8. Jeff Gordon -141
9. Jeff Burton -142
10. Dale Earnhardt Jr -144

:bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :pbjtime: :jamming: :headbang: :booya: :whoopee: :punkrocker: :partytime:

Relax PB...Johnny is a lot closer to 20th place than he is to first points wise. But he is quietly having a very nice start. Hey he is doing better than Jeff though, so I won't say too much. :p

Raise your hand if you think Kenseth will stay there the rest of the year.

Mine's up.

Originally posted by 66mustang@Mar 9 2003, 10:21 PM
Raise your hand if you think Kenseth will stay there the rest of the year.

Mine's up.
I don't know about the rest of the year. But I think he has as good a chance as anybody to end the year on top.

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@Mar 9 2003, 04:12 PM
Relax PB...Johnny is a lot closer to 20th place than he is to first points wise. But he is quietly having a very nice start. Hey he is doing better than Jeff though, so I won't say too much. :p
Boy you knwo how to ruin a day don't ya :D
But Hey Johnny is 6th NOW!!! Conpared to my other driver thats like JB is the champion to me!! JB is the only driver in the top 10 in points without a top 10 finish! Been consistant. 19th, 13th,12th, 11th, next week top 10? :bounce:

PB...I'll have to hand it to you. You've got a pretty good outlook. Having Kyle Petty as your favorite must be like rooting for Bangladesh in a food fight. But that doesn't deter you one bit. I love Kyle myself, but he is really not my favorite. So if he does happen to have a good finish every now and then it is great. If not, well I didn't really expect much from him anyway.

Part of the reason why I have a good out look proably is Bc i do have another driver to root for!! I would be happy if Kyle ran just as god as last year. They NEED to get a manager into the team, and let him do what he wants!! Robin was great for PE but they did nto want to hand everything to him. Such as the hiring and fireing, they are too loyal with there crew, which is a good thing sorta but a bad thing when they aren't very good speicalists.

Hey did you har JB is 6th in points!! :D :bounce:

Mark Martin sure has had a tough past two weeks, two engines gone sour :(

Jimmie Johnson's luck wasn't too good either. He could have been a lot higher in the points if he hadn't puked the motor with less than 20 laps to go. :(

Johnny has two things in his favor for this year versus last. First his pit crew has been consistantly getting him out in the same or better position, this was not the case last year. Second James Ince has not been "experimenting" with wierd pit strategies, short pitting, gas only, etc like he tried all too many times with not very favorable results. James made the right calls for the Rock last year when Johnny scored his first win and he has been doing quite well since. I think that PB has a lot of good reasons to be excited....I feel the energy too!!

Kel

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@Mar 9 2003, 04:04 PM
Atlanta really shook up the points race quite a bit...
Not really since Matt was only 3 points behind Mikey at the start of the race & as soon as Mikey had problems, I had a good feeling Matt would take the lead. Of course I wasn't sure until JJ had his problems.

It's way too early in the season, but I still feel giddy saying 'Matt Kenseth, Winston Cup points leader' since this is the first time he has every lead the point standings!!! :bounce:

Originally posted by DJFan@Mar 9 2003, 07:01 PM
Johnny has two things in his favor for this year versus last. First his pit crew has been consistantly getting him out in the same or better position, this was not the case last year. Second James Ince has not been "experimenting" with wierd pit strategies, short pitting, gas only, etc like he tried all too many times with not very favorable results. James made the right calls for the Rock last year when Johnny scored his first win and he has been doing quite well since. I think that PB has a lot of good reasons to be excited....I feel the energy too!!

Kel
It helps that MB2 is right next door to Matt & Kurt's shop, which is across the street from Mark & Jeff's shop, so it's easy to spy on them to see how they do it. What I mean is that behind Kurt & Matt's shop they have a car sitting out back that half the paint scheme is the #97 & the other half is the #17 & they practice pit stops non-stop on this car. I'm sure Mark & Jeff have a car that is similar to this.

But Johhny is an awesome driver that has some luck that isn't so good. I was really excited to see him win at Rockingham last year & I'm sure he will be top 10 all year long!!!

Back
Top Bottom