New "what are you listening to thread"

^^^Not bad. I like groups like that that play real Texas music. As the old saying goes, "you've gotta have a fiddle to play in a Texas band."

^^^Not bad. I like groups like that that play real Texas music. As the old saying goes, "you've gotta have a fiddle to play in a Texas band."
Those guys are part of Lyle Lovett's acoustic band who are on tour. The Bass player, Leland Sklar usually films the concert houses they play as they jump from place to place. Yesterday he filmed them doing a sound check. They started the tour in Texas and went east. I believe that was taken in Clearwater Florida.

RIP David Lindley... guitar genius and the best pedal steel player ever.

I'll nerd out a little here - a couple of weeks back I saw Os Mutantes at Third Man Records, who are considered generally speaking one of the seminal acts in the Brazilian Psychedelic/Tropicalia scene in the late 60s/early 70s. Sergio Dias, lead guitarist and singer, is clearly not at 100% physically and has a lot of mobility issues, but the man can still play and he still clearly loves to play his songs. Weird stuff and obvious hipster bait: I told my friends I went with it was probably the highest concentration of advanced degrees the city had seen outside a Wayne State seminar hall.

Back
Top Bottom