Newest member of the family

Greg

2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader
This is "Brownie"
Screenshot_20210223-165256_craigslist.jpg
born on Jan 6th of all days

Mr Brownie is learning to sleep all night. He made it about 7.5 hours last night before the morning rush to get outside.

Then it's eating and about 30 minutes of essential interactive playtime. He is full of crazy energy like he is on some kind of dope early in the morning and he has to burn it off.
His favorite toy is one of the wife's slippers that he has taken for his own. I stuff it with a smaller toy for him to discover along the way.
Screenshot_20210310-061553_Gallery.jpg

CONGRATS Greg!! He looks like an abso-doodle keeper!!

Nothin' like a canine in the family. I miss having a dog in my life. The tri-color is Bonny and she lived to be ten. Bailey, the guy carrying the ball, was 11 when we lost him to kidney failure.
Pembrook Welsh Corgis are fun with their own particular quirks. They are exteremly curious, family oriented and protective but can be stubborn. They require a certain amount of discipline/training or they might try to take over their life. Sort of like a rebellious teenager in fur.
Funny how you have one of the many who stick out in your mind as a favorite but like your children, not really a favorite because you love them all the same. I'll elaborate on that in a future post.

S3700847.jpg

YO! Greg!!
Please keep posting pictures of Brownie.

He's such a great looking little guy and I think we would all like to see his growth progress and just know about him as he builds his life with your family.

This is our daughter and her Scottish Deer Hound. She weigh right around 100 lbs. and the pooch checks in at 185!!
IMG_1498.jpg

YO! Greg!!
Please keep posting pictures of Brownie.

He's such a great looking little guy and I think we would all like to see his growth progress and just know about him as he builds his life with your family.

This is our daughter and her Scottish Deer Hound. She weigh right around 100 lbs. and the pooch checks in at 185!!
View attachment 54519
20210318_183515.jpg
Two days ago March 18th.
Will try to post something better on Monday. Working graveyard 12 hour shifts this weekend.

Attachments

• 20210318_183512.jpg
    20210318_183512.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 153
About 15 lbs max
About 15 lbs
Fifteen pounds? Really? He sure looks like he will be a lot larger than that. More around thirty. But then again, I ain't no egg-spurt but just thinking with print. :idunno: If he winds up at fifteen pounds that would be a great weight.

I'm partial to smaller dogs but not the chihuahua, yorkie, yappers. Got a few in here and I usually get along well with canines but these little ankle biters throw me a fit.

Brownie is mostly on dry food now and he does a great job of letting us know when he needs to go out to potty.
He is sleeping good too at night and letting us sleep too.

But them farts, probably karma for the name we gave him.

I will post some more pictures soon
Born Jan 6th, 2001 of all days.
Currently 18 lbs.
Will be 18 months old on July 6th

Reactions: sdj
He turns the front paw almost backwards as if he has a broken leg.

He sure is a good looking member of the family. I get a kick out of the way his legs seem to twist as he sits. How much does he weigh? He looks to be small, around 18 - 20 lbs.

He sure is a good looking member of the family. I get a kick out of the way his legs seem to twist as he sits. How much does he weigh? He looks to be small, around 18 - 20 lbs.
18 lbs last time he weighed about a month ago.
I agree about the way he twist his legs.

They say a dog needs a boy.....

Well tonight we a have a six year old fostor boy in the home....

I can't discuss the child's case thats not allowed.... but watching Brownie and the boy play together is an incredibile thing.
Watchjng them play and for a moment everything in life is right, the way it should be.....

That is good news, Greg. Happy for you and Mrs. Greg and the lad as well. Hopefully he will become an integral part of your family. And keep Brownie active! Best to all of you. The youngster has no idea how many people are pulling for him to find happiness and love in your family. Ain't this forum fun?!

Say hello to Ellie, our 6th Schnauzer, she is 6 months old and we have had her for 8 weeks. We lost our other Schnauzer, Gabby, a year ago that was 16 years old and said we were done, well, you can see we were not done. Ellie is just a real joy, smart as a whip and loves to play. I had forgotten what puppy's were like at this age, hell, I get tired just watching her, LOL.
Here, She is sitting on my deck at my hunting camp.

Ellie 8-1-2022.jpg

Say hello to Ellie, our 6th Schnauzer, she is 6 months old and we have had her for 8 weeks. We lost our other Schnauzer, Gabby, a year ago that was 16 years old and said we were done, well, you can see we were not done. Ellie is just a real joy, smart as a whip and loves to play. I had forgotten what puppy's were like at this age, hell, I get tired just watching her, LOL.
Here, She is sitting on my deck at my hunting camp.

View attachment 64330
Nice looking pooch. Sorry to hear about the one that you lost after 16 years. My Bride and I know how hard it is to lose a special pet. I hope this little sweetheart gives you a special bond and you have many years together. 👍

Dude Love will be getting fixed in October

View attachment 65233
Got a story for you. In February of 1982, our family got a Welsh Corgi puppy that we named, Sir Warren B.A. Bear. He was the funniest canine we had ever one across. When he was old enough, and particular body parts large enough, he went in for a "snip" job. We went to pick him up later in the day and walked to the kennel cage in the vet's office where they had him for observation until he came out of the anesthesia, and he refused to look at us. All the way home, my Bride holding him and me driving, and he refused to look at us. We got in the house and he walked to a corner in the kitchen and sat, facing the wall, and periodically he turned his head and gave us a withering, dirty look. It was as if he were sending a message, "you basta&ds!! You've ruined my life!"
Somewhere I have a picture of that look and will post it if it can be found after three moves.
Anyway, good luck to Brownie!! And remember, Brownie. It's for your own good. :rolleyes:

Amy flosses Brownies teeth.
He thinks it is a game of catching the string and then she pulls it through his teeth.

It looks like it didn't take Brownie long to get comfy. DARN but I miss not having a dog. Until it rains or is cold and the wind blowing. Then those thoughts rapidly leave my mind. 😁

At 2.5 years now and he stays at about 20 lbs except when my brother keeps him for us when we are out on town.
When he is at my brothers he in the the cruise ship mode or endless bufett mode and jumps up to 21 lbs or almost 22 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom