NFL 2019-2020

Place your bets football fans how soon does Andy start cursing Nick Foles.

Here is the list of rules change proposals that will be considered for next year. Notably the competition committee, of which Sean Payton is a prominent member :D, is proposing to make pass interference, roughing the passer, and defenseless player personal fouls reviewable. The Chiefs are proposing that both teams should get an overtime possession even if the team that wins the coin toss scores a TD. The Broncos want some alternative to an onside kick that would allow a team to retain possession after a score (bad idea IMO, just go back to the pre-2018 rules that made onside kicks virtually impossible).

Though it would be funny if a team could score a TD and then elect to keep the ball by starting with a 4th and 10 from their own 20 yard line, or some such nonsense.

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/football-ops/2019-playing-rules-proposals/

I’m just glad the NFL isn’t putting weights on the QB’s arm to reduce power and heavy shoes on the players to increase drag and downforce.

It is a good idea to have each team guaranteed a possession in OT. No problem with being able to review roughing the passer etc and fuggetaboutit with an onside kick alternative. The Broncos should worry more about drafting and developing a QB that can keep them ahead in games in the 4th quarter.

Place your bets football fans how soon does Andy start cursing Nick Foles.

Foles is a good QB but needs to be in the right system. He doesn’t need to become the next Kirk Cousins. Looking forward to the day Foles retires as an Eagle and given the key to the city.

I personally think they should play a 10-minute overtime period. Most games that go to OT are played for that long anyway now, given the posession requirement. If the toss winning team can manage to chew up 10 minutes and kick a FG, so be it. That would be extremely unlikely, and more likely is that there would be multiple possessions and some shootouts. It would be both more entertaining and a purer contest that is less dependent on the coin toss. That would still matter, but not as much.

If they're still tied after 10 minutes in the regular season, it's a tie. In the playoffs, they keep playing 10 minute periods.

There's nothing wrong with NFL overtime as it is in my opinion.
A lot of people want to see the college OT system brought to the NFL, but I hope it never happens. I have no desire to see NFL games end 81-78 in 7 overtimes.

A lot of people want to see the college OT system brought to the NFL, but I hope it never happens. I have no desire to see NFL games end 81-78 in 7 overtimes.

I think the NCAA OT system is really hacky, like deciding extra innings baseball with a home run derby (not to give Rob Manfred any ideas).

I believe a shortened non-sudden death period would be less dependent on luck and chance, and potentially more exciting without bastardizing the game. But that's just me.

I think the NCAA OT system is really hacky, like deciding extra innings baseball with a home run derby (not to give Rob Manfred any ideas).

I believe a shortened non-sudden death period would be less dependent on luck and chance, and potentially more exciting without bastardizing the game. But that's just me.
I thought overtime was already at 10 minutes? Didn’t the NFL shorten it to that a year or two ago?

I thought overtime was already at 10 minutes? Didn’t the NFL shorten it to that a year or two ago?

You're right, I somehow forgot about that, duh. The real difference though is that in my suggestion, the entire period is played no matter what. This changes the strategy considerably, and for all intents and purposes guarantees that both teams will get possessions.

Some teams would be hellbent on scoring quickly and often, others would be trying to manage the clock. It would more resemble a miniature game.

Rob Gronkowski has retired.

Thanks for everything Gronk. You were awsome on the field and seemed a genuine nice guy off of it.

Best tight end of all time.

The Bucs not having a home between 9/22-11/10 is one of the most asinine things this league has ever done.

After looking at that crowd downtown, I’m glad I chose to stay home to watch the draft tonight. Traffic around here has been pretty crazy today.

Kyler Murray to the Cardinals, kinda sucks that they’re giving Josh Rosen the boot after playing one year behind a terrible offensive line.

Lol at the Los Oakland Vegas Raiders....Clelin Ferrell was projected as a late 1st rounder and they take him 4th. They probably could have gotten him at 24.

ABC: We've been saying all day Bosa and Williams are the best players in the draft.

NO YOU HAVEN'T. YOU SAID KYLER MURRAY WAS THE GREATEST ATHLETE IN HISTORY!

ABC: We've been saying all day Bosa and Williams are the best players in the draft.

NO YOU HAVEN'T. YOU SAID KYLER MURRAY WAS THE GREATEST ATHLETE IN HISTORY!
I might be wrong, but I think Kyler Murray is gonna be a bust. Everybody thinks he’s automatically gonna be the next Russell Wilson, but I don’t see it.

I might be wrong, but I think Kyler Murray is gonna be a bust. Everybody thinks he’s automatically gonna be the next Russell Wilson, but I don’t see it.

To say Kyler Murray is a better athlete than Russell Wilson is in itself an insult. Wilson is really really really good. My favorite quarterback, except when he plays against the Jags. If I was a coach and I had my pick of quarterbacks, that's who I'd take.

c86a0285763628f4f09312b48bf7f0d2_crop_exact.jpg
19 years ago.

I heard Gin Blossoms playing in the background of ABC's coverage when they interviewed Patrick Mahomes. That was, by a mile, the high point of the ABC telecast.
The ESPN coverage is a lot better. I switched to ABC for a couple minutes and switched right back.

Jacksonville's pick came in and ABC ...... went to Taylor Swift.

The disrespect for this franchise is so real.

Swiftie is cute though.

Back
Top Bottom