NFL 2020-21

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Guess I'll open up this year's thread with the latest in the turmoil in Jacksonville.

They're going to franchise tag Yannick Ngakoue and are trying to trade Nick Foles one year after giving him an $88 million contract as they have decided Gardner Minshew is their quarterback. That comes one year after trading Blake Bortles away a year after giving him a massive contract.

:lol2:

Are there any cowboys fans in here that think paying Dak is a mistake? Can McCarthy make him better? I haven't seen many cowboys games.

The Jaguars are a frigging dumpster fire. Looks like they're going to trade the entire team away and try to build a new team from scratch in a draft (that may not happen) where nobody's able to evaluate these players' skills.

I like you. We're friends now.

Also, **** expanding the playoffs. Now it doesn't feel special in any ******* sport to make it...

Aren't they eyeing expansion?

They want a team in London for sure. Jags should just pack up and move there now and end the misery.

Also, **** expanding the playoffs. Now it doesn't feel special in any ******* sport to make it...

I mean, at least now a team that deserves to make it probably will, when other wise they wouldn't. Sometimes a ****** team makes it, cause their whole division sucks, but a team who played way better doesn't because of the fact they didn't win their division or a wildcard. That **** can suck.

I hope the player's secured significant enough compensation long-term for accepting more wear and tear over the life of their career, will likely result in shorter careers in pure number of years. I don't like it, and now the single season record books will be cooked with 17 game season, that was 1 constant they had going for them with the 16 game season. Ah well, my outrage will burnout fast.

The Steelers actually would have been the biggest beneficiary of the added playoff team over the last decade. They would have gone to the playoffs in 2012, 2013, 2018, and 2019 had there been a 7 seed.

The Steelers actually would have been the biggest beneficiary of the added playoff team over the last decade. They would have gone to the playoffs in 2012, 2013, 2018, and 2019 had there been a 7 seed.

Don't care. Should've beaten the Ratbirds.

c6d8f8f9e9af51dec47f3577e167ae44.jpg

Don't care. Should've beaten the Ratbirds.

Like I mentioned before. What about teams that miss, but a team with a way way worse record makes it, because divisions.

Like I mentioned before. What about teams that miss, but a team with a way way worse record makes it, because divisions.

Them's the breaks. You can keep playing the "well this team deserves it for XYZ" reason until over half the field makes it like in the NBA.

Them's the breaks. You can keep playing the "well this team deserves it for XYZ" reason until over half the field makes it like in the NBA.
As I alluded to earlier in the thread, expanding to 14 now isn’t really any different than when they expanded to 12 in 1990 when there were 28 teams. In both instances the percentage the teams make the playoffs is in the low 40’s. 16 I’d have a problem with, but 14 is fine IMO.

So the Panthers when they went 7-8 they deserved it more than Eagles who was 10-6? Only other team who missed who was better was the 49ers at 8-8. Everyone else’s tied them or did worse. Now the Eagles actually would make it which IMO, is well deserved for actually having a winning record.

As I alluded to earlier in the thread, expanding to 14 now isn’t really any different than when they expanded to 12 in 1990 when there were 28 teams. In both instances the percentage the teams make the playoffs is in the low 40’s. 16 I’d have a problem with, but 14 is fine IMO.

Fair enough. I'm only old enough to have seriously started watching in 2009, so.

What a stupid trade for Houston. Hopkins is one of the best two or three receivers in the league. They didn't get nearly enough back in that deal IMO. Not even sure why they wanted to deal him to begin with.

My Browns are having a good day. Just added the best available TE (Hooper) and the best tackle (Conklin) as well as a solid backup QB (Keenum). I'm very satisfied with those moves.

What a stupid trade for Houston. Hopkins is one of the best two or three receivers in the league. They didn't get nearly enough back in that deal IMO. Not even sure why they wanted to deal him to begin with.
It’s pretty mind boggling. They traded a WR that consistently produces no matter who the QB is for an RB that had one good year.

It’s pretty mind boggling. They traded a WR that consistently produces no matter who the QB is for an RB that had one good year.

Every time I watched a Texans game, Hopkins was routinely making incredible catches that very few receivers could ever make. And Hopkins did it several times a game without dropping a pass. I think Deshaun Watson is going to miss him badly.

Aren't they eyeing expansion?

They want a team in London for sure. Jags should just pack up and move there now and end the misery.
Toronto is more likely before London. St Louis getting a team again is also more likely to happen before London getting a team.

I hope the player's secured significant enough compensation long-term for accepting more wear and tear over the life of their career, will likely result in shorter careers in pure number of years. I don't like it, and now the single season record books will be cooked with 17 game season, that was 1 constant they had going for them with the 16 game season. Ah well, my outrage will burnout fast.
Nothing compares to the CBA baseball players have. At least to me it seems the players sold out long term benefits for short term benefits...again.

Count me down as not in favor of an expanded playoff either. Not quite as bloated as the NBA and NHL, but still...you already had the opportunity to get in with winning your division and then getting one of two wild cards.

And how is an odd schedule supposed to work? Will everyone have a neutral site game or will they rotate each year having 8 or 9 home games?

Damn, didn’t expect to see this when I got up earlier this morning. It definitely hurts but I’m not nearly as upset about it as thought I would be if he left. I would have loved to have seen him for at least one final year, but if he does decide to finally fall apart as a QB, better somewhere else rather than in New England. Good luck Tom, I’ll be rooting for you(and if you do go TB, beat the hell out of the Saints for me).

Bill O'Brien special.

They are trusting in the depth of the WR position in the draft IMO. Not to mention, Fuller is damn near always hurt. They need receivers in Houston badly.

Hopkins draws so much attention from the secondary, hard to replace with a 2nd round pick, opened up things for the rest of their wr core and Watson. Age 27 WR in his prime with an affordable contract remaining, for 28 year old RB with year long injury history.

Makes me think they know something medical on him we don't. It's nutty.

Belichick has to be trying to figure out how he can mad scientist his way into getting Jimmy G back, who was always his handpicked guy.

Back
Top Bottom