Nico Rosberg is the 2016 Formula 1 world champion, but does he deserve it?

Of course.

But put your suit back on Rosberg. Jeez

Something wierd is going on within that team though. I haven't seem this bad of a chemistry within a team since Rossi and Lorenzo in GP Moto racing. It's just so toxic and it seems like the team owners are with Rosberg.

Hamilton is being treated with little respect for a 3 time world champ.

Of course.

But put your suit back on Rosberg. Jeez

Something wierd is going on within that team though. I haven't seem this bad of a chemistry within a team since Rossi and Lorenzo in GP Moto racing. It's just so toxic and it seems like the team owners are with Rosberg.

Hamilton is being treated with little respect for a 3 time world champ.

He did act like a bit of a a-hole yesterday during the press conference, he basically tried to act like he didn't care about losing... Yet, he obviously cared about losing.

Nico did something that not a lot of so called "Number twos" could not do. Barrichello couldn't, Coulthard couldn't, Moss, Irvine, Massa, etc in winning a championship. That in itself is quite the accomplishment and I think extremely loyal Hamliton fans are a bit uptight about it.

It is a bit of a silly debate but some of the stats are interesting.
The most important stat is that Hamilton lost 25 points ( and Rosberg gained 3) due to his engine failure at Malaysia.
That engine failure was the only technical issue that forced a car to retire Mercedes had this year and Hamilton would have won the title without it.
And it's a little bit annoying for me German media writes about ,,the first German F1 champion in a German car ever''.
Rosberg grew up in Monaco and the Mercedes F1 cars are built in Brackley, England:rolleyes:.

Yeah man, those dudes clearly don't like each other at all. I saw that video montage of all their little dust-ups that they played during the race. That was crazy.

I dunno the history as far as the team bosses go, if there is any, but just going by the last race, I don't think they were necessarily favoring Rosberg over Hamilton. I just think they didn't want to see any shenanigans that would potentially create a scenario where both guys wrecked or something, especially since that has happened in the past.

As for the championship "debate," I'll just say this: F1 doesn't have a Chase. The champion is the driver who scores the most points over an entire season's worth of races. Rosberg did exactly that this year. Therefore, he deserves the championship.

No. but he doesn't care and if I were in his position I wouldn't care either. If Eli manning can have two super bowl rings, I guess nico rosberg can have one championship

I am re-watching the 2008 season and I have to say, what the hell happened between Nico and Lewis?

They were like best friends.

Back
Top Bottom