Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway Pre-Race Thread

Sadly Bristol is notorious for this. When I went several years ago I booked the day the NASCAR schedule came out and got a very reasonable rate before they raised their prices

I did the same, but it was still something like $400/night to stay at a Super 8 about 30 miles from the track (Kingsport). I believe this was in 2015.

A few years later, I got tickets to Martinsville the day they announced the schedule and managed to get at a room at the Hampton Inn about 15 minutes from the track, for just $120. I couldn't believe it. Unfortunately, I've tried that a few times since and they are always booked. I'm assuming people within the sport have early access to the schedule so team members/media/sponsors/etc can make travel arrangements before it gets out to the public. Regardless, I got really lucky that year

I checked into renting a Camper set in place ready to go for the race week. $8500.00. Not happening!

Yikes! That's crazy.

Hopefully there are cheaper campground options near the track for people who bring their own campers?

Yikes! That's crazy.

Hopefully there are cheaper campground options near the track for people who bring their own campers?

There are reasonably priced camper sites for sure. The outfit I checked out only had pusher coaches for rent (they advertised regular campers but, they did not have any), it included set up, generator, tent chairs tables potty service and was to be all set up on the drag strip side camp grounds but. All I had to do was show up. $8500.00 for 4 days, hell naw! BTW, that price did not include a kiss.

$400.00 a night for a Super 8! Damit man.:whoopee:

Back
Top Bottom