Nitro f/c

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
Matt Hagen is the first f/c in the 3s. He runs 3.995 in Charlotte last night.

He pushed the head gaskets out on the next pass and missed backing his time up by 3 thousands of a second. So it is not a world record yet.

1,000' sucks and the Countdown sucks worse.
I wasn't excited about the 1000' when we first changed over either, but it is what it is, and we save a lot of money in parts, and it is a lot safer, and I get paid the same no matter how far they run.

You think they will be changing things again to slow them down????
They might because Matt just did his 1% back up with a 4.01 and also ran 322.27mph. That is a lot of mph. That will definitley get NHRAs attention.

They might because Matt just did his 1% back up with a 4.01 and also ran 322.27mph. That is a lot of mph. That will definitley get NHRAs attention.
3.20 to a 3.30 gear?

Maybe they can go to a 8 lug axle/rim at the same time...

3.20 to a 3.30 gear?

Maybe they can go to a 8 lug axle/rim at the same time...
The one change that we will be mandated for 2012 is a different style center in the wheels for t/f and f/c. The new centers are designed to put all the stress on the hubs instead of the studs. This should keep us from shearing off wheel studs. I don't know what their next step will be as far as slowing us down.

The one change that we will be mandated for 2012 is a different style center in the wheels for t/f and f/c. The new centers are designed to put all the stress on the hubs instead of the studs. This should keep us from shearing off wheel studs. I don't know what their next step will be as far as slowing us down.
any drawings or specs for the new wheels?

Thinking about it, with the nature of the nitro motors (you will obviously know more than me), they can't drop the gear, because that will just excacerbate track issues, and engines will be pulling more RPM in the traps = more breakage. They can't add gear, because the engines will be going under load sooner (even if they change clutch timers, they'll still be pulling the motor down on the gears), drop cylinders = more breakage. They can't add more rear wing because that will impose more load on the tire, changing it's dynamic properties. They can't add more front downforce, that will unload the back of the car, and imbalance the dynamic balance.

The only thing they can really do without $%^$^ing things up, is take away blower overdrive.

Here's the thing to look at: How many passes were made in charlotte, close to the 330 MPH mark in the 1000 ft? We were running that in the 1320 when they cut it back. All that did was make the CC's bring the clutches in sooner and turn the cars more into rocketships. No question they'd be going a good 345 at the quarter, the way they're running now.

I did a search for 2012 NHRA wheel rim and nothing relevant came up. also tried +wheel, +rim, and +wheel +rim.

I did a search for 2012 NHRA wheel rim and nothing relevant came up. also tried +wheel, +rim, and +wheel +rim.
After the season is over then we will purchase 3 new sets of wheels. When I get more info I will let you know.

Back
Top Bottom