nitrous push to pass, why not?

hidesert cowboy

Team Owner
after watching the freedom 500, they put 10# nitrous bottles in the cars, They only did like a 50hp shot of nitrous because that is inside the limits of the stock vehicles fuel injection system. I got to thinking WHY NOT do the same thing in nascar?!? They are running these cars with engines that are chocked down to 550 hp. This is to promote the draft effect on the cars so they can suck up and use the side draft and other features of the draft. There is also a nice cost cutting factor of using only 550 hp, these engines don't need to be as expensive as they were when running uncorked.

in a carburated engine of years gone by a nitrous system was much more complex. You typically had to also add a fuel solenoid to add fuel at the same time the nitrous was sprayed. However with fuel injection the engines should be able to be set to deal with a moderate shot of nitrous. What I am saying in these nascar engines should be able to handle a pretty simple shot of nitrous. This would be a wild card for larger tracks like michigan, pocono, and the 1.5 mile tracks. when to use the shot and managing it would be a factor. you get the best of both worlds cars that run close together but have the ability at certain times to use a little something to gain a temporary advantage.

where they are running the 750 hp engines, on the short tracks and i think road courses, the nitrous setup would be of no good use, so leave the rules alone there.

Wait until they add energy regeneration under braking and use that battery as a boost for power.

Back
Top Bottom