no. 11 car painted to honor Kulwicki at Bristol

B

bowtie

http://www.nascar.com/2003/news/headlines/...icki/index.html

Hoosters Resturants will run a memorial car in the Nascar Winston Cup Race at Bristol Motor Speedway on March 23.

The car is in honor of those lost in a tragic plane crash on April 1,1993 heading to Bristol, which claimed the lives of Nascar Winston Cup ChampionAlan Kulwicki, Mark Brooks (son of Hooters chairman Bob Brooks), Dan Duncan (Vice President of Motorsports Marketing for Hooters) and company pilot Charlie Campbell.

The Bristol event marks the 10th Anniversary of the fallen champions and the platinum anniversary of the Hooters Restaurants. The first Hooters Resturant opened 20 years ago in Clearwater, Fla., and was incorporated on April 1, 1983.

The No. 11 Hooters Ford will run a special paint scheme of platinum (the 20th Anniversary is considered the platinum anniversary) and orange with the Hooters 20th anniversary logo on the sides of the race car and a special Four Champions Memorial crest on the hood. The memorial crest displays the initials of the four men lost in the plane crash and features the slogan "We Race In Their Memory."

Its a privilege to drive for Hooters again this year, but a very special honor to be able to run this very special paint scheme ay Bristol to commemorate the fallen champions. To me, this is what racing is all about... celebrating milestones and remembering our heroes'" stated no. 11 driver Brett Bodine.

A poster of the Hooters Bristol car with the memorial crest will support the significance of the commemorative car and will be avalible prior to race weekend at Hooters Resturants across the country. The poster will also be sold at the Hooters team merchandise trailer at Bristol.

Hooters has honored the memory of Alan Kulwicki and the others over the past 10 years in addition to the memorial crest and commemorative car.

Each fall Hooters host the annual Hooters Memorial Cup Golf Tournament at White WaterCountry Club in Fayetteville, Ga. This tournament has raised over $2 million for scholarships, which are named for the four individuals, to Clemson University's Brooks Institute for Sports SCiences Study.

Attachments

• kulwicki_poster.jpg
    kulwicki_poster.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 46
I saw that a few days ago!! That car is very nice looking!! I think it would be cool for Brett to use that silver color all year!!! But i bet it costs to much!!

I saw that a few days ago!! That car is very nice looking!! I think it would be cool for Brett to use that silver color all year!!! But i bet it costs to much!!

Even If he did use it all year It would only be the few races that he entered in.

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years already...I hope they make a diecast of Brett's car. Still, I'll get the poster when I'm down there.

It does seem hard to believe it's been 10 years.

The car looks good and it is a nice tribute. I hope Brett is able to make the field. He doesn't have enough points to get him in the field this weekend, so he will have to get in on time.

Maybe they could a driver in the car that would have a better chance of making it all the way through the race so we could enjoy it a little longer.

Originally posted by mlitefan01@Mar 19 2003, 11:05 AM
Maybe they could a driver in the car that would have a better chance of making it all the way through the race so we could enjoy it a little longer.
Sometimes it's not the driver...it's the lack of sponsorship $$$. I'm not saying that Brett could go out and win a race, but I do believe he is better than he has shown the past few seasons.

Back
Top Bottom