No 28 all season

The #28 car.....

Lots of mixed thoughts on this one at the moment.

NASCAR.com article aggravates me right off the bat. How could they not mention the 60's Lafayette Ford's driven by Fred Lorenzen? Guess they still don't like to acknowledge there was racing before RJR. That silver white car with sky blue graphics remains one of my best memories.

All in all the Texaco cars and Davey are most firmly in my mind. Doubt that will ever change, don't believe I want it to either.

After last seasons debacle, it would not have pleased me to see Rudd keep the number, and while I might have no problem with Sadler sporting it, not so sure I would be thrilled by an m&m's paint scheme. Had Ganassi put the Havoline colors on it with one of his rookies, that would have been ok.

Hopefully it will come back and do its memory proud.....I can wait.

Look for it to come back next year with a new sponsor with Yates i can almost guarantee it. :D

That Car is Jinxed. Maybe Its a good thing that # isn't being used anymore!

Unforgivable that the Fred was not mentioned .I love the cars and drivers of that era.Just sad.

A 'do not assign' status?Interesting,though I am still a little confused by that...

I remember a decade ago,I was actually tickled to see ol' Lake Speed get his turn at the wheel.Had high hopes for him for a while there :)

Anyway,the spirit of the 28,and all it's different drivers will live on in one form or the other.

I belive I heard them say that this was the first Daytona ever. That didn't have the 3 and the 28 in it.

It won't be too long before Yates will build a third team with the number 28 back on it. Hopefully he'll put Harvick in it too...

Harvick. I would love for him to be in a Ford. He couldn't go to Roush cause of the killer B's.

I too noticed the omission of Lorenzen. NASCAR is making it painfully obvious that the past is of no consequence, all eyes are on the future only. That's gonna bite 'em someday.

Back
Top Bottom