No bonehead of the week?

For Bubba to have committed the ultimate racing sin at a pretty high speed, I do find it a bit odd that the general public is WAY more outraged than the guy that it happened to. In fact, I didn't really sense any anger from Larson. Just said it wasn't the smartest thing to do but otherwise seemed fine with it. It was a good interview, but damn how are you not completely pissed off? I know his disposition is generally calm, but that is strange to me that not even that incident would ignite something inside of him.
I honestly think Larson has held that he owed Bubba a "pass". Why? Let's go back two years to when Larson was suspended for his language in that online race. Bubba said in interviews that he talked with Larson and accepted his apologies and all was good between them. That could be worth some social currency to him. That and he and Bubba go back a long way.

Another thought about why Larson went easy...I'm sure we all have that one good friend that...well they just lose their sh*t sometimes. We don't like it, and they always come around to make good...so it's friendship that allows them a break.

In response to 2.
I think Larson is aware how much trouble Bubba was bringing upon himself and was trying to downplay it and act as if Larson had it coming for the way he raced hard into the corner...... to help his friend not suffer so many consequences.
That's what I'm saying.

I'm thinking of my best friend, and how I would act in this situation if I were Larson and he were Bubba.

Probably not that differently from Larson.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That's what I'm saying.

I'm thinking of my best friend, and how I would act in this situation if I were Larson and he were Bubba.

Probably not that differently from Larson.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
If my best friend was bubba and we went thru that, I would be looking for a new best friend.

Back
Top Bottom