No deal

See Tony, you should have waved the green at Homestead. You pissed the man off! ;)

Briscoe remains in the playoffs anyway, at least for one more week.

Remember, kiddies, the question isn't why the board upheld the penalty; it's why NASCAR singled out this instance. Drivers let teammates in front of them on many restarts, and willingly stay behind them at every plate race.

Briscoe remains in the playoffs anyway, at least for one more week.

Remember, kiddies, the question isn't why the board upheld the penalty; it's why NASCAR singled out this instance. Drivers let teammates in front of them on many restarts, and willingly stay behind them at every plate race.

Team orders don't/shouldn't happen on the final lap of the race.

I’m okay with shenanigans like this being penalized but let’s maybe keep this energy for every other case where there’s some intent and instruction to give less than 100% then.

I’m okay with shenanigans like this being penalized but let’s maybe keep this energy for every other case where there’s some intent and instruction to give less than 100% then.
Homestead truck race was JUST as blatant as this but it’s not cup so NASCAR gives no f****

No doubt, but others equally as deserving are overlooked almost weekly. 100% effort doesn't have a sliding scale. It's NASCAR's standard, not mine.
I think Dega and Daytona are immune from this type of penalty simply because of the nature of the beast and this penalty was really a boneheaded move by Shiplett and he cut his own throat.

Reactions: sdj
Supposedly this.
Not even in the same stratosphere as the Custer/Briscoe debacle. NASCAR had an easy call just from the radio transmission and the data for 1 lap. Trying to play detective over a multi lap run with traffic involved, laps on tires etc... isnt a clear cut call.

Not even in the same stratosphere as the Custer/Briscoe debacle. NASCAR had an easy call just from the radio transmission and the data for 1 lap. Trying to play detective over a multi lap run with traffic involved, laps on tires etc... isnt a clear cut call.
Rhodes drove into the wall with Crafton right behind him one lap, and it was visible to the naked eye that Crafton lifted to not pass him. The 99 made mistake after mistake. Got sideways once or twice a lap, and Crafton had been the fastest truck on the track before he caught him.

Rhodes drove into the wall with Crafton right behind him one lap, and it was visible to the naked eye that Crafton lifted to not pass him. The 99 made mistake after mistake. Got sideways once or twice a lap, and Crafton had been the fastest truck on the track before he caught him.
That, and coming to the line they was side by side and it really looked as if Matt backed off a bit not to beat him

NASCAR cant make calls like that. It has to be egregious or verifiable by communication. Fast cars/Trucks dont always stay fast, they can fall off for multiple reasons.

And this is why I think Nascar has no credibility. At Talladega they had Toyota's giving up positions to get the 19 stage points. At Bristol the 22 and 23 literally quit the race to help other teams out. But telling a guy to "check up, check up!" that crosses the line????

NASCAR cant make calls like that. It has to be egregious or verifiable by communication. Fast cars/Trucks dont always stay fast, they can fall off for multiple reasons.

Yeah and 2 teammates helping each other out with other drivers on the lead lap seconds apart isn’t the same as a teammate blocking another driver so another teammate can get helped.

Back
Top Bottom