No Ford in IndyCar anytime soon

Previous reports on the topic have said that IndyCar requires the manufacturers to spend a specific amount of dollars nationally advertising IndyCar. I think that's a hard sell.

Previous reports on the topic have said that IndyCar requires the manufacturers to spend a specific amount of dollars nationally advertising IndyCar. I think that's a hard sell.

Yeah and what's funny is I don't see a lot of advertising. Where is it all at?

I've seen Chevrolet IndyCar commercials. No Honda ones though.

If IndyCar wants to get up the ratings and attendance they need to advertise more. Build up hype. A lot of people I know didn't even know the season started. The tracks are good, the cars are badass and the racing is good. Why the ratings are so low I don't know. I think Pockrass said the Indy GP got a .9 rating. :eek:

I guess the Indianapolis 500 makes up for it all.

If IndyCar wants to get up the ratings and attendance they need to advertise more. Build up hype. A lot of people I know didn't even know the season started. The tracks are good, the cars are badass and the racing is good. Why the ratings are so low I don't know. I think Pockrass said the Indy GP got a .9 rating. :eek:

I guess the Indianapolis 500 makes up for it all.
That's why this series is driving me to drink. I'm watching it die, yet, post-Wheldon, the turbo V6s are creating the most exciting, competitive racing there has been in American open wheel racing in years.

I'd love to see Cosworth back at Indy. I sure wish Ford would jump back in with them. It would bring back the good ol' days wouldn't it?

Back
Top Bottom