No More Tears 300

Good article 71. As much as I hate it.......some of the best drivers are bitching about something they themselves failed to conquer. They'll get over it I'm sure.:)

Truly amazing,isn't it?I try to see things from the driver's point of view,but give me a break.I respect these guys for what they do,yes,but the 'media-era'[the only name that fits the current era]HAS produced a lot of complaining and whining from the guys.Just a by-product of our times,I guess.I just can not imagine some of the old timers carrying on like this,though.

JMO,but I don't think Cale or Red were ever like this!Maybe something else we should all consider when we are comparing 'legends'.

Originally posted by 97forever
Truly amazing,isn't it?I try to see things from the driver's point of view,but give me a break.I respect these guys for what they do,yes,but the 'media-era'[the only name that fits the current era]HAS produced a lot of complaining and whining from the guys.Just a by-product of our times,I guess.I just can not imagine some of the old timers carrying on like this,though.

JMO,but I don't think Cale or Red were ever like this!Maybe something else we should all consider when we are comparing 'legends'.

Well put 97!!:beerchug:

That track stinks!
That wasn't a good race & Anyone that thinks other wise needs glasses!
in the 10 years that the WCup cars have gone there there hasn't been a good race.
A good race would constst of cars side by side for laps ! not 2 seconds while one of them is fighting for the better line & the other trying to get back in line so they don't go to the rear.

I keep reading where there's a bunch of whiners! I'd say that the people that paid good money to watch that race are pretty desperate to see one in there back yard cause that's not racing!

That track needs serious reconfiguring or taken off the schedule!

If the lead changes are what makes a race good like some are saying then that should be the ones under green flag racing & not from who pitted & who didn't.

That was a terrible race! That's not racing! That's greed for money!

:)

I thought it was a fair race......and I already wear glasses. Maybe I need a new prescription?:D

Just my opinion and we know about opinions. but unless that writer was in one of those cars on that track under those conditions he has no room to make judgement on any drivers comments. He actually has no clue what is was like to be out there. So he should just keep his mouth shut.:justevil:. I have seen better races and i certainly hope when they return there the problem is solved so we dont have to watch 60+ laps wasted on cautions. I am sure those fans that paid their hard earned money wanted to see the cars have more green flag racing. I know i would have. Well that is just my opinion. Otherwise everyone have a great day.

60 out of 300 on a one mile flat ain't really all that bad. I watched plenty of ASA races that have run close to that. I watched Southwest Tour races in person that have run in that range. Have watched Mechanix Wear Speed Truck races in person that have run in that range. It's the nature of the flat track beast.

If I could arrange an east coast swing to watch racing, NHIS, along with others would be one of the tracks I would want to go to. And I ain't desperate.

I thought it was one of the best races of the year.

a lot of these newer drivers just dont know what its like to perform all day on a not so premier track. GET OVER IT! Just do what it takes to win:)

No other series of motorsports would allow their cars to race on garbage tracks. NASCAR does it year in and year out.

In F1, the tracks are maintained to perfection...

More proof that NASCAR is just a dog and pony show. Get the pretty boys out there to parade around for the fans, crash a few dozen times and who cares about the technology or running on decent tracks.

The drivers have every right to complain, they don't get to choose the tracks they race on...they are just told where to go. NASCAR doesn't care if the track is complete trash, because frankly 90% of the fans don't care either. They just want to cheer for their favorite celebrity and boo the big bad villian.

Let's see...Kyle petty doesn't have any reason to complain, it wasn't the tracks fault he drove it up inot the wall...Tony Stewart, we all know what a lousy driver he is, the track can't be blamed for him running into the wall....nope, no real reason for the drivers to be "whining" this article was in another thread too, I'll stick by what I said in that thread, the author is a halfwit!!

It will all be forgotten in time,Its not the first time a track has been blamed.Adjust to the elements,and track conditions is part of the challenge.These are fender buggys not open wheel cars.Hell they use to race on sand,and a good time was had by all.That's the way we fans want it,There was more action at N.H. than ever,Would I have liked tearing my 100g race car up?no,but that's Nascar racing at it's best,And once again we all hope nobody gets killed.;)

Far from racing at it's best.

Is it NASCAR at it's usual? Yes. Not racing at it's best, by any means.

Ahh but it was paul. That race was as good as they get.

Sure the drivers have every right to complain. And they have every right not to race if they don't want to. It all comes down to personal choice and the drivers DO have a choice.
Just as you have a choice, and I have a choice as to our life's work. Driving a racecar is far less dangerous than what I do for a living. And believe me, any fall from tall steel makes for a very sudden stop.

You know what the most dangerous work out there is? It's mining. To be exact, coal mining. Construction ain't nothin next to mining, and racecar driving ain't nothing next to construction.

A friend of mine puts it this way....if the cars too fast, yer too old.

theres several tracks in nascar that have there problems, its sad really nascar is supose to be a profesional sport but they race on tracks that dont even look like there good enough for amatuer. 71fan look at the restricter plate tracks they have a big one everytime but duh....... no one can figure out something to stop it. Nascar is jsut like WWE now.

Plate stuff ain't the track either smack. Even ol Dave Marcis showed his age when he started yakking about nascar haveing to slow the cars down. But it ain't the tracks.

Crashes of any sort can be caused by any number of things, but tracks are just tracks. When a guy takes a fall off a building it's never the steels fault. Maybe his safety stuff wasn't up to par, or he doesn't have it on right. Maybe he tripped over his own shoelace. Maybe the wind came up and he lost his balance. Maybe the dude got too used to walking on 8 inch wide steel instead of four. Whole lots of things contribute to a fall. But it ain't the steels fault. Steel is just steel. And there is no such thing as "safe" high steel. And there is no such thing as a "safe" track.

nascar mandates a given hard as a rock tire. nascar mandates a given hard as a rock front shock. nascar mandates a hard as a rock frame. and nascar mandates a hard as a rock wall.

If some folks don't like flat track racing, cool. If some of the drivers don't like flat track racing, cool. I don't have a problem with that. But I do have a problem with drivers and fans blaming this or that track for something that is simply not the tracks or it's surfaces fault. Human error. it all comes back to human error. Every time.

Back
Top Bottom