No muppets at track explanation

P

pettyfan4life

There are no muppets at the track because the muppets are teamed up with the coke drivers. But the track is sponsored by Tropicana witch is made by Pepsi so Pepsi wont allow their competition to be advertising at the track. But why aint Kyle Petty(a coke family driver) teamed up with a muppet?

when i go to Daytona i always laugh because the serve Pepsi and have Pepsi logos on the Jumbo-tron's, while the announcers thank Coke for being the official drink of NASCAR

pettyfan, I don't think it's exclusively a tie-in with the Coke drivers. Steve Park and Mikey Waltrip don't have muppets either, and they're Coke drivers. Jimmy Spencer has a muppet, and he's not a Coke driver.

ParkHere I just got that off of www.jayski.com I ment to cite him but it sliped my mind and i dont beleive he told where he got that from.

Just read the blurb at jayskis, and the Coke tie-in explanation still doesn't make sense to me. Jeremy Mayfield and Casey Atwood have muppet cars, and they promote Pepsi products. Jimmy Spencer and Johnny Benson also have muppet cars, and they don't promote soft drinks to my knowledge.

You would think they would have had all legal issues out of the way *before* they announced the whole promotion...

Spencer has a Coke logo on his car, but he's not in the "coke family of drivers"

When will they run the muppets paint scheme? I don't think I remember seeing them yet. I think spencer's car should have gonzo on it. Seems like a perfect fit. :p What muppet does he have?

sgbg, the muppets are this weekend at Chicago. Not sure if Gonzo is on anyone's car; Jimmy has Animal. :)

Originally posted by sgbg88
Animal's the one who eats anything in site right?

sgbg........want me to quote your Jimmy Spencer fan application from last night in the Chrome Horn? How is that fan club anyway? They have donuts and hot chocolate at the meetings?:D

Not sure about his eating habits, but he is the drummer in the band, which of course I can't remember the name of right now!

This is the stupidest thing- i saw Jarrett during qualifying complaining about it as well as Tony Stewart~at least this racetrack is getting some bad publicity lol

Now I thought you would have already known what they serve.

You are the President of that said fan club! In fact are you not

the charter member of that fan club?:p Surely you're not the only

member but then again not everybody is as bold as you and

admit their lack of good taste in front of others!:D

Now I thought you would have already known what they serve.  

You are the President of that said fan club!  In fact are you not  

the charter member of that fan club?:p Surely you're not the only  

member but then again not everybody is as bold as you and  

admit their lack of good taste in front of others!:D

I've been told "All my taste is in my mouth"!!:D

* No Muppets at the track? now this makes no sense, seems there is some battle going on between ISC (who owns ChicagoLand Speedway) and the Muppet people and characters not being allowed on speedway property. ?? Tony Stewart mentioned during an interview how ridiculous it is after having the paint schemes on the track, selling the diecasts and making folks buy tickets for all the races. Dale Jarrett said the same thing and feels they are being 'jerks' about it. See my Muppet Paint Schemes/PR page for the car images and news.
An Explanation? hearing the reason is that the Muppets are tied in with Coke and Chicago is a Pepsi-Tropicana (Pepsi owned) track. It's the Coca Cola family of drivers running the Muppet cars, so the Muppets are out.
UPDATE: FSN's Totally NASCAR reports that the muppets were not allowed in the track due to 'licensing issues'.(7-12-2002

this is the uptodate one

Do your meeting start out with Hello, yes I am a Jimmy Spencer Fan, or is it Forgive me, but I am a Jimmy Spencer Fan?

Do your meeting start out with Hello, yes I am a Jimmy Spencer Fan, or is it Forgive me, but I am a Jimmy Spencer Fan?

LOL:D

Gonzo is on Rudd's car. I think the Swedish Chef on Bill's car is hillarious. The only person on the planet that talks funnier than Bill (not bashing him I love a Southern accent)

Ok try this again, maybe it'll work!

DE Wrangler 2 Is this the picture you all bow down to at your meetings? I hope you have 3D-glasses for that extra effect. Don't know if I could take that!!:p Instead of surround sound, that would be rotound Jimmy!!

I knew something like that was coming!!!:ROFLMFAO: :ROFLMFAO: :ROFLMFAO:

And to think I helped you do it!!!:ROFLMFAO: :ROFLMFAO: :ROFLMFAO:

Thanks for the help. hehehe Without it I couldn't have done it! I promise more to come. :nyanya:

sgbg88,
I look forward to the continuing saga.....................:D

This sponsorship/licensing fighting has to stop! (Lowes v Home Depot, etc...) Please tell me how this is supposed to make Tropicana (Pepsi?) look better? (if that's the real story)

Guess Tropicana is trying to make up for all the commercials w/ Shawna from last year (after her not qualifying and all in their car). Embarassing!

Once again Na$hcar is showing it's true colors. Sponsors of a race should not have this much say!

Seems like the Muppet people would have had their act together. They should have picked a track that is easier to deal with. It would have been much better to go to the track first to make sure everything would run smoothly. I'm sure some of the other tracks would have loved to get the exposure from the Muppets. Chicago passed up a great oppertunity.

When will they run the muppets paint scheme?  I don't think I remember seeing them yet.  I think spencer's car should have gonzo on it.  Seems like a perfect fit.  :p What muppet does he have?

Thats because NBC/TNT doesn't really show the paint schemes up close. They didn't last year at least.

I heard the real reason was that Dale Jarrett had a restraining order on Miss Piggy. He is afraid of her.

Wouldn't you be? If she does hurt him I hope it's not at Daytona, he'd have to wait a long time for the emergency help! Poor Kermit look at all the abuse he's received over the years!:p It

Wouldn't you be?  If she does hurt him I hope it's not at Daytona, he'd have to wait a long time for the emergency help!  Poor Kermit look at all the abuse he's received over the years!:p It

Good point!!!! Might take a while for the ambulance to get there!

Miss piggy is gonna kick some butts.
Really now this whole thing is a bit out of hand. It's all about money. :beerchug:

Originally posted by 6_17_97_99
Spencer has a Coke logo on his car, but he's not in the "coke family of drivers"
Hi, New here. Coke signed on with Jimmy about two months ago But he won`t be in the "Coke family of drivers" officially `till next year

Originally posted by 3 Fan Forever
  Hi, New here. Coke signed on with Jimmy about two months ago But he won`t be  in the "Coke family of drivers" officially `till next year

Hey #3 Fan welcome to the forum. :beerchug:

Welcome 3 Fan, hope you like it here!:)

Think anyone will pick Jimmy's Cole machine in the next commerical?

ESPN just had a cute little number on, it had the muppets outside the track with a cardboard sign that says "Tickets Please" and the are talking about calling Bobby Labonte. Cute.

Back
Top Bottom