Nope, Speed never shows any racing except NASCAR

VaDirt

Dirt Track Fanatic
Well, according to Andy.

Right now (1:00 EST) on Speed, Powri 600 cc micro sprints from Belleville.

I guess one just needs to pay attention and not always go for the gloom and doom. :rolleyes:

I think he meant when it goes into full Fox Sports mode they wouldn't I don't think he meant now.

Here are two things he actually said. And neither one of them reflect that.

Probably like 15 years ago, before SPEED decided the only racing they air is major league NASCAR racing.

I see more dirt late model races on NBC Sports Network in two weeks than I see on SPEED in an entire year.

CBS Sports Network aired auto racing all day and night. In other words, they aired more races today than SPEED did all month.

Yes,, and we also know you complain and post just so you can post. Whatever.

It's an indisputable fact that SPEED doesn't come close to airing as much racing now as they used to. Hell, back in 2001, Speedvision and TNT aired the entire ARCA season. SPEED can't even find it in themselves to air big races because they think every league should pay them a **** ton of money to air races.

THE only reason SPEED airs the Lucas Oil dirt races is because Lucas Oil pays them to air them, AND Lucas Oil packages everything. SPEED makes a ****ton of profit off them and that's the only reason they air them.

Sorta have to side with Andy on this one.
Dirt race broadcasts (WoO, Late models, whatever - you can forget about midgets) on SPEED are far and few between. And when they are shown, they are usually telecast a week or two later, after real dirt racing fans already know the results. See my Knoxville rant earlier this year.

Give me live dirt racing or give me nothing.
Thank you.

Edit: Not directed personally towards VaDirt - who we all know is the biggest dirt racing fan on this forum.
Just puttin' my two cents in.

OK gloom and doomers, here's my question when it comes to Andy's claims. Now that Speed has started broadcasting nothing but big time NASCAR racing where were all the live dirt races before they got rid of them all? I don't remember many at all, and even when they were on TV, there damn sure weren't very many (if any at all) live. In fact, as far as being able to see these races now, I think we have it pretty good these days. I certainly see a lot more dirt racing on TV today than I did when I was young, and the only thing you saw was maybe a snippet of the Hut 100 or some major USAC race on Wide World of Sports, which was not only not live, but very short.

And hell, in the 80s and on into the 90s, even all the Cup races weren't broadcast.

Or maybe that's just me, seeing the glass half full.

Yeah, we get so much more USAC, ARCA, ASA, World of Outlaws and etc coverage now than ever before. I mean, ESPN Speedworld never aired Thursday Night Thunder, TNN Motorsports never aired World of Outlaws and ASA. Speedvision never aired USAR Hooters Pro Cup and various other short track races. We should all be grateful that fewer and fewer races are being televised each year.

Yeah, we get so much more USAC, ARCA, ASA, World of Outlaws and etc coverage now than ever before. I mean, ESPN Speedworld never aired Thursday Night Thunder, TNN Motorsports never aired World of Outlaws and ASA. Speedvision never aired USAR Hooters Pro Cup and various other short track races. We should all be grateful that fewer and fewer races are being televised each year.
For one thing, you started this whole crap about SPEED. Not TNN (which doesn't even exist), not TNT, not ESPN.

Like I said, we still have it pretty damn good. Again, throughout the 80s and into the 90s, we didn't even get all the Cup races broadcast, let alone qualifying, practice or anything else. We saw racing on TV once a week, maybe twice if we were lucky. Yeah, that was "back in my day" but as of now (well, that's never really changed), you're sounding just like what you are: a gotta have it now, a "'woe is me" spoiled youngster that just doesn't get it. If you'd just start looking at the bright side of things, we wouldn't have to put up with so much of your incessant whining and bitching.

I mean hell, I got to see some micro sprints on TV Saturday, and that's pretty cool.

For one thing, you started this whole crap about SPEED. Not TNN (which doesn't even exist), not TNT, not ESPN.

Like I said, we still have it pretty damn good. Again, throughout the 80s and into the 90s, we didn't even get all the Cup races broadcast, let alone qualifying, practice or anything else. We saw racing on TV once a week, maybe twice if we were lucky. Yeah, that was "back in my day" but as of now (well, that's never really changed), you're sounding just like what you are: a you, gotta have it no, "'woe is me" spoiled youngster that just doesn't get it. If you'd just start looking at the bright side of things, we wouldn't have to put up with so much of your incessant whining and bitching.

I mean hell, I got to see some micro sprints on TV Saturday, and that's pretty cool.

I don't care about Sprint Cup qualifying (which Speedvision and ESPN2 used to air in the 90s btw). There was Thursday Night Thunder, tons of USAC, ARCA and ASA races, Pro Cup, all the NASCAR tours, NASCAR Winter Heat..... there's just no comparison.

It's the direction things have been moving in, and will continue to move in. You're fine with it and that's alright. Not everyone is as fortunate as you and I are where they can go to races three nights a week.

I don't care about Sprint Cup qualifying (which Speedvision and ESPN2 used to air in the 90s btw). There was Thursday Night Thunder, tons of USAC, ARCA and ASA races, Pro Cup, all the NASCAR tours, NASCAR Winter Heat..... there's just no comparison.

It's the direction things have been moving in, and will continue to move in. You're fine with it and that's alright. Not everyone is as fortunate as you and I are where they can go to races three nights a week.

Wake up Andy. On Speed? You seem to always focus on "how Speed never shows racing anymore" yet you continue to bring up these things that don't exist anymore.

Wake up Andy. On Speed? You seem to always focus on "how Speed never shows racing anymore" yet you continue to bring up these things that don't exist anymore.

USAC, ARCA, ASA, Pro Cup and NASCAR touring divisions don't exist anymore? I guess I'll start ignoring those press releases then.

USAC, ARCA, ASA, Pro Cup and NASCAR touring divisions don't exist anymore? I guess I'll start ignoring those press releases then.
Please pull your think-you-know-it-all head out of your ass for a second. TNN, and the TV channel shows you keep bringing up. I guess i need to spell things out for you.

Please pull your think-you-know-it-all head out of your ass for a second. TNN, and the TV channel shows you keep bringing up. I guess i need to spell things out for you.

TNN no longer exists but the racing divisions I mentioned do exist. Not only that, but there are other divisions, such as ARCA/CRA, SRL and UARA that put on a show worth televising. SPEED won't air it unless they're paid a large sum of money. Hell, ALMS had to go to ESPN, F1 to NBC and SPEED even refused to air IndyCar.

Graphs seem to work sometimes.Just have to make sure there are alot of lines with alot of colors.:D

TNN no longer exists but the racing divisions I mentioned do exist. Not only that, but there are other divisions, such as ARCA/CRA, SRL and UARA that put on a show worth televising. SPEED won't air it unless they're paid a large sum of money. Hell, ALMS had to go to ESPN, F1 to NBC and SPEED even refused to air IndyCar.

Head from ass you must remove. JEEZUS!

Head from ass you must remove. JEEZUS!

I don't know which part of this you aren't understanding. There are MORE sports networks than ever before yet fewer televised races. FOX Sports 1, ESPN, ESPN2, FUEL, NBC Sports Network, CBS Sports Network, ESPN3, SPEED, SPEED2, MASN, NBC CSN, SportSouth...... yet we can't get basic races like the Snowball Derby on TV.

I don't know which part of this you aren't understanding. There are MORE sports networks than ever before yet fewer televised races. FOX Sports 1, ESPN, ESPN2, FUEL, NBC Sports Network, CBS Sports Network, ESPN3, SPEED, SPEED2, MASN, NBC CSN, SportSouth...... yet we can't get basic races like the Snowball Derby on TV.
I give up Andy, move along. We know, we know. You hate everything. I, however, started the thread that there was micro sprint racing on TV, which I thought was pretty cool.

Here, this is for you. :rolleyes:

Blago%20cloud%20over%20head.jpg

I give up Andy, move along. We know, we know. You hate everything. I, however, started the thread that there was micro sprint racing on TV, which I thought was pretty cool.

Here, this is for you. :rolleyes:

Blago%20cloud%20over%20head.jpg

Actually, you started a thread by whizzing in my corn flakes:

Nope, Speed never shows any racing except NASCAR

Well, according to Andy.

Right now (1:00 EST) on Speed, Powri 600 cc micro sprints from Belleville.

I guess one just needs to pay attention and not always go for the gloom and doom. :rolleyes:

I really need to check the forum throughout the day from my iPhone, I'm missing out on some pretty entertaining stuff :D

Back
Top Bottom