Not a hate crime....

Ford 222

Team Owner
According to FBI. Garage door pull rope fashioned in a noose has been there since last race and verified by pictures.

Just waiting for the breaking headlines of the results of this investigation on all major news outlets.....

I like Bubba and discrimination should never be tolerated, but I found it hard to believe that someone would have done something like with how close of a community the nascar garage is and being that only teams and officials were allowed in there.

Oh, you mean the rope on the garage door? That's a detail you might include in the accusation. holy hell lol
I knew it was bs

Had a feeling as long as it was taking something was wrong.Maybe they should have done their homework beforehand. Unbelievable.

Well I apologize for jumping that one. Alot of people are owed apologies on this board as well. What an idiot, I shoulda just stopped and chilled for a bit, still props to Bubba for handling this. I think I learned my lesson... dont jump to conclusions.

I’m thankful Bubba wasn’t the target of an actual hate crime. That’s the important thing.

That said, this is an embarrassing overreaction. All the unity and positivity from yesterday is about to get completely enveloped.

Alot of people are owed apologies on this board as well.

If anyone was criticized for expressing that they would calmly wait for the results of the investigation before reacting, yes. For those who termed it a deliberate hoax (already happening again above), or played the "What about crime in Chicago?" game, no, they aren't owed anything but scorn.

Un****ingbelievable.

I heard the pull rope mentioned last night and I responded with "no dumbass everyone is aware of those, no way they **** up this bad" aaaand here we are.

Big F by nascar, jumping to racial conclusions and making every member of the sport with a twitter handle look like idiots.

I’m thankful Bubba wasn’t the target of an actual hate crime. That’s the important thing.

That said, this is an embarrassing overreaction. All the unity and positivity from yesterday is about to get completely enveloped.
In these times, I wouldn't even say an overreaction. I'm happy it wasn't as serious as it could have been, no one is harmed and everyone is safe.

Its going to be a hit to the PR department, but rather that than this be more serious than what have could been.

Un****ingbelievable.

I heard the pull rope mentioned last night and I responded with "no dumbass everyone is aware of those, no way they **** up this bad" aaaand here we are.

Big F by nascar, jumping to racial conclusions and making every member of the sport with a twitter handle look like idiots.

When I heard the rope door thing I thought the same, there is no way someone is going to make that kind of mistake, yet here we are. I'm stunned beyond belief.

Un****ingbelievavle.

F*ck nascar.

What an EMBARRESSMENT.

Nascar had the world in its hand and they BLEW it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

When I heard the rope door thing I thought the same, there is no way someone is going to make that kind of mistake, yet here we are. I'm stunned beyond belief.
Well, considering it was the 43 garage and it would be easy to see something sinister.
I'm sure NASCAR has protocols in place for situations. They needed to follow the steps to insure safety.
Had they just assumed it was innocent and something dire happened .........

Un****ingbelievavle.

F*ck nascar.

What an EMBARRESSMENT.

Nascar had the world in its hand and they BLEW it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Sorry, I don't see it as embarrassing. I see it as being sure that everyone is safe and not being threatened in any way.

In these times, I wouldn't even say an overreaction. I'm happy it wasn't as serious as it could have been, no one is harmed and everyone is safe.

Its going to be a hit to the PR department, but rather that than this be more serious than what have could been.
Im fully appreciative for Bubba’s safety obviously. Love that dude. And also relived to know the support he was shown yesterday was authentic.

However, this was definitely an overreaction. I feel like this could have been ascertained internally before blowing up into a national storyline requiring federal investigation. They couldn’t tell the difference between a noose and a pull rope? Really?

Kudos to NASCAR for taking the threat seriously. But I think everyone, particularly the NASCAR media, jumped to a conclusion big time. You had Marty Smith crying on ESPN and carrying on just 48 hrs ago. Now everyone looks dumb.

I also feel bad for Bubba. Dude was caught in the middle of this and did nothing wrong whatsoever. Already got the Jussie Smollett BS being tossed around. Just bad.

You should listen to the guys on the NASCAR channel backpedaling right now
Moody absolutely railed on some guy that called in and said that it had been a garage door pull rope. Railed on him and anyone that dared to suggest it was anything but a hate crime and Bubba was a victim. I’m tempted to go outside and just sit in my vehicle to listen to him make excuses.

I said something similar to @Michfan and have already apologized elsewhere. How did someone on the track staff not point this out?

Well, considering it was the 43 garage and it would be easy to see something sinister.
I'm sure NASCAR has protocols in place for situations. They needed to follow the steps to insure safety.
Had they just assumed it was innocent and something dire happened .........
Sorry, I don't see it as embarrassing. I see it as being sure that everyone is safe and not being threatened in any way.
I wish I had your positive outlook, I just can't see it that way, they should have kept it low key until they were sure instead of blowing it up the way they did, a massive and monumental overreaction that I'm afraid could be very difficult to overcome.

This should serve as a lesson to everyone that it is better to wait and see and get all of the facts before jumping to conclusions. NASCAR, the media, and some fans failed miserably at that. Also, somebody seeing a situation and saying they want to see all of the facts and evidence first and that something seems off does not automatically make that person evil or racist. This is a black eye on the sport on so many levels, and any respect the sport was gaining has now been lost. News outlets are gonna make fun of NASCAR for a minute now

This is going to be a huge embarrassment for nascar, talk about an over reaction, wow.

No. This was the right reaction. There was context for that reaction. An overreaction would have been pulling out of Dega without a race--which I asserted.

This should serve as a lesson to everyone that it is better to wait and see and get all of the facts before jumping to conclusions. NASCAR, the media, and some fans failed miserably at that. Also, somebody seeing a situation and saying they want to see all of the facts and evidence first and that something seems off does not automatically make that person evil or racist. This is a black eye on the sport on so many levels, and any respect the sport was gaining has now been lost. News outlets are gonna make fun of NASCAR for a minute now
Yeah. NASCAR was being supported HARD this morning by major sports talk shows.

It's reputation is gonna take another hit potentially.

We'll see what fans say. But I don't think the situation was handled poorly. Just bad timing in a sensitive climate.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm glad it wasn't real, and I really feel for bubba as this wasn't his fault.
unfortunately this type of over reaction and pitchfork mob mentality is becoming more and more common as everyone fears being"cancelled" by the rightous mob.

This is a black eye on the sport on so many levels, and any respect the sport was gaining has now been lost.

Nope. A sport diseased from the inside out would have lost respect. This whole deal is about unity and pushing out hate. I saw a lot of unity yesterday for all of the right reasons.

No. This was the right reaction. There was context for that reaction. An overreaction would have been pulling out of Dega without a race--which I asserted.
As I said to Texas, I wish I had your outlook but I can't, this was without question one of the biggest overreactions on anything I have ever seen and nascar is going to have a very hard time recovering from it.

Back
Top Bottom